I have been driving a Zen since 1997 and again went for another Zen in 2003. I just loved the Zen. But with age catching up, I found the Zen a bit cramped and decided to go for something bigger (with more space).
In came Manza. Had everything I wanted. Space, comfort, features, Bluetooth, USB support, ABS
, Diesel engine, etc
After one and a half years and 26000+ kms with my Manza, I now have time to reflect on my decision. The pros and cons below are purely based on my particular car and my personal experience. (Though some of the issues are common across a lot of Manzas) Reasons why one can consider buying a Manza: Lots of space
– don’t ever have the cramped feeling. Easy to get in and
– seating position, Driving position, suspension, etc. Back seat comfort is supposed to be great – I have not got an opportunity to experience it. Features
– cabin spotlights, front and back, Bluetooth, 2 12v outlets, rear armrest, vanity mirror with lights (my wife uses it all the time), pull tag to lift the boot floor to access the spare, pull tag to pullout the rear armrest, MID, headlights going off when you remove the key, large boot space, and many more. AC
– very effective. FE
– (method of calculation – full tank to full tank mostly at the same
bunk and the same pump) getting around 15kmpl in Bangalore city traffic with aggressive driving (with 30% AC) and 19 to 21kmpl on highways with 100% AC Handling
– may not be suitable for off road rallying, but good enough for fast highway drives. (The combination of its handling and acceleration saved me from some real tight spots a couple of times) Speed and acceleration
– Just amazes me. If I am doing around 120-140 kmph in 5th gear, a slight pressure on the pedal will propel the car like a rocket leaving the competition way behind. ( I love racing on the highway – I know there will be lot of advice from fellow members on how unsafe it is to do so. But it is in my gene). The car is rock steady at 170kmph and rearing to go faster. I find it fun to drive. Build quality
– I have taken this car through some really bad roads (or roads), still no rattle. Brakes
- good On the other hand…
Reasons why one might think twice before buying this car:
High beam comes misaligned straight from the factory and I had to complain to the customer care to rectify it and the TASS had no clue as to what to do.
Replaced the AC fresh air intake valve assembly.
Replaced the power window master switch assembly on the driver side door.
Replaced the indicator stalk assembly. ( all the lights used to flicker one time when you use the turn indicator).
Replaced the gear lever cable bracket. (there was a huge sideways play)
Mud flap came off and were replaced.
Front brake discs were replaced. ( they were slightly bent and there was shuddering while braking)
Both the front seatbelt assemblies were replaced. (did not retract properly)
Fog lamps need to be replaced. Water got inside while driving through a flooded road. The lamps are supposed to be sealed units – waterproof. They have placed an order and are waiting for it to arrive.
Slight steering wobble between the speed of 110 to 120. Looks like that is my problem. Slightly bent rims.
Ignorant TASS SAs
I may have missed out some of the good and bad. BTW, for both my previous Zens the thing I replaced were only the batteries and tyres.
Over all, how do I feel about the car?
This is a great car and I don’t regret buying this. And I am happy with the car and its performance.