Honda Grazia – The Grey Rocket!!

Thread Starter #1
Background: It’s almost a thought of some 5 years or more to buy a gear-less scooter, in fact during 2011-12, I had the same dilemma of a bike or gear-less scooter and finally it was a bike Honda Dream Yuga bought and using from past 5 years. Again a same thought erupted again for a gear-less scooter based on the changed life priorities.

Reasons:

1. Sick of using clutch all the time in thick city traffic
2. No chance to carry any kind of luggage whatsoever
3. Needed a unisex vehicle can be used by any one at home easily
4. Last but not least…to buy a first gearless scooter in life

Requirements:

1. Powerful engine and torque
2. Reliable brand
3. Good handle bar height
4. Good braking
5. Good suspension **most important**
6. Latest in market and added features

Contenders:

1. TVS Jupitor – Everything was fine but refinement was not that good, bumpy
ride, Rear design
2. Honda Activa – Everything was good except the front swing arm suspension
which makes ride too harsh
3. Vespa – Too expensive for what it offers and looks more girly(subjective, no
offense though)
4. Wego - Everything was very good, no refinement same like jupitor, felt bit
heavy
5. Activa 125 – Everything was very good and a final contender
6. Suzuki Access 125 – Everything was good also a final contender
7. SR 150 – Superb like a bike but bit expensive and read some bad reviews of it
8. Honda Grazia – Everything is excellent one of the final contender

So with the above list, the final contenders were Activa 125, Access 125, Grazia 125 and finally it was Grazia 125 which tick all the boxes and reason for not going with Access was suzuki’s poor service experience and read few reviews of engine getting heated up. So it was a Grazia gray color!!

Showroom experience:

A short story of honda showroom JSP Honda, Madinaguda, Hyderabad as when I enquired they were said only Blue, Red, White colors(1 each) available, RED got sold out and Blue is in display at some bank and only White available, as I was looking for a grey color which was not available. I made up my mind for white as I wanted the delivery immediately but the way they quoted it was just funny adding many things like 2 years insurance compulsory extended warranty for 3 years and compulsory accessories and made a quote of Rs.79000+ for a std wheel, non-disc brake version. I said I will just pay life tax and one year insurance and they refused for the same saying it’s their dealer ship policy.

I came out and raised a complaint on Honda website on the same and next day morning got a call from GM JSP Honda and asked about my difficulty and I explained everything and said I wanted a gray color, the gentleman was very good and quick and assured me of only life tax + one year insurance only and a gray colored scooter. Then visited the showroom paid total of Rs.70,600/- and took the delivery of the vehicle in 2 hrs. after getting the TR number on 16th Nov’2017

800 KM done so far and the experience including initial ride:

Initial ride was just wow…what a powerful scooter and excellent ride. After riding it for 800 KM now and 1st service done, following are my points

Pros:
- Excellent powered scooter
- Glides away in city traffic flawless and more quicker than many 100-125cc bikes
- Superb comfort with great suspension which just eats away all small potholes
- Good riding position no fatigue whatsoever
- Fully digital console with RPM, Fuel, speed indicators and a trip meter
- Economy mode indicators helps you to achieve good fuel efficiency
- Quicker 0-60kmph
- Good ground clearance
- New seat opening near the key without removing the key from key slot
- Braking is quite good though non-disc model
- Great lighting of LED in nights better than many bikes

Cons:
- No external fuel filling( most needed feature)
- Under seat storage space is bit smaller
- Bit of unstable at higher speeds due to soft suspension
- Foot rests of the pillion rider could have little better, they look very rough

Over all enjoying my ride and stopped riding my Dream Yuga from a month. Expecting to have a great experience with the scooter and will keep updating the thread periodically.

Apologies for bit late review and not so good pics…both due to hectic work schedules. Feel free to ask any query related to the scooter

Attachments

Many congratulations on your grazia buddy and wish it serves you for long term ownership.Did you opt for any accessories for your scooter?
I still feel it looks smaller in the likes of wego rather then active/jupiter/access size, hows the comfort with pillion ride do share.

Thread Starter #3
Many congratulations on your grazia buddy and wish it serves you for long term ownership.Did you opt for any accessories for your scooter?
I still feel it looks smaller in the likes of wego rather then active/jupiter/access size, hows the comfort with pillion ride do share.
Thank you Vijay.

Accessories : 1) side stand 2) ladies foot rest 3) hand grips 4) seat cover. Looking to add a front storage grill but will think about it as it spoils the space available for legs as well for any luggage.

I drove all those scooters Wego, activa, jupiter, access but finally felt Acess and Grazia were suitable for my height 5'10" especially the handle bar position.

Seating, ride , suspension everything very comfortable with 12" front wheels. At times I feel its more comfortable than my bike except bigger potholes or speed breakers. Overall satisfied with it.

Really good choice. Congrats. I loved the scooter , for it looks and features. Yet to ride it though. I would like to know the real time Headlight performance in night. Is it AC or DC ?

Excellent write up sir, a thread from you after a long time.
I had the great privilege yesterday of experiencing the grey rocket, many thanks for that sir. Smooth as butter and noiseless

Wish you many many safe miles.

Background: It’s almost a thought of some 5 years or more to buy a gear-less scooter
Hey RK....nice SUV type scooter there (big....imposing....). Complements your SUV type Ritz nicely. Looks like Honda has a perpetual customer in Hyderabad.
Excellent !! Zip..Zap..Zoom[:)]
Would have loved to see you zip zap zooming on an Aprilia SR 150 though. Funky RK on a Funky Italian belle....

Thread Starter #10
Really good choice. Congrats. I loved the scooter , for it looks and features. Yet to ride it though. I would like to know the real time Headlight performance in night. Is it AC or DC ?
This is how the light is...

not able to upload a small video clip i took

Attachments

Thread Starter #11
Its been a long time updated the thread guys !! here it goes..
It clocked 2500km now and 4 months of usage
Everything is just awesome the pick up, suspension, braking no complaints whatsoever
Happy for the decision to go with Grazia
Mileage if driven eco mode around 45KMPL, otherwise 40 max
Enjoying the scooter at the moment. will update soon with some good pictures

Its been a long time updated the thread guys !! here it goes..
It clocked 2500km now and 4 months of usage
Everything is just awesome the pick up, suspension, braking no complaints whatsoever
Happy for the decision to go with Grazia
Mileage if driven eco mode around 45KMPL, otherwise 40 max
Enjoying the scooter at the moment. will update soon with some good pictures
Congratulations on your new Honda Grazia. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.
Now a days scooters are gaining market in India. Almost in every house they have one :).

Gurrala sir,how’s your ownership experience with your Grazia?Just wanted to know as I’m also considering to buy a scooter for my daily college rides,which my daily commute is around 30 Kms per day on heavy traffic.Got tired of riding our 2012 Access due to bad brakes and suspension.Hence,I’m considering Grazia as my daily ride to college along with Activa 5G and Aprilia SR150.

Thread Starter #14
Gurrala sir,how’s your ownership experience with your Grazia?Just wanted to know as I’m also considering to buy a scooter for my daily college rides,which my daily commute is around 30 Kms per day on heavy traffic.Got tired of riding our 2012 Access due to bad brakes and suspension.Hence,I’m considering Grazia as my daily ride to college along with Activa 5G and Aprilia SR150.
Grazia is good for me, but for you Aprilia SR150 will suite you much I feel though I do not have much experience of Aprilia scooters. If you want Honda, if roads you commute are good then go with Dio looks sporty college scooter. Also check TVS N-tork it looks stylish

Thread Starter #15
Finally had to say bye bye to my Honda Grazia recently using for 6 years and clocking 20k on ODO. The decision to sell was bit hard for me but i had to and the reason my wife complains about its weight and handling, so had to sell it and buy a new one of her choice.

So whats next ?? >>> finally it is TVS Jupitor 2023 model Black

Attachments

Top Bottom