Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD(E+) Ownership Review Thread : 80 Kms / 2 days :)

Thread Starter #1
So after reading a lot of reviews, asking questions and TDing bought this Nova White Italian Beast.
Paid 6.5 lac ( with insurance, accessories, 4 year Warranty and RSA ) (Ex-Showroom)
Salesman was very generous throughout the purchase process. [:)]

• While closing the door with a loud thud, i just felt sitting in a big car and not a hatchback.
  • Drove for around an hour in and out of traffic.
  • As known to everyone, the Driving quality is superb.
  • As you accelerate the car it just digs into the road giving you a sense of security. It was not a superhighway so bumps and uneven road was expected but car cruised through everything with excellence.
  • Automatic AC is chilling( as in every new car ) but it is easy to navigate with that temperature knob.
  • Steering controls are easy to use.
  • Blue me was configured in no time ( iPhone and HTC ).
  • You feel good while shifting gears because of the Leather mounted gear knob
  • Tyres are wide and big. The puntos i TDed were having apollo tyres but this batch has come with Goodyear tyres. Don't know about the quality of Goodyears.

-/+ ( Long Clutch ): As i was driving i felt that the clutch is very long. You have to go a long way to change the gear. But on the other hand found out that in the city with bumper to bumper traffic i can move in first and second gear by just releasing the clutch and without pressing any accelerator. Which is kind of good when you move just a few meters and have to stop again.

-/+ ( USB Port ): hmmmm.. USB port in the Glovebox of the car. It helps if you move also move around with new people. They don't know where the music is being played, reducing the risk of theft. But it is also a bit hard to place it. You have bend over to properly put it into place. But we do this once a month so it is kind of a positive.

- ( Length of seats ): ( Just my opinion ) Front seats are very long( in height ) compared to other hatchbacks and the passengers sitting in the rear cannot see ahead on the road, which i think is not a good thing because in our country everyone likes to watch the road ahead as if they themselves are driving. I think by removing the head rests i can solve that problem. Also long seats kind of act as a barrier if you are talking to the people sitting in the front.
- Rear-View: It is not wide and sometimes troubles you while reversing the car.

So this is my review till now.
Would share more [:)]

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations levis.

How much you have paid for OTR in Chandigarh and what all free bies / discounts (cash)you have got ? Also why did you select White ? It is a nice colour, just wanted to understand your point that is it:-)

Nice pictures.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
Thanks guys..
OTR in punjab is now 4%. It used to be 2% earlier.
They gave us a bill of 6.64 lakhs but we only paid 6.50 ( I don't know why. )
freebies - mats,car cover, mud flaps, perfume, anti-rust coating, Teflon coating ( i don't think they did it to the car. Any way to find out ?)
White is a calming color. My dad is also gonna drive this car so if would be odd if we had chosen exotic red [:)]. Plus he didn't wanted to go for any other color.

Thanks guys..
OTR in punjab is now 4%. It used to be 2% earlier.
They gave us a bill of 6.64 lakhs but we only paid 6.50 ( I don't know why. )
freebies - mats,car cover, mud flaps, perfume, anti-rust coating, Teflon coating ( i don't think they did it to the car. Any way to find out ?)
White is a calming color. My dad is also gonna drive this car so if would be odd if we had chosen exotic red [:)]. Plus he didn't wanted to go for any other color.
Kool man. Well I do not know how anyone can check whether the teflon coating is being done or not but there are people and I am sure. Someone would be having an idea about it.

Kool man. Well I do not know how anyone can check whether the teflon coating is being done or not but there are people and I am sure. Someone would be having an idea about it.
Wash your car and wipe it, with teflon coating you will get a clear wipe, without teflon coating, patches of water will remain. This is the easiest way of finding (pls correct me if I'm wrong)

Congrats on the car levis_lover!

and btw, what are you doing here online? I thought you would be busy driving your new beauty! [glasses][glasses]

cograts on your new car levis lover.removing the head rest isn't advisable. its a safety feature which prevents neck injuries in high speed crashes from the rear.(God forbid such an eventuality )white is a good colour for punto.dark shades of sun control films would cantrast it real good. any plans for it?

Thread Starter #12
cograts on your new car levis lover.removing the head rest isn't advisable. its a safety feature which prevents neck injuries in high speed crashes from the rear.(God forbid such an eventuality )white is a good colour for punto.dark shades of sun control films would cantrast it real good. any plans for it?
yeah i am looking forward for the film and speakers.
Speakers are not upto the mark.
My budget for the speakers is around 10K. Any suggestions please ?
Also any suggestion for the film which can resist sun's heat ?
Thanks.

yeah i am looking forward for the film and speakers.
Speakers are not upto the mark.
My budget for the speakers is around 10K. Any suggestions please ?
Also any suggestion for the film which can resist sun's heat ?
Thanks.
Many congratulations for your Italian beauty. Regarding the ICE query, feel free to start a new thread in separate section :smile:.

Thread Starter #14
^ Thanks Akash.
I travel in villages a lot.
And i don't think the mats they have provided are enough for the dust. Should i buy another set of mats to cover the company ones ?

I travel in villages a lot.
And i don't think the mats they have provided are enough for the dust. Should i buy another set of mats to cover the company ones ?
Yes, you should. Even i have a dual layer of mats over my cars carpet since my car has to visit the coal yards atleast once in a week. IMO get a set of aftermarket floor mats which i find much more durable when compared to OE ones.

Top Bottom