I have recently booked a Mahindra KUV100 NXT petrol K4+. I decided to exchange my Celerio, since I wanted a bigger hatch back for easily carrying my family members and I also wanted good seating height for comfort on longer journeys. Also I looked at the following options before going for Mahindra:
1. Ford Freestyle - good car, fully loaded, but didn't get a good exchange price on my old Celerio as the dealership only referred me to a used car dealer and also did not give any offers. Also I was slighly wary about Ford after sales service after hearing from several colleagues/family members.
2. Tata Tigor - Though not a hatch, I still considered it as a good option but my family are dead against Tata and though I am aware that Tata have improved a lot, we still have some old scars from Tata Cars' reliability in our family. But when I T'D it, I really liked the feel of the car.
3. Mahindra KUV100 NXT - my wife and I were really impressed by the space inside the vehicle and also we liked the comfort when the vehicle rolled on some bumpy roads during the Test Drives. Among the cars in this price range, I found KUV to fit my needs ideally, though I have read some bad things about its mileage.
Considered but not in depth:
1. Volkswagon Ameo / Polo - Considered but I was put off when a family member who owns a Polo recently spent Rs. 2,00,000/- on the engine after it got some issue with timing belt. It also seems also that VW have expensive ASS
2. Compact Sedans such as Swift Dzire, Ameo, Amaze, etc. but ruled out due to my lack of interest in this segment.
3. Higher end mini-SUV such as Vitara Brezza, Ford Ecosport, Duster etc. since they are out of my budget range.
Finally my heart told me to go for Mahindra KUV, since I really liked the spacious interiors and also the SUV-like styling and I have booked it this weekend from India Garage, Mount Road.
I decided on the K4+ variant petrol, I will make payment by this Wednesday and expecting delivery the week after.
Will also share the dealership experience later.