hey guys i purchased a polo tdi highline 2 months ago and clocked 2800 kms, after this much time i have noticed/concluded
1) The statement about engine noise as ashikawa quoted is true but driving continuously more than 70km and driving slow after doing 100 kmph + sometimes sound reminds of my dad's government jeep.
2) no provision of locking car doors from inside individually and they can be opened from outside if not locked from a tiny button on drivers side.(not so thoughtful).
3) rear view vision is hindered from passenger headrests.
4) no matter what sells person tells you about the glass being already tinted and all, you have to go for films as glass area is more and becomes hot (very) if parked in sun for 30 minutes or more. same goes for the "premium" seat covers.
5) most important is that company provides you a 2 DIN FM/CD player (awesome quality though), with no remote and no USB/Aux IN support what so ever, and if you want to change only dealer can change that.
I was given option to exchange the company fitted system and fit system of my choice (but from the dealership only as they started talking about warranty and all scary stuff on else case), and they will exchange it for 7500 INR. 2 din (kenwood w/o speakers)they were offering with i pod support and usb and other fancy things which is a must was priced 20000 INR so i have to give my new system and give 12500 INR to get my i pod connected to this music hating car. I refused and burned cds, but cds tend to wear out and it is not easy to navigate too.
guys this are not problems these are mere observations, but the car is good to look at, nice to sit in and better to drive. people complaining about 75 ps power and 3 cylinder odd engine is just baseless because frankly what are you going to do with so much power which is not even needed for a hatchback, acceleration is nice enough and handling is like moving spoon in bowl of cream (twin power steering), gear shifts are smooth in any condition. breaks are nice and ABS
works great (personal experience).
i need suggestions regarding CD player and also open to questions regarding ownership and stuff.