New Honda City ZX-CVT: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Got myself a new Honda city ZX CVT Automatic (Top end)
Already owned a Volkswagen Vento Petrol Automatic and although this car was a
2010 one - had no issues with this car. Considering the resale price of this car, dropped the idea of selling it off and instead use it as a second car.

Things to like about the new honda City ZX

1) 6 Airbags
2) Sun roof
3) Leather seats
4) Amazing rear room space
5)Auto sensing wipers
6)Auto LED headlamps

Cons:
1)No height adjustment seatbelts
2) 6 monthly service intervals - Its' a hassle if the dealer is located in a remote area.
3) Outdated Digipad - I know Honda introduced this digipad in 2017 - but it is already so outdated - Shame on Honda for dumping this unit in India - More on this below.

Since so many websites were praising the introduction of the digipad - I thought I will writeup a few details why this is a outdated system. Whenever some product is introduced only in the indian market - Beware!!

First up - there is no Apple Carplay/Android Auto support. This is ridiculous since
even 5-8 lakh car nowadays have this feature.
Maps are supported by IGo - little heard of company and they have no india website so you are dependent on dealers for map update. - We all know how technically challenged dealers can be!
To add salt to injury - Android version of this digipad is 2.3!! Shame on Honda.
Remember android 2.3? this version was around in 2010!!
So what is this version doing in a 2017 digipad?? Can Honda please let owners know??
How could you call this a facelift, when you have a 2010 digipad??
Very few apps support this version so City owners cannot even download new apps
since this is a outdated version. God knows when Honda would introduce this update
and if they do will old digipads will also be updated?

Common sense features are missing in the digipad - One example - There is no
dedicated button for navigation. So if you are on the ipod screen - you have to go through a number of steps to access the navigation screen. So Silly!!

I have recently installed Pioneer AVIC-F80BT, in my old vento car - and this system is light years ahead of the digipad. (Review of this unit coming up shortly).

One simple piece of advise to Honda: Please do not to get into manufacturing digipads. That is not your forte - they should concentrate on what they do best - making cars and instead sub contract such systems to Pioneer - this way customers get the best of both worlds.

Iam actively considering installing the same Pioneer system on the city since I am not sure when Honda will actually update the digipad.

Attached is a couple of pics of my new car...

Cheers.

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom