The Automotive India

The Automotive India (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/)
-   Ownership Reviews (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/)
-   -   The Pony Car - Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXi 2009 (Pre-Tamed Beast) (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/32249-pony-car-ford-fiesta-1-6-sxi-2009-pre-tamed-beast.html)

deville_56 21st September 2017 12:08 PM

Re: The Pony Car - Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXi 2009 (Pre-Tamed Beast)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rakeshkn (Post 548999)
Hi Devil,

Which paint you using for the black coats and which primer, list them in detail for others benefit, Well detailed report :) even my Aspire doesn't have these much features which is Titanium trim. A bit jealous about that too!



Nippon Pylox Laser series or Pylac automotive series paint. Nippon or Bosny primer and clear coat. All aerosol cans. For extra gloss, avoid clear coat and use rubbing compound or scratch out and polish. Normally Nippon gloss finish is too good that just needs polishing for protection. Each can costs 200 range. Plastic primer costs 350.

rakeshkn 21st September 2017 12:15 PM

Re: The Pony Car - Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXi 2009 (Pre-Tamed Beast)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by deville_56 (Post 549003)
Nippon Pylox Laser series or Pylac automotive series paint. Nippon or Bosny primer and clear coat. All aerosol cans. For extra gloss, avoid clear coat and use rubbing compound or scratch out and polish. Normally Nippon gloss finish is too good that just needs polishing for protection. Each can costs 200 range. Plastic primer costs 350.

Thanks for the reply, I painted a Pulsar completely using Aerosol can but paint getting peeled or removed everywhere. I didn't know the trick, that the reason I asked :)

deville_56 21st September 2017 12:40 PM

Re: The Pony Car - Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXi 2009 (Pre-Tamed Beast)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rakeshkn (Post 549011)
Thanks for the reply, I painted a Pulsar completely using Aerosol can but paint getting peeled or removed everywhere. I didn't know the trick, that the reason I asked :)

Mostly because of oxidation of old paint or rusty surface. Slight sanding will do, 1500-2000 water paper. Then primer. Primer saves a lot of paint and reduces peeling.

rakeshkn 21st September 2017 01:04 PM

Re: The Pony Car - Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXi 2009 (Pre-Tamed Beast)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by deville_56 (Post 549023)
Mostly because of oxidation of old paint or rusty surface. Slight sanding will do, 1500-2000 water paper. Then primer. Primer saves a lot of paint and reduces peeling.

I will try sanding and repaint the same bike again, one more question regarding the same, where do I get these paints. Wherever I check all are local made.

deville_56 21st September 2017 05:36 PM

Re: The Pony Car - Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXi 2009 (Pre-Tamed Beast)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rakeshkn (Post 549029)
I will try sanding and repaint the same bike again, one more question regarding the same, where do I get these paints. Wherever I check all are local made.

Try big multibrand paint shops. Here they are available at Santha Paint House and Rajam Paints.

deville_56 22nd September 2017 07:31 AM

Re: The Pony Car - Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXi 2009 (Pre-Tamed Beast)
 
8 Attachment(s)
Midnight fix

Attachment 232642

Attachment 232637

Cracked windscreen washer reservoir.

Attachment 232635

Attachment 232636

Temporary fix with glue gun. Kind of muschroom patch like fix, flooded inside first, then covered outside. Only way out when you find all the Mseal you had had expired [lol], 4 packs in total [frustration] (Never stock them, but when needed). Will order new tank today.

Attachment 232638

Attachment 232639

Attachment 232640

Fully accessible removing the wheel well liner.

Attachment 232641


New finds:

- Low fuel warning pops up at 80 L to empty (Courtesy @Vichu)

- There is indeed a second horn, which sits under LHS headlight behind bumper.

bhvm 22nd September 2017 08:48 AM

Re: The Pony Car - Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXi 2009 (Pre-Tamed Beast)
 
Wow! one of the best reviews for pony Car! everything covered in utmost detail.

BTW what's this issue with abs warning if use is less? my i10 gets this intermittently if it's not used much. any permanent fix?

deville_56 22nd September 2017 12:59 PM

Re: The Pony Car - Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXi 2009 (Pre-Tamed Beast)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhvm (Post 549129)
Wow! one of the best reviews for pony Car! everything covered in utmost detail.

BTW what's this issue with abs warning if use is less? my i10 gets this intermittently if it's not used much. any permanent fix?


Ours is a disused car, sitting idle for 10 months a year. Moisture and dust damages it.

For normal usage i10, can be fault sensor or loose contact. In i20s, usually they are faulty sensors.

bhvm 22nd September 2017 03:32 PM

Re: The Pony Car - Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXi 2009 (Pre-Tamed Beast)
 
Which sensor? One in Front Disc rotors?

deville_56 23rd September 2017 07:39 AM

Re: The Pony Car - Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXi 2009 (Pre-Tamed Beast)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhvm (Post 549166)
Which sensor? One in Front Disc rotors?

Yeah wheel sensors. Check all 4 and clean/replace if necessary.

VISHNUCARCRAZY 23rd September 2017 01:03 PM

Re: The Pony Car - Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXi 2009 (Pre-Tamed Beast)
 
Sir ,what's the number plate light bulb brand,and how much does it costed you?
Also ,how's the performance of Bosch clear advantage?
Isn't it frameless type ?

deville_56 23rd September 2017 02:38 PM

Re: The Pony Car - Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXi 2009 (Pre-Tamed Beast)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VISHNUCARCRAZY (Post 549251)
Sir ,what's the number plate light bulb brand,and how much does it costed you?
Also ,how's the performance of Bosch clear advantage?
Isn't it frameless type ?

Lights are home made, DIY. 5730 0.5W SMD x3 per side.

Wipers are good, lasts longer than Chinese ones, but nothing extraordinary. Yes, they are frameless.

deville_56 24th September 2017 08:51 AM

Re: The Pony Car - Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXi 2009 (Pre-Tamed Beast)
 
Rear ABS sensor also changed. Adds up another ₹ 10.5k on total expense, totalling ₹ 22k so far.

ABS Sensor Assembly - Rear (2S6Z2C204B) - ₹ 9,316.61 (Comes only as pair)
Rear ABS Sensor Replacement - ₹ 900.00 (+18% GST - 25% Discount)
IPC Reprogram - ₹ 490.00 (+18% GST - 25% Discount)

deville_56 29th October 2017 07:53 AM

Re: The Pony Car - Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXi 2009 (Pre-Tamed Beast)
 
3 Attachment(s)
Had the first long one. Though highway run, only 30 km was pure 4-6 laned highway, rest was patchy 2 lanes and sometimes smooth 2 lanes. So can't say highway mileage, got around 11-12 kmpl. Easily hit 140 without any strain felt. Didn't push further. Overtaking was bliss, 4th gear is fantastic.

Attachment 234174
Attachment 234175
Attachment 234176

Air Filter was not changed at last service, which we expected to and not sure when the previous owner changed it. Had a recall scheduled, got filter changed with that.

Parts:

Air Filter - 2S619601C1A - ₹ 202.61
Shifter Cable Bush - 9S6R7K382AA - ₹ 515.32
Power Steering Hose - 6N2Z3A719B - Recall
Power Steering Pressure Line Connector Assembly - 6742740 - Recall
Power Steering Fluid - 1 L - 8000047 - Recall

Air Filter Replacement - ₹ 150.00
Gear Shifter Bush Replacement - ₹ 150.00
Power Steering Hose Replacemet - Recall

Total Bill - ₹ 1,072.00

deville_56 10th November 2017 11:22 PM

Re: The Pony Car - Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXi 2009 (Pre-Tamed Beast)
 
19 Attachment(s)
New car cover. Claimed to be all weather.

Attachment 234937
Attachment 234938

More LEDs.

Attachment 234936
Attachment 234939
Attachment 234942

Even more. For dome light. Accidentally ordered an extra piece from Amazon for the i20.

Attachment 234940


Dome light was T10 instead of festoon.

Attachment 234941


Removed assembly.

Attachment 234944


And installed.

Attachment 234945

Extra 1k resistor for complete shut off of LED.

Attachment 234947


Assembly is made by Hella.

Attachment 234946


Got a blue/violet hue, hate it. Replacement soon.

Attachment 234943


And finally, a set for boot light.

Attachment 234948
Attachment 234949


First puncture.

Attachment 234950


Stock vs upsize.

Attachment 234951
Attachment 234952


Deleted side beading.

Attachment 234953

And polished. Flat clean look.

Attachment 234954

Was tedious process, removing the glue residue.


Something's cooking. Stay tuned [evil]


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
©2008 - 2018, The Automotive India. All Rights Reserved.