My Manza Aura ABS QJet - Truly a Breed Apart - Now 23,000+ Kms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hi,
I am new to this forum. I am basically from Chennai, but have relocated to Bangalore some 8 years ago.
I had a 97 model Zen, and then in 2004 bought a Zen lxi which I replaced with Manza Aura ABS Qjet last month.
Bought it from Concorde Dairy circle for an OTR of around 786000rs. I have so far covered 3365 km on it and the experience has been surprisingly wonderful, considering that I was advised not to go for a Tata car by friends and family.

FE
I have driven to Chennai twice.
On the first trip there were 2 of us, me and my wife, and the FE for the whole trip was 21.7km/l by full tank to full tank method (the average shown on the display was 23.8 km/l). max speed 80 km/h
ON the second trip, there were 5 of us. We went to chennai and from there went to Mahaballipuram, back to Chennai through the famous evening traffic and then back to Bangalore. This time the Manza returned a FE of 18.5km/l. This may be due to the fact that we were stuck in traffic jams in Chennai and and on were idling the car with ac on for around 20 minutes a couple of times. Max speed 130 km/h (this was after the run in period)
I am yet to get the FE for city driving. Will soon update.

Driving experience [:D]
I was expecting a slow and sluggish drive, especially as I have been driving a Zen, and had mentally prepared for the slow drives. But, I found that I didn’t have to change my style of driving as Manza was able to deliver as good if not better than my Zen. Getting ahead of the traffic was quite easy.

Problem area [frustration]
Parking is a bit of a pain. Should get used to it soon.

The two side mirrors and the rear view mirror show rear objects in different magnification. What I mean is that the side view mirrors show the rear traffic much further than the rear view mirror, which shows the actual distance. This may take some time getting used to. In my Zen both the side mirrors and the center mirrors show the true distance.

The high beam actually flashes inside the range of the low beam and the tata guys have not been able to fix it. They suggested I upgrade the bulb.

Guys, any thought on these issues?

After 26000+ kms, my take on this car
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/3518-my-manza-aura-abs-qjet-truly-breed-apart-now-23-000-kms-32.html#post181056

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Re: My Manza Aura ABS Qjet - Truly a breed apart

Hello Highway Ranger, Welcome to The Automotive India and Congratulations for getting the Manza. Side mirrors usually do not show the accurate distance, which is also the reason why it is mentioned on them ‘The objects in the mirror are closer than they appear’. Did you check the high beam issue with other Manza? Is it same across all the models or particular with your car? If it’s latter, then Tata Motors must be able to rectify the problem. Hope you enjoy with your new car and do not forget to upload some pictures soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3

Hi 350Z,

Thank you.

I read the ‘The objects in the mirror are closer than they appear’ caution printed on side rear view mirrors. It is only for me to get used to this as in my previous Zen, both the center and the side mirrors display the same magnification. I should be able to overcome this soon.

I have yet to check if other Manzas have the high beam problem. I have read a few reviews where the owners say that the low beam is good and the high beam is not effective. I will check with other manzas once I get a chance.

I felt this very much when I had to take an emergency night trip to Chennai. I felt like a joker flashing the high beam much lower than the low beam's range.

Tata guys say that there are no adjustments for the high beam (like the adjustment screws found in other cars like zen for example.

I have tried concorde as well as prerana.

The low beam is very powerful even for highway drives.

Hello highwayranger welcome to TAI , congratulations on getting the Manza! Very well written report but where are the pictures mate?

There is one Manza is my apartment , i will check out the high beam issue whenever i get a chance. I have driven the Manza in low beam and yeah it was very powerful and effective!

Congrats Highway Ranger. By the way which color did you bought.
And any review is incomplete without pictures.
On the highbeam problem, I found the highbeam quite adequate in my car

Thread Starter #6

Hi Cooldhaya,

Thank you. Please let me know if you get a chance to test the high beam in the Manza.

Hi Safire90,

Thank you. I opted for Gothic Olive. I thought that suited the shape well, though my wife wanted the monarch red.

Regarding the high beam problem, can you please check if the high beam throws the light further out ahead than the low beam or does brighten the same area that the low beam's spread?

In my case the high beam only brightens the same area that is lit up by the low beam.

Pictures! yes. Didnt have time to take them. Will take them this weekend and upload them.

Planning to fix spoilers. They are quoting Rs 4800 upward here in Bangalore. One shop in Kellys, Chennai quoted Rs 2800. Didnt have time to check it out and fix it. Will do it on my next visit to Chennai. Seen a couple of manzas with spoilers. Looks cool.

welcome to TAI highway ranger and precise review! please add photos to make it complete..[:)]

Hello Highway Ranger,

Welcome to The Automotive India. Many congratulations for your Manza. Waiting for some pics of your ride.
Enjoy your stay aboard.

Hi Safire90,

Thank you. I opted for Gothic Olive. I thought that suited the shape well, though my wife wanted the monarch red.

Regarding the high beam problem, can you please check if the high beam throws the light further out ahead than the low beam or does brighten the same area that the low beam's spread?

In my case the high beam only brightens the same area that is lit up by the low beam.
I checked out the throw of highbeam in our car and it is throwing farther then the region of low beam, will post the pictures if you want(just don't want to hijack your thread)
Again many congrats for the car...

Thread Starter #11

Thanks Akash.

Will post pictures soon.

HI Safire90,

Thanks for the trouble. Will again insist on the highbeam focus next time I visit the service station. Can you tell me the level of the low beam when you tested? The motorised low beam level control should be normally at the highest level when testing the high beam as this would be the normal position for drives with just one or 2 persons.

Hmmm i would say don need spoiler in a Manza! I have seen some Manza's with spoiler and they don go well with the car.

Hi , Highway ranger!

welcome , and we do own a manza.

i am comfortable with the lights , hope you were tuned to zen headlights and find the high beam difficult.

Accept the highbeam focus point is short , . just feels like some few feets longer than the low beam. But this is good practice.

Installing some HID in fog lamp part must help you.

because , you can't adjust only the high beam , the whole thing should be moved . So this moves out the lower beam too.

Congrats for your new Manza! [:)]

Since you have bought it recently, I thought you would be the best person to answer this. Have Tata quietly changed few colour shades available in Manza earlier? Few colours seem to have been discontinued.

Thread Starter #15

Hi Cooldhaya,

I will see how the spoiler looks on my car before fixing it. I also dont want it to hinder the rear view. If it gives me reference point for the rear end of the car, it will help in reversing.

Hi Ilango,

Thank you.

I am ok with the low beam even for highway drives. Only find the big difference in the high beam focus. It may be because Zen's high beam really made a big difference. I have been following your tread about your Manza. Of late there has been no update from your part???

Hi Knightrider,

Thank you.

You are right. Tata has discontinued Satin Gold and another colour, some Bluesh Grey, dont' recall what that was called. Gothic Olive is new and is darker than Satin Gold.

I have been driving Manza for a little over 45 days, clocked over 3300km. I am fully satisfied with its performance. In city I rarely rev the engine over 1500 rpm and use the turbo rarely (only to get ahead of the traffic).

The AC is a chiller. I have 3M CR 70 sunfilm for my windshield and 3M SP35 for the doors and the rear. CR 70 is more effective than the SP35. Should have gone in for RE35 for the sides and rear. CR 70 also reduces the glare at night while not affecting the visibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom