Here is my longterm ownership review of TVS Star Sport
It was during the year 2007, when i felt it's the right time to say bye bye to my 3 year old TVS Max 100 R. Loved the performance of the 2 stroke mean machine, but worried about the mileage (since depending on my Dad's pocket by that time) Wanted bike that could deliver me atleast 65+ kmpl and easy to maintain.
My family zeroed at TVS as we had a nice relationship with TVS Dealership from 1998 when we bought TVS 50 XL.
The worst scenario is that my brother offered to get me nothing more than a 100cc bike
on seeing some of my stunts at Max 100 R.
Myself and my brother went to the dealership on the same evening. I was left out with only two choices, Star City & Star Sport. Somehow I was attracted by the looks of Star Sport, that too in Silver Grey color. Taken the delivery of the bike on the same day.
Here comes the ownership review.
Throughout the ownership of about 4 years, she was under my perfect care and love. Abused a lot, but the same time maintained her with atmost care tackle up the next abuse.
Odo Reading : 28750
List of problems faced:
1) Horn stopped functioning within 3 months after buying & got replaced under warranty
2) Faced starting trouble problem after 2nd free service, which was then fixed up by the dealership
3) Battery went dead after 2 years (vehicle was left unused for about 2 months) - Installed new Exide battery
List of modifications done:
1) Alloys and Chain cover was Black Powder Coated
2) Installed Short Handle Bars, which gave the riding posture similar to Yamaha R15
3) Rear Suspension height increased by 40mm
4) Installed Yamaha RX Rear Chain Sprocket (i think it was 36tooth, correct me if I'm wrong)
5) Removed the Engine bore and head & replaced with a used Star City cylinders and pistons (it was rebored to 120cc, not sure about the pistons. Mechanic sourced it on his own)
6) Installed Free Flow Exhaust (So called 'diffuser' in mechanic's slang)
I was happy with the performance of the bike, as I used to do 100+kmph rides without much pressure.
The best and worst mileage were 65kmpl & 52kmpl after all these mods and 74kmpl & 58kmpl when she was in stock condition.
After completing my college days, restored the engine to stock condition and fitted the original silencer.
Here are some of her photos taken few months back