Here comes the ownership experience:
My 8 year hunt for RX (yes ofcourse I was looking for a RX right from my school days, which my family never allowed to own) ended with this beauty.
What ever is painted in black were the only old parts and all others were new including the fasteners, Pinston & Rings, Clutch plates, Oil pump, etc etc. Apache RTR180 White color paint, RX135 5 Speed stickers.
Taken a drive to test her performance. On the first kick, her heart got life and started roaring. Brisk exhaust note attracted the guys on the street. Taken her to a highway where there was no traffic, I got the chance to feed the engine with full throtle. To my surprise the speedo reached a 3 digit figure in no matter of time. But the bike vibrates a lot and the engine was begging not to rev her anymore.
Max speed acheived is 105kmph that too i was riding her on a flat road with wind supporting my ride.
Max Speed in each gear
1st : 25kmph
2nd : 40kmph
3rd : 55 kmph
4th : 105kmph Mileage:
No highway drives, used only within the city
Best : 41kmpl (50kmph average)
Worst : 24kmpl (no typo) List of Problems faced:
1) Clutch hard - Routing of the cable was not proper, corrected it myself and the issue solved
2) Neutral switch malfunctioning - Neutral lights glows in all gears - I dont get time to rectify this, the bulb blown out
in 2 days of running
3) 2T oil leak near Tank - Found the rubber tube was damaged, replaced under mechanic's verbal warranty of repairing / solving any minor issues free of cost
4) Ignition key broken - Left the key in side lock and turned the handle bar from right to left
- Got a pair of duplicate keys
After 4 months of happy ownership, I was about to relocate to chennai. I thought of taking the baby along with me, but one of my close friend expressed his desire on my baby. Half heartedly I let her go with him.
Missing her badly now.