My Little Angel - Alto Lxi 2010

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

I wish to share on a dream come true of a middle class family man.

I guess this experience will be same across with many of us - "Dreaming to own a car for family".

I am not good in write up but will try my best to draft it well.. [:)]

Here you go with a teaser image...

Attachments

Nice ride man. keep it up. keep the ride well it will never fail for you.

post some few interior and exterior pictures soon.

safe driving.

350Z

Core Team
Your car appears to be well maintained. Do share some basic details and more pictures soon. Please feel free to refer to other reviews in our forums to write your own. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Nice picture there buddy! The car looks well maintained , waiting for the report and pictures of your car!

hey lovetodrive, welcome to TAI please add some details and pics of your car so that we can atleast comment something [:)]

Thread Starter #9
Friends, thanks a lot for your comments.
I always try my best to keep my car clean both Interior and Exterior.

My passion to automobiles started when i was in 4th standard. At the time of vacation I went to my uncle’s home in high range and was there for around 1 month. His drive was a Mahindra Jeep and being travelling through high range hair pins and forest roads started my love to drive.[:D]

Even I came back home, my longing for travelling and vehicles didn’t went off and I was looking for an alternative. At the age of 8 we are not supposed to do much, isn’t it? So I made a decision of collecting prototypes. Started from 2, I made a pretty good collection, even now too [;)]. I used to have barter system (coins, stamps, even some toys L) with my friends to get new and rare protos.

Days and years gone and in 1999, I had my first 2 wheeler, Suzuki Samurai – The no problem bike my companion for last 12 years.

My wish for a car was in the high after I got a job and started my savings for that. After 3 years I started my search for a small segment car. My wish list were,

1. Wagon R
2. Beat
3. Alto
3. Indica

My Friends, they helped me a lot for a right decision from these choices. So considering mileage, for my daily trip of 26-30Kms and weekend trip of 250Kms, i went for Alto Lxi, White (After a big debate with my wify and promised the next car will be her color choice).

And my dream comes true on February 11th of 2010

Will post interior pics soon…

Attachments

Thread Starter #11
Dhaya,

Thank you.

Thought posting interior pics after taking the delivery..[lol] Kiddin..

Will post in part 4...

Last edited:
Thread Starter #13
Re: My Little Angel - Alto Lxi 2010 - Part 3

Dealer:
I made a frequent runaround between Trivandrum and Thiruvalla within 2 weeks after I confirmed my choice.

I got in touch with all dealers that I could in home town, AVG, Indus, Popular and Sarathy.

All except one were having the standard package - 8k discount. I enquired with my cousins and friends to make sure who is having better customer care after sales. Many pointed me to Sarathy and even they offered me few freebies.
1. Floor Mats
2. Mud Flaps
3. Steering and Seat (Fabric) Covers
4. Side Beddings
5. Body colored bumpers for 1500/-
6. Underbody for 2050/-

Bank loan:
Can you believe!!
I got my car loan in a day from SBT [clap]. The reason I guess is, they already know my parents who stood as my guarantor. Anyways after signing all documents by 12noon, they asked us to come by 4pm to collect the DD.

Delivery:
Was expecting the delivery by 10th of February but due to some reason they could not make it. And on 11th morning the Sales Executive Vinod called and asks me to take delivery by 4pm. Along with my Father, Father-in-law and my friend Rony, we reached there by 3.30 and yeah……she was there outside the showroom.

Everything got ready within 45 minutes, settled all amounts.
And the total expense came to 3.03Lakhs.

By 4.40pm I started my Little Angel from Sarathy showroom and I passed the drive to Rony. Because I learnt driving in 2000 and I didn’t drove after [:D].

Fueled my Angel with 25ltrs and drove home with fulfilled mind of my dream come true….

Amma was waiting at the door step to receive our new member and I seen happy faces of my parents which satisfied all my efforts.

I would like you guys to rate my Angel story..

Attachments

hay lovetodrive the car looks superb. one point check the fog lamps frequently. since they are in the bumpers they may get damaged by debris in the roads. i got the same model and mine got damaged y'day and re pare cost is around 1800 which is MGA and comes under insurance too. so saved.
and also if there are any rats in the home keep some rat traps to kill them .the two main parts they attack is the AC vent and the rubber and wiring they love the new smell of rubber.
looks like you keeping the baby in good condition.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #15
Thank you kamal. Hope your car is fine.

Mishap few months back..hit a dog and the left fog broke.
Just after 1 week i fix my fog [frustration]. I thought of replacing the lamps and went to the shop, but those guys happily assembled that broken unit with some good adhesive. It worked [clap]. For that time i was happy. Now the bulb is not functioning and i wish to go for a new better quality fog lamps if available.

Here for Alto (not the case of K10), there is no genuine MGA fog lamps available, that what my dealer said.

Top Bottom