How I Met My Nexon

Thread Starter #1
If I overlook my childhood fantasy of owning a car, then buying a car sprouted in my mind after I saw Baleno. I was quite fascinated by its look and somewhere I started dreaming of Baleno in my parking area. As time passed by, amidst some other fascinations(Royal Enfield) and some other necessities, planning to buy car died down. Suddenly in mid-2017, I was again occupied by thought to get a new car. Like majority of population, Maruti Suzuki was my first choice. By that time, due to few negative reviews of Baleno, idea of Baleno had left my mind stealthily and I did not even know when this happened . Till that time a new name was there in auto-blogs, Dzire 2017 , new version of very successful car Swift Dzire. Kudos to Maruti Suzuki for introducing a solid product in the market!!!

We went to Maruti showroom. After seeing features and performance of their cars, we sorted out Dzire and Brezza. But that time going for a diesel car was not in my mind. This along with Brezza’s price made me drop out Brezza from my wish list. Till this point Tata was nowhere in my mind because nobody relied Tata when it comes to car. However, on my wife’s insistence we went to Tata showroom to check out Tigor as that time I was thinking of taking sedan. Just for namesake we went to the showroom and came out after having small conversation with salesperson. That time I had no inkling that one day I would be driving my first car to home from the same dealer.

Finally few days later, we went for test drive of Dzire. Thumbs up for its looks, smooth drive, low engine noise in the cabin, decent mileage (being a Petrol car) and features like cruise control, projector LED headlamps etc. We were quiet satisfied with the product. Seeing the long waiting period of Dzire and our desire to get a new car on auspicious occasion of Diwali, we immediately booked it.

Now comes the game of destiny…

Few weeks after I booked Dzire, I was going through an article and I came across news that Tata was going to launch a new car in Sub-compact SUV section , The TATA NEXON Experience Level NEX. It was supposed to be rival for Ford EcoSport and Maruti Vitara Brezza. Nexon’s Look was killer and some of its class leading features like Multi-Drive modes was giving it a upper hand. Gradually I started browsing, watching videos to get every possible information of Nexon. Few weeks later videos on Nexon review were available on youtube. I went through those videos and perhaps I had not missed a single video on youtube on Tata Nexon. I was so much into getting information about Nexon, although it was not in the market, that my wife started getting a intuition that if I was watching anything on my phone, it must be related to Nexon. All those videos suggested that performance of Nexon Diesel variant was much better than that of petrol variant. Though my monthly drive was supposed to be less than 1500 KM and ideally I should have gone for a petrol car. But review of diesel variant overpowered my logical thinking and I came to conclusion that if it's Nexon it would be diesel.

During this period I came across Tiago, Tigor videos as well. To my surprise, jist of all these videos was: We can’t overlook TATA if we are planning to buy a car. Tata was on the spree of manufacturing amazing cars.

By this time I was literally obsessed with Nexon. Only hindrance between Nexon and me was its price which was going to be unwrapped on 21st September. In due course of time, many people suggested me that first car should be cheaper and so I started oscillating between Nexon and other TATA cars like Tiago, Tigor. Whichever side my mind would settle down, one thing was certain that I would go for Tata car only. Notice the change in my mindset…. So, I canceled the Dzire, which was about to be delivered in the same week.

Finally D-Day arrived and Tata unveiled much awaited Tata Nexon on 21st September. Price at what it was offered was beyond expectation. But as they say life will become monotonous if there is no drama. Top variant that I wished to buy was above my budget. Price of Top variant along with suggestions that I was getting from my near and dear ones, once again left me in dilemma. After long discussions and considerations, finally my inner desire wins over budget and I made up my mind to buy NEXON. I booked it on first week of November and got it on 23rd November. Today I am a proud owner of TATA NEXON XZ+ Diesel and in the first month itself I did complete 2 road trips of 1000KM and 1550 KM respectively . I am going to share detailed review of Nexon and my road trips in my next blog.

Till then Stay Tuned !!!!!!!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me be the first one to congratulate you on your possession. Nexon is one hell of a product from TML and is definitely a better buy than the brezza may you have a lot happy miles and memories with the car.

If I overlook my childhood fantasy of owning a car, then buying a car sprouted in my mind after I saw Baleno. I was quite fascinated by its look and somewhere I started dreaming of Baleno in my parking area. As time passed by, amidst some other fascinations(Royal Enfield) and some other necessities, planning to buy car died down. Suddenly in mid-2017, I was again occupied by thought to get a new car. Like majority of population, Maruti Suzuki was my first choice. By that time, due to few negative reviews of Baleno, idea of Baleno had left my mind stealthily and I did not even know when this happened . Till that time a new name was there in auto-blogs, Dzire 2017 , new version of very successful car Swift Dzire. Kudos to Maruti Suzuki for introducing a solid product in the market!!!

We went to Maruti showroom. After seeing features and performance of their cars, we sorted out Dzire and Brezza. But that time going for a diesel car was not in my mind. This along with Brezza’s price made me drop out Brezza from my wish list. Till this point Tata was nowhere in my mind because nobody relied Tata when it comes to car. However, on my wife’s insistence we went to Tata showroom to check out Tigor as that time I was thinking of taking sedan. Just for namesake we went to the showroom and came out after having small conversation with salesperson. That time I had no inkling that one day I would be driving my first car to home from the same dealer.

Finally few days later, we went for test drive of Dzire. Thumbs up for its looks, smooth drive, low engine noise in the cabin, decent mileage (being a Petrol car) and features like cruise control, projector LED headlamps etc. We were quiet satisfied with the product. Seeing the long waiting period of Dzire and our desire to get a new car on auspicious occasion of Diwali, we immediately booked it.

Now comes the game of destiny…J.

Few weeks after I booked Dzire, I was going through an article and I came across news that Tata was going to launch a new car in Sub-compact SUV section , The TATA NEXON Experience Level NEX. It was supposed to be rival for Ford EcoSport and Maruti Vitara Brezza. Nexon’s Look was killer and some of its class leading features like Multi-Drive modes was giving it a upper hand. Gradually I started browsing, watching videos to get every possible information of Nexon. Few weeks later videos on Nexon review were available on youtube. I went through those videos and perhaps I had not missed a single video on youtube on Tata Nexon. I was so much into getting information about Nexon, although it was not in the market, that my wife started getting a intuition that if I was watching anything on my phone, it must be related to Nexon. All those videos suggested that performance of Nexon Diesel variant was much better than that of petrol variant. Though my monthly drive was supposed to be less than 1500 KM and ideally I should have gone for a petrol car. But review of diesel variant overpowered my logical thinking and I came to conclusion that if it's Nexon it would be diesel.

During this period I came across Tiago, Tigor videos as well. To my surprise, jist of all these videos was: We can’t overlook TATA if we are planning to buy a car. Tata was on the spree of manufacturing amazing cars.

By this time I was literally obsessed with Nexon. Only hindrance between Nexon and me was its price which was going to be unwrapped on 21st September. In due course of time, many people suggested me that first car should be cheaper and so I started oscillating between Nexon and other TATA cars like Tiago, Tigor. Whichever side my mind would settle down, one thing was certain that I would go for Tata car only. Notice the change in my mindset…J . So, I canceled the Dzire, which was about to be delivered in the same week.

Finally D-Day arrived and Tata unveiled much awaited Tata Nexon on 21st September. Price at what it was offered was beyond expectation. But as they say life will become monotonous if there is no drama. Top variant that I wished to buy was above my budget. Price of Top variant along with suggestions that I was getting from my near and dear ones, once again left me in dilemma. After long discussions and considerations, finally my inner desire wins over budget and I made up my mind to buy NEXON. I booked it on first week of November and got it on 23rd November. Today I am a proud owner of TATA NEXON XZ+ Diesel
and in the first month itself I did complete 2 road trips of 1000KM and 1550 KM respectively . I am going to share detailed review of Nexon and my road trips in my next blog.

Till then Stay Tuned !!!!!!!
Congrats @Suraj on your candy red Nexon, I've noticed body side moulding and body color bumpers as standard across variants.

TML have upped the game with this one.

Regards
Vinod

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Congrats on your red NEXON,it is my favourite colour too.Welcome to the nexon club.What are the accessories you have planned/installed already??

Last edited:
Is accessories available with dealers for nexon. I have booked a Glasgow Grey petrol xz+ at mangalore. Wanted to get the chrome boot lip and side steps.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Is accessories available with dealers for nexon. I have booked a Glasgow Grey petrol xz+ at mangalore. Wanted to get the chrome boot lip and side steps.
Avoid the side steps as they are not complementing the car. A side step is basically used in high GC vehicles like Fortuner, Endeavour etc for egress and ingress. but in cars like Creta, Nexon, Brezza these look out of place. If you have a elderly person in your home then too the Nexon is good enough to help in egress and ingress for them without the side steps. In narrow roads and at tight turnings, the added width by side steps can be a issue as well because they may scratch the other vehicle or the divider.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12
Thanks very much Kunal. Indeed nexon is much better product than breeza and almost similar in comfort and features when compared to EcoSport..but yes when we see the price Nexon is the clear winner.. I just love it..

Thank you very much..I liked red one among all the available Colors..

Thanks very much

So far I have not purchased any accessories except seat cover , body cover and mats..and I purchased everything from local car decors..although it was available in concorde motors showroom as well but I found it bit costly when compared to car decors..

Yes.. actually I was also bit confused since nexon was beyond my budget..but later we decided to go for nexon bexaused I liked it too much

Thanks Mayank .. I liked red one among other Colors..so far I have not purchased any accessories other than body cover, seat cover and mat and all I took from local car decors

Thanks sir..

Last edited by a moderator:
So far I have not purchased any accessories except seat cover , body cover and mats..and I purchased everything from local car decors..although it was available in concorde motors showroom as well but I found it bit costly when compared to car decors..
Heartiest Congratulations Sir!!!!
Party is due ?
Picture with Bhabhiji is missing in blog.
Well written and Research based blog...

Wishing crore miles on your car together..

Best Regards,
AutoCritics

Hey
What a change of mindset videos and YouTube can do? The same experience happened to me a week ago when I decided to buy brezza. I saw a comparison video with nexon. And my mind has been blown since.
Congratulations on your purchase. Please share any issues that you may have faced if any. Happy Nexoning!

Top Bottom