The Automotive India

The Automotive India (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/)
-   Ownership Reviews (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/)
-   -   TAIger's Tata Tigor Petrol XZO: Ownership Review (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/32026-taigers-tata-tigor-petrol-xzo-ownership-review.html)

Akash1886 21st August 2017 08:02 PM

TAIger's Tata Tigor Petrol XZO: Ownership Review

2 Attachment(s)

In a man's life there are a couple of nights which leave a lasting impact on his life. Some of them are life changing ones and life changes forever. To list those important nights, please allow me to state:

1) Night before the College Result.

2) Night before proposing your crush.

3) Night before annual increment.

4) Night before Marriage.

5) Night before man becomes a father.

6) Night before taking the delivery of a new Car.

As expected, I should have begun this first post by saying that Tata Motors launched the Tigor in March 2017 @ Rs. 4.7 Lacs but that would have been too stereotypical. So now back to what I was saying, When a man accommodates a new partner or a new car for the first few days he is too concerned to explore of how it is and what are the strengths and weaknesses. In my case, after me and my girl went our ways, there was a void and to get into another relationship so soon wouldn't and isn't an easy task afterall pehla pyaar tha yaar! So when we parted, one fine day I was going to the airport in my beloved and trusted Esteem and on DND Flyway, with Channa Mereya song playing in the background, I started to recollect the memories I had with my girl and how I used to travel all the way to Airport and my Esteem use to pick and drop me all these years. I was thinking, now if my girl isn't there, then, I guess I should part ways with everything in which I can feel her presence or be reminded of my memories with her. That was the 1st time when I thought of letting go of my Maruti Esteem. This thought came to my mind 2 years back but dad wasn't convinced on the same. Life kept on rolling at it's pace and I took each day as it came. Launches happened, Expo happened and 2016 went away. A New Year (2017) started and I made it a point to be strong enough to move on and concentrate on my passion i.e Cars. If I am destined to have her back in my life, i'll have her else will leave it on god, that was my thinking. So in between all these launches, came the opportunity to cover the WR-V launch and as I reached there, my phone rang, dad was on the line, "Esteem ko kharidne aya hai koi" (Someone has come to buy the Esteem). I was silent, couldn't believe that its all happening suddenly. I told dad to tell the buyer that he can visit in afternoon once I get back home. On 16th of March 2017, Me & My Esteem saw each other for the one last time. It was difficult for me to sleep that night as me and my Esteem had a lot of memories too. My college life, my work life, my dating life, my happiness and my tears, that car saw it all and all of a sudden all this was about to vanish from my life! After the Esteem went away, I took a break and went on small vacation to my relative's place just to get over the past and while coming back, For the 1st time I got to see the Tata Tigor in flesh. Among its many attributes, first I checked if Tata had provided an under-engine cover to Tigor or not! It was not there. I thought, this is a cost cutting but I was OK with it as many of the brands have now stopped providing it so why to just make an issue out of it. Overall, in the 1st look, the car looked smart and the Copper color looked fine. At the time when I checked out the car for 1st time, the guys there had told some "unique"[lol] features of it like Gloss Black Gear Knob which doesn't heat in sunlight, one touch driver's window down feature. Now, both these features aren't really unique but one thing I liked i.e the gear knob indeed remains cool in sunlight whereas this thing I do miss alot in my CITY IVtec. It is difficult to shift gears with a H-O-T boiling gear knob whenever I take the car out in afternoons.

Akash1886 21st August 2017 08:32 PM

Re: TAIger's Tata Tigor Petrol XZO Review

1 Attachment(s)
Every Sunset gives way for a new Sunrise: How it all started!

Attachment 230411

I was back after the short vacation at my relative's place and upon reaching home, the next day in afternoon got the invite to be a part of the Tata Tigor launch. Now, having attended number of official launches with TAI, even this one was an important and I was geared up as usual to give you all the best possible coverage. However, another thing that made it way more important for me and for us at TAI was that we had to handover the TAI COTY to TATA. It was an honor bestowed on me by TAI to be a part of the TAI COTY handover ceremony. Over there I saw the Tigor once again and after 2nd time I was convinced that "Ya this can be my upgrade from Esteem". Since my Maruti Esteem was also a Top-spec model (VXI) so I wanted to upgrade to Tigor top end in petrol i.e XZ(O). Soon after the launch, I called the petrol top-end Tigor for Test Drive at my home in 1st week of April 2017. All was fine till the time of taking the quote from the dealer SA but what I wasn't aware of was the forthcoming battle of Mindset Vs Logic, a battle of ideas of a 60+ Father Vs 30 Year Old Son, A battle of choosing the better Veteran among the two! Above all, it was a moment which demanded of me to take a stand on what I felt was right as an enthusiast.

Scroll down to read what went on!

Akash1886 21st August 2017 09:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The Car Booking Battle: Father Vs Son.

As soon as I wrote about my initial drive experience I was in for a pleasant surprise that most of my buddies appreciated my views and my plan to upgrade to Tigor XZO from the Maruti Esteem. Many of you including our young at heart members Shashank Sir & Vinod Sir supported me. I was expecting a similar support from my family on this car upgrade / purchase but as luck may have it, I was left all alone in the process and most importantly my dad wasn't happy at all of my choice of car. He did not believe that I was actually telling him to buy a TATA car over the "trusted for decades" Maruti Suzuki. His exact words which I also wrote in a word file on my laptop were "Are you serious, who does it? Buying a Tata Car by selling off a Maruti?" Now, his point of view was based on the general perception that most of the buyers have about TATA cars so can't entirely blame him. But, I knew what I was doing! I was convinced that my decision to go for Tata Tigor Petrol is absolutely right.

On this date, 1st time I booked the top end Petrol Tigor XZO from Sagar Motors, Noida. After a night full of stress, sarcasm, age-gap related lecture and other arguments finally I booked the car. All was going well until the news from dealer came about the non-updated records from our bank. Due to non-updating / delay in update the dealer financing hit a road block. It was a conscious decision to opt for dealer financing instead of bank since I wanted everything to happen at one place only and I should not keep running around all the time but the unexpected delay caused a me a lot of stress. I was trusting our bank to get the records updated at the end of financial year 2016-17 but later on from dealer I got to know, it would happen quarterly. So, I had no choice but to get the mess sorted and re-book the car. In the meanwhile, my uncle who was pushing us for a CIAZ told my dad to have look on it and then decide. So, we did have a look at the CIAZ and I rejected it upfront since I own a Honda CITY Ivtec, one of the gems of an engine. My dad still did not approve of my logic and reason. The day we booked the Tigor 1st time, prior to that too we went to see the CIAZ on my uncle's insistence and it was almost final but I wished to find out a way to stop him from buying it. He told my uncle about the booking but delivery was to be done once the bank work was complete with all records updated. So, while my dad was planning out, I showed him a Scoop that I did about the CIAZ shifting to NEXA. I told him, "I will not stop you from buying CIAZ, go ahead, but a facelift is going to happen in couple of months, and your car will be outdated." He saw those pics and the seed of change was planted in his mind by me!

Akash1886 21st August 2017 11:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Cancellation Of 1st Booking, Re-Booking in August 2017 & Delivery Experience.

So, as the months passed by, I had to cancel my 1st booking and concentrate to get the records updated to ensure the further financing from Dealer's end. In the meanwhile, I realized many of you who were eagerly expecting my car's delivery might be thinking if at all I was serious enough regarding my car purchase or not. A guy who spoke so much about his car purchase ended up cancelling the booking. This actually does lead to many questions and eyebrows do raise. I completely expected it and accept it too. During this time i.e April to August, Whenever anyone of you asked me about my car purchase, I told only the truth. I was really prompt in intimating about the delay in my car purchase too and I knew many of you would feel bad. But, I was absolutely sure about the car purchase and double sure about the car I wanted to purchase. Finally, when all the records were updated and I was on the verge of booking it again, mom's eye operation came in which meant atleast a month's post operation care was required by her so again the purchase took a back seat. Finally, when my mom's recovery was good enough, I decided to go to Mumbai for the weekend and relax as my sister is there too. It was heavily raining the day I left Delhi and on the way to the Airport, I got an SMS from Dealer stating the post-GST benefits of buying a Tigor. As me and my dad were sitting and I was reading the message, he casually asked what it was. I told him its about Tata Tigor. Went on to tell him that the prices have gone down post GST and he can expect a minimum price fall of 10-12 thousand on top end model in Ex-Showroom. His reply came as a shocker, "I guess the price would make sense and the car is compact too". I did not pay much attention then but as I landed in evening at Mumbai and switched on my phone, [clap]Ding Dong For the first time in his life, my dad sent me a Whatsapp message and in that it was the Quote of Tata Tigor Petrol XZO from the same dealer. I couldn't believe what I saw. It took some time and a Diet Coke to make me believe.

So after spending the weekend, when I came back to Delhi, I asked my dad how he went ahead and what all discussions he had with the dealer in my absence. He showed me the quote and I began to go through it. I went to the dealer the next day with dad and mom and signed some documents that were needed for financing by dealer. All set and done, next step the approval and EMI amount from Tata Motor Finance. During the 2nd booking, there were a lot of holidays in between so the GM of the dealership made a request for the XZO Petrol Silver Tigor in advance to cut the waiting period and once we got approval then we negotiated the deal in which I managed to get the insurance quote matched to external quote. My ponytail and handlebar mustache played an equally important role in it. So once the deal was finalized, I paid the booking amount by credit card and took receipt, the SA said to pay it by cheque, I told him, I want no delays now, take this booking payment and bring my car asap! The SA was like[shock]. I asked him, "Have you seen a customer so hell bent in getting the car from you again after couple of months with same model & color?" He told its a very rare case and added that it would take 4-5 days. After paying the booking amount another long weekend was there. So, I thought to work out the accessories options for Tigor. I really got some helpful suggestions and in between this, Toilet Ek Prem Katha got released! I really loved that movie and specially Akshay Kumar and Bhumi's acting. Then after watching that, it was 2-3 days left before my car was to land. So, on 13th my dad called the dealer and my SA after checking the list of arrived cars confirmed that my allotted car has arrived. On listening to that I was relieved that finally everything is falling into place. As I was relaxed, watched the India Vs Sri lanka Test Match and felt far more proud of India's clean sweep in Test Series. On Monday, I did the PDI of the Tigor and then paid the balance amount by Cheque and ordered for anti-rust coating by paying additional amount and supervising the same too. However, a slight issue cropped up when even after agreement, the dealer did not have the gear lock to fix in my car. My dad was annoyed and told them point blank that the delivery will be taken only once the Gear Lock is fixed or else the cheque payment will be stopped. After lot of "Senior Level Request by SA and arrangements", it was confirmed that the gear lock will be fixed on delivery day. Then on Tuesday, 15th August, I was feeling bored because I don't like sitting at home and doing nothing. No Cricket, No Diet Coke, No Dealership Open, So in the end had a afternoon nap after lunch.

Then finally came the Delivery Day! 16 August 2017

Attachment 230434

Now, firstly let me point out some similarities in between my Esteem and Tigor. I sold Esteem on 16th March 2017 and bought Tigor on the 16th of August 2017. Both of them are Silver and if all goes as planned, their registration number (last 4 digits) might be same too. So, on delivery day, me and dad called a cab as taking Honda there is a pain due to low parking space and dense traffic and reached around 11:30 am. Upon seeing my car I first checked if gear lock was fixed or not. It was finally! Then sent the cab back to pick up my driver and mom as ladies often take time to get ready. Until the delivery happened, I was engrossed in making sure that all the corner and edges were properly cleaned and no shortcuts to be there. I opted for the armrest from dealer end and felt as if I overpaid. That openable armrest costed me 5300/- and plus I paid extra 2000 for body cover and bought it home before the delivery day. The essential kit that was offered, I opted for mud flaps and gear lock only and no perfume, steering cover etc. When I saw that I was overcharged in price for armrest, I immediately tied my ponytail and negotiated to get the floor mats for free! I succeeded!

A word about the dealership experience, I bought the car from Sagar Motors, Noida and overall the experience was good but I wasn't happy with the guys who cleaned my car as there were slight stains on the roof carpet. Transparency in dealing was 100% and no percentage of commission or hidden charges were taken. Sagar Motors happens to be a 3S Facility of Tata Motors i.e Sales , Spares and Service. I am satisfied with the approach of the GM of Dealership through out the purchase exercise.

Now, as the car was ready and mom had arrived too so without any further delay, the dealer executive explained the documents to my dad and then we had a small ceremony at dealership and I came back by cab and gave my mom dad the pleasure and honor of traveling back home in their new car, THE ALL NEW TATA TIGOR!

Akash1886 22nd August 2017 09:24 AM

3 Attachment(s)
On way Home Post Delivery & Initial Car Experience

Attachment 230436

Attachment 230437

After the ceremony, the dealer gave 5 Ltr of fuel which was filled in front of me and the car was taken out but before arriving home, my driver and paa took it to petrol pump to get it filled and possibly there the fuel attendant banged the fuel flap because of which I could not open and click it for the photo-shoot. After arriving, I took it for the customary blessings of god in the evening and drove it back home myself with mom.

After that, till now I have driven the car for 75 kms (100 Kms odo based on 25 kms from Dealership at PDI) till now and of these 75 kms, roughly 30-35 kms was done on the ECO mode. I actually wanted to experience the real driving characteristics of the 1.2 Revotron in Eco mode. Rest 40 kms have been done on the default mode i.e CITY mode. I have actually not driven it much because I am awaiting it's registration number and then go for PUC. Once all documents will be there I'll drive it then.

Since this car is my alternate vehicle and mainly going to be driven inside the city only so in the long run, I don't think it would be having a very high ODO reading. My CITY Ivtec in approx 6 years has done 68K Kms so I shall be using both of them alternatively as per the need. Performance experience will be written about in a separate post but I do have some issues with regards to the overall interior's finishing. Externally, it does look a lot more contemporary to it's competitors. Apart from that, this car comes with a couple of 1st(s) for me i.e It's my 1st Tata Car, It's my first Compact Car, 1st 3 Cylinder Car. Having owned cars like Esteem, Chevrolet Optra, SX4 and Honda CITY, owning a brand new TATA and exploring it in due course will be a nice and interesting experience I am sure.

Akash1886 22nd August 2017 11:47 PM

6 Attachment(s)
The Tata Tigor Design: Interesting Impact!

The Impact of the Design on me was quite huge. Here is the official design.

Attachment 230561

Now, Frankly I have never owned a compact sedan in my life. So, at the time of buying a new car, I wanted to go in for compact sedan and feel it. Moreover, in today's traffic and parking shortage, I thought it would be wise to own a compact car which can be easily driven in Traffic and Parking is not an issue either. I have had many stressful moments in traffic with my big sedans so this Tigor qualified in that respect very well. At the launch in Delhi, I carefully observed the dimensions and design of it and frankly, the Impact design language had a deep impact on me right there. Comparing this design to the other old Tata Designs, it was a very big leap I must admit and the execution of the design in Tigor has been very neat and classy.

The Front Profile

Attachment 230562

From front the design is quite similar to the Tiago but the difference is made by the smoked projector headlamps. In Silver color along with the smoked headlamps, the design becomes quite impressive with clean lines and well balanced curves.

The Honeycomb grill and airdam

Attachment 230564

The honeycomb design with Gloss Black finish and a thin elegant chrome stripe make the front grill look very neat & smart and often referred as the smiling grill. There are no unwanted edges and curves in it and just simply runs below the hood lip giving the overall front profile a dignified character. The same honeycomb design is further extended to the air-dam sections in front. The Tigor gets a single slate air-dam which thankfully doesn't have any blingy chrome stripe added to it. The air-dam design well complements the car's design language. Another very pleasing front design aspect of Tigor is that the front grill and the hood curve seamlessly join the headlamps thereby giving it a sort of wrap around look and making the front profile look very beautiful.

Attachment 230565

Side Profile of the Tata Tigor

Attachment 230566

When a compact sedan is designed with the base design being taken from a hatchback, it is really important to get the job done right. Compact Sedans often are criticized for their looks and many of them do have a rather familiar looking side profile just like their hatchback model. For example, look at the AMEO. Now, having seen the options of Compact sedans on offer in our market, I would say this side profile does stand out from the rest and the next closest one would be the Ford Aspire followed by Maruti Dzire. It is nowhere similar to the hatchback and a completely new design. It does seem to me that Tata Designers have done a great job in the designing and have superbly executed the same in the final product. The elevated quarter glass and the sleek chrome garnish running all the way to the front door gives the Tigor a sleek profile and specially in Silver color the chrome does not look out of place either. The extended rear quarter panel gives it a longish look but I would say, it looks more of a coupe like design with that slanting roof line in the rear. Overall, I am very impressed with the clean and simple but graceful looking side profile.

The Rear Profile

Attachment 230567

In a compact sedan, as much as the side profile needs to be well designed same way the rear profile has be equally well designed. The rear profile is the distinguishing factor between a compact sedan and a hatchback. So far, in our market, we have got some good designs in regards to the rear profile of compact sedans like Ford Aspire. When I first saw the rear profile of Tigor, I was pleasantly surprised to see such a beautiful execution. The rear profile of Tigor gets the new TATA emblem along with new LED tail lights extending upto the boot and the boot gets a big fat chrome mustache which extends upto the tail light extensions on each side. Some of you might even mistake the chrome extensions as the reverse lights too. The boot gets a integrated spoiler like design which accentuates the beauty of the car. Complementing the design further, the Tigor gets a two-tone rear bumper with the horizontal Black color rubber protector provided to it in the lower half which often is the point of contact for 2 wheeler wheels, other car bumpers in traffic. This is a good move by Tata I must add since not only does it protect the bumper from unwanted scratches rather it also gives a sporty diffuser like look to the rear. If I have to sum up the external design of Tigor, I would say, its undoubtedly, one of the best looking compact sedan in the market at present with top notch finesse in execution.

Akash1886 23rd August 2017 10:22 AM

10 Attachment(s)
Important External Aspects Of Tata Tigor

Swept back front headlamps with Chrome inserts.

Attachment 230577

Attachment 230578

The smiling front grill with Honeycomb design and new Tata logo in center

Attachment 230579

Mud Flaps added as an accessory

Attachment 230580

The protrusion provided in the rear wheel-arc acts as a splash guard.

Attachment 230581

Front & Rear Shock Absorber(s)

Attachment 230582

Attachment 230583

Under-body of Tata Tigor

Attachment 230584

Good amount of wheel arc cladding provided in front and partially at the rear.

Attachment 230585

Attachment 230586

Akash1886 23rd August 2017 11:01 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Simple and Elegant sloping roofline with rubber stripes provided on both sides

Attachment 230645

Attachment 230646

Precise Panel Gaps

Attachment 230647

Attachment 230648

No Smart Key sensors provided on door handles in Top Variant.

Attachment 230649

Attachment 230650

Integrated boot spoiler

Attachment 230651

Boot provided with a thick chrome garnish extending till the tail light extensions

Attachment 230652

Attachment 230653

Chrome Stripe running from rear till the front window looks quite elegant

Attachment 230654

Akash1886 24th August 2017 12:11 AM

8 Attachment(s)
Front and Rear Door(s) Opening Width

Attachment 230659

Attachment 230660

Ample Ground Clearance. I am relieved that it wont scrape like my CITY IVtec. With 15 inch rims, the Tigor gets a GC of 170mm but with 13 inch rims, GC reduces to 165mm.

Attachment 230661

Aero Fins provided below front bumper

Attachment 230662

Roof Mounted Spoiler in Gloss Black finish comes equipped with a brake light. That brake light is one of the hottest looking one in the segment. The roof mounted antenna too is placed quite close to the spoiler

Attachment 230663

The Rear Defogger equipped windshield in top variant

Attachment 230664

Tigor's Design boasts of some really sharp character lines which enhances it's overall looks. Right from the front fender till the rear fender the lines very neatly are integrated in doors and windows. In comparison to the Tiago, these sharp lines provide a slight distinction to Tigor in terms of overall design and make it look sporty as well at the same time.

Attachment 230665

The dual tone rear bumper comes with a Black rubber protector in the lower half and also houses rear reflectors, single reverse lamp and a "fog lamp" without bulb in it. The Black Protector also houses the reverse parking sensors.

Attachment 230666

Akash1886 24th August 2017 11:27 AM

8 Attachment(s)
Internal and External Lights of Tigor

Swept back front smoked headlamp with Projector and normal parking bulb setup.

Attachment 230672

Front Fog Lamp with Chrome Surround

Attachment 230673

Body Colored ORVM(s) in top variant have integrated side markers.

Attachment 230674

Tail light Cluster. The indicator glass in the tail light has a fine honeycomb pattern etched in it and looks beautiful when illuminated.

Attachment 230675

Rear Reflectors, Reverse Lamp and Fog Lamp but without a bulb.

Attachment 230676

Attachment 230677

Under the rear chrome mustache on the boot, the number plate lamps and rear camera are placed.

Attachment 230678

Boot Lamp

Attachment 230679

Akash1886 24th August 2017 12:09 PM

13 Attachment(s)
Illuminated Internal & External Lights of Tigor

Front Headlamp with projector illuminated during day time & evening time

Attachment 230681

Attachment 230682

Fog Lamp with illumination and its operating button comes with a green indicator

Attachment 230683

Attachment 230684

Illuminated ORVM Indicator and Headlamp integrated indicator

Attachment 230685

Attachment 230686

In-Cabin roof lamp with White illumination.

Attachment 230687

Reverse light illuminated

Attachment 230688

Tail lights and brake light illumination & Number plate lights with White Illumination

Attachment 230690

Attachment 230691

Attachment 230692

Attachment 230693

Attachment 230694

Videos of Operating Follow Me Home Lamps Feature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLSzscp7S9E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frjt-6yJlts

Akash1886 24th August 2017 06:32 PM

4 Attachment(s)

The wipers in Tigor are quite good in terms of performance. Since it has been raining here for the past few days, I did get ample time to observe their swipe area as well as the speed of wiping the windscreen. The swipe area is very good and you may adjust the wiper's speed depending your requirement/intensity of rain. Aesthetically, in Tigor, the Wipers do not obstruct the view of driver and are slightly lower in position. Moving further, there are dual washers provided for front windscreen and both of them are visible on the wiper console itself. Would have loved to see them tucked in nicely under the wiper console. Another point here is that, the quality of plastic and the honey-comb like design provided to the console are very good and the quality feels quite durable too. Coming to the wiper blade quality, I felt in comparison to others, the wiper blades seem to be of good quality too and may last reasonably longer than others. Talking of the plastic used on the wiper lever inside the cabin, I must say, it does not look flimsy at all instead Tata has provided good quality plastic to it and this actually shows the amount of concern and effort they have put in to make the best possible equipment at the price point.

Akash1886 24th August 2017 06:52 PM

4 Attachment(s)
The Boot Space in Tata Tigor

The capacity of Boot in Tata Tigor is 419 Ltr. The boot has been well carpeted and rivets are placed at needful locations in it.

Attachment 230701

The Boot can be operated in 3 ways, i.e by inserting the key, by the electric button provided in the switch console below the ICE unit or by the Remote. I have operated it by the electric button in the switch console. It works only if the car's ignition is switched ON. Secondly, to open it by the remote, you'll have to press the Follow me Home Lamp button on the remote for 2-3 seconds and once the tiny blinker blinks and the lock inside makes a "click" sound you may lift the boot lid. When the boot is unlocked, the indicators shall also blink. A video to show the same is attached here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4T2Ky0mn-E

Akash1886 24th August 2017 07:50 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Important Aspects of the Boot Space in Tata Tigor.

The Warning Triangle has been neatly placed inside a pocket on the rear seat's backrest.

Attachment 230705

Normal Steel Rim Spare Wheel placed in the wheel well inside the boot and covered with a flap. The size of the spare wheel is 175/60/R15.

Attachment 230706

Attachment 230707

Rubber Molding provided on the edges of the boot. A very thoughtful move I must say. Small things do matter a lot.

Attachment 230708

Loading lip provided with a proper plastic cladding. However I felt, the loading lip is slightly high to my liking.

Attachment 230709

Wiring properly covered by small flaps in the boot

Attachment 230710

Hydraulic Boot Struts provided in the Tigor. The operation becomes quite smooth and easy with them. I also must add, the built quality of boot is quite heavy in comparison to the segment offerings.

Attachment 230711

The metal joints in the body frame are finished fine yet the workmanship could have still been better.

Attachment 230712

Tail light console plastic inside the boot is neatly fixed and comes with a Tata logo on it.

Attachment 230713

Akash1886 24th August 2017 09:26 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Tata Tigor's In-Car Entertainment Unit.

Tigor's top end model is equipped with a Harman Infotainment Touchscreen unit with SD Card slot, USB and Aux but do note, there is no remote control provided with it. The touchscreen to me felt a bit slow. In the top end model the car gets 4 speakers and 4 tweeters setup. The sound quality of the unit is superb. With the Tigor's cabin size, I would say, the output of the unit is exceptionally great. The speaker sound quality is excellent. However, when it comes to Radio Reception, I am not happy at all. The signal often go off and the system becomes dead and it happens in my locality but while driving on the roads, there is no issue at all. In the car, the front tweeters are placed on the A-Pillar and the rear tweeters are placed on the door pads. The ICE unit turns into reverse camera screen upon engaging the reverse gear and the quality of display is good with guidelines. One things here I wanted to point out which I told even earlier is that, the quality of display in sunlight is not very good. The volume of ICE can also be controlled through the steering mounted controls in top spec variant. Also, there is a option of voice command as well for the media and phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3QtsJSwhJw

Akash1886 24th August 2017 10:44 PM

8 Attachment(s)

Akash1886 24th August 2017 11:34 PM

Re: TAIger's Tata Tigor Petrol XZO: Ownership Review

10 Attachment(s)
Some useful provision in Tata Tigor XZO

Roof mounted Bluetooth Mic

Attachment 230733

A small but useful toll slip holder on right corner of front windshield

Attachment 230734

Bag hook on front passenger foot-well to hold a small bag weighing 1-2 kgs.

Attachment 230735

A storage space below the USB & AUX slot to hold a smart phone

Attachment 230736

Premium knitted roof liner is provided in Tigor XZO but the finishing is not as good and it also catches stains easily.

Attachment 230737

Insulation provided between the door and the door frame

Attachment 230738

Child Safety lock in the rear door

Attachment 230739

The Window Lock Switch equipped with the blinker

Attachment 230740

Open-able Dealer Fixed Front Armrest is overpriced and not as useful. Quality is just OK.

Attachment 230741

The Boot lid gets proper carpeting from inside. A feature which is difficult to find in this segment. My 2011 Ivtec CITY doesn't come with this.

Attachment 230742

Akash1886 25th August 2017 11:10 AM

4 Attachment(s)

Those of you who are owning a Tiago would easily relate to Tigor's In-Cabin layout but for me its my 1st Tata Car so in my view, the dual tone interiors do look good in design and layout. Since I have a Silver color car so I did wish that there should have been an option of Beige interiors for the Top Variant since the Gray/Black color combo in Silver color looks a bit odd and dark. As my other car is a Honda CITY with Beige and for all these years I have been using it so I am used to seeing a Beige / Black color theme which does make the cabin look spacious and bright. As I said, the designing is excellent and with it Tata has taken huge leaps ahead in regards to their car's interiors. The 5 inch Touchscreen console in XZO Variant comes in Gloss Black finish with looks very elegant. Coming to the seats layout, I found them to be comfortable in terms of width & cushioning. The seats in my car have come with Black printed fabric from the OEM so that in itself looks really neat and that is the reason I avoided putting seat covers so early. The knitted roof liner provided to the XZO version does give a sense of premium feel to the cabin but the again the color of the fabric is such that it shall catch stains way too easily. The cabin design overall appears good to me and in comparison to Tiago, features like the rear armrest & touchscreen make a good deal of difference.

Akash1886 25th August 2017 01:13 PM

12 Attachment(s)

The seats of Tigor are well cushioned and give good back-support. However do note, it's just a 4 seater only. I am 6'1in and my dad also is 6'2in and both of us had 2 main criteria i.e rear leg space and headroom. As I sat in the display model at the showroom, I could well feel the good amount of rear headroom Tigor is offering. My dad too had sat in the back seat during the initial test drive in April and since we owned a Esteem, he did mention the following observations:

1) Rear Seats for tall people like my dad is comfortable in terms of back-support and under-thigh support and legroom. Headroom is also acceptable.

2) Ingress and Egress are OK but not the best as told by my dad. A 60+ year old man's view on this is worth considering. Coming from a low seating Esteem, he said, its better than Esteem but still could be much better

3) If front seat is pushed back, the knee-room and legroom is a slight concern.

Now when I sat in the car during the test drive and even otherwise, I felt the front seats to be well cushioned and offer good under-thigh support. Even though I don't need the height adjustment in driver seat, yet the XZO version comes equipped with it. My chauffeur is also around 5'10-5'11 and with a medium built, he too felt that the seats are very comfortable and offer good legroom and headroom even more so when the front passenger seat is pushed ahead. From the front the ingress and egress is excellent for me but the rear ingress and egress needs a slight effort since the slopping roof line makes it a bit tricky.

Important Aspects of Tata Tigor's Seats

The well cushioned and broad rear seats

Attachment 230755

The rear armrest when opened does take the space for a child to sit

Attachment 230756

Increased rear legroom with front passenger seat pushed ahead

Attachment 230757

Front seats do not have seat back pockets

Attachment 230758

The headrests in front seats are adjustable but in rear it is fixed.

Attachment 230760

Attachment 230759

Akash1886 25th August 2017 02:31 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Important In-Cabin Aspect of Tata Tigor

The two-tone dashboard has a contemporary design and feels upmarket. The textured top half gives it a premium feel.

Attachment 230762

The plastic used in the dashboard is of premium quality and the overall finishing is very good.

Attachment 230763

The rear seat belts are provided and do note the small loop to pull out the rear armrest

Attachment 230764

The rear transmission hump

Attachment 230765

Rear Door Coin Pocket

Attachment 230766

The wiring is not properly covered and insulated and its visible in the driver side foot-well area

Attachment 230767

Attachment 230768

Storage Space between front door and steering

Attachment 230769

Fuel Flap Opener and Hood Opening Lever

Attachment 230770

Attachment 230771

Akash1886 25th August 2017 02:56 PM

11 Attachment(s)
The front window glass goes down full but the rear one has a little bit of glass visible after going down to max.

Attachment 230772

Attachment 230773

The front seat adjustment lever is the conventional one but to my liking the seat travel range could still be better

Attachment 230774

The double insulation provided to doors is of good quality but the fitment is not upto the mark. On the rear door edge rivets are placed to hold the insulation.

Attachment 230776

Attachment 230777

A small triangular cover is fixed near the rear quarter glass from inside to possibly cover the screw or a rivet.

Attachment 230778

The height of the adjustable front headrest could have been better.

Attachment 230779

In the dealer provided gear lock, there is no provision to hold the metal lock and it keeps on falling often.

Attachment 230780

Provision of USB, AUX and 12V Charging socket in front along with a provisional cut-out to include an aftermarket cigarette ligther etc

Attachment 230781

Driver and Passenger Side Sun Visor get vanity mirrors but no illumination

Attachment 230782

Attachment 230783

Akash1886 25th August 2017 03:40 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Misaligned Glove Box lid is an eye sore. Though Tata has provided a double level glove box with soft touch push button and cooling feature in XZO but the ill fitting looks ugly. Also there is no illumination in it still a very thoughtful design element included in the glove box is the family of elephants which are etched inside. It goes on to show a sort of family hierarchy.

Attachment 230784

Attachment 230785

Attachment 230786

Attachment 230787

Piano Black Corner AC Vents with Chrome surround. The option of Black color AC vents is available only in Silver Color and their design is similar to those in Tiago.

Attachment 230788

Center AC Vents are are in Black color with chrome surround. Their design looks a lot like the ones in JLR cars

Attachment 230789

The Hazard Lights Switch in it's conventional position

Attachment 230790

Good Quality door hinges provided with proper wire insulation between door and body frame

Attachment 230791

Non Height Adjustable front seat belts

Attachment 230797

Piano Black Accents on the Steering Wheel

Attachment 230798

Akash1886 25th August 2017 08:19 PM

10 Attachment(s)
The Auto AC Unit in the XZO Variant.

Attachment 230799

The Fan Speed and Temperature Adjustment Knobs have chrome surrounds. There is a sensor in the center of both knobs. The quarters in both the dials are for using Auto Feature, Econ Mode for AC, to Switch of the Auto AC Unit and to Switch on/off the AC

Attachment 230800

Attachment 230801

The door knob is like the Alto that I am having at present. The driver side one can be used to lock all the doors.

Attachment 230802

Back-lit Center Console, Power Window Switches & Auto AC Unit Buttons

Attachment 230803

Attachment 230804

Attachment 230805

Bottle Holders in front and rear doors

Attachment 230807

Attachment 230806

Good & Durable Quality Plastic used in Indicator and Wiper levers. The indicator lever also has the beam adjuster integrated.

Attachment 230808

Akash1886 25th August 2017 09:09 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Manual Adjustment IRVM with good viewing space.

Attachment 230809

Gloss Black Door Handle Grip with Chrome Door Latch

Attachment 230810

Attachment 230811

Electric ORVM adjuster on Driver's Side

Attachment 230812

Durable Quality Roof Mounted In-Cabin Door Grips provided. Rear Right Grip gets a coat hook.

Attachment 230813

Attachment 230814

Attachment 230815

Fabric inserts provided in front and rear door armrest for a plush feel.

Attachment 230816

Attachment 230817

Proper plastic cladding provided from inside near the door sill area. Looks like an extension of the door sill.

Attachment 230818

Akash1886 25th August 2017 09:30 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Illuminated Key Hole. The inserting of Key in it needs slight effort as that is not smooth.

Attachment 230819

No coin pockets provided in front door armrest

Attachment 230820

A ventilation vent provided below the center console

Attachment 230821

Air Vents on the Dashboard corners

Attachment 230822

Hand Brake Lever Console

Attachment 230823

Additional Cup Holders and Charging points in the cabin. Cup Holders are provided in rear armrest too.

Attachment 230824

Attachment 230825

Akash1886 25th August 2017 11:05 PM

11 Attachment(s)
The Black Door Grip will show stains easily and the door pad area near it would be most prone to stains during servicing so do take note. The plastic on the armrests in front door is also prone to stains if polished and by chance water falls on it.

Attachment 230826

Attachment 230827

A solar sensor is also placed on the dashboard

Attachment 230828

Front Windshield defogging vents provided

Attachment 230829

From front the hood is not visible but a good thing is that the reflection of the dashboard on the windshield is also not there as well.

Attachment 230831

ORVM visibility is also quite good

Attachment 230832

The Rear Visibility can be a issue if the rear sear is occupied by tall passengers

Attachment 230830

Driver's seat height and backrest adjustment levers

Attachment 230833

Air Pressure levels for Tires mentioned on driver side door frame

Attachment 230834

Steering mounted telephony button.

Attachment 230835

If the armrest hampers the smooth accessibility of the handbrake then you may push it up. The armrest's flap is extendable as well.

Attachment 230836

Akash1886 25th August 2017 11:44 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Instrument Cluster Of Tata Tigor Styleback.

Tata Tigor comes with a dual barrel instrument cluster i.e a speedo-dial and a RPM dial me accompanied by an MID unit in between them. To avoid any visibility issue the cluster has a very well designed cowl above it. The instrument cluster comes with White illumination and the MID shows info(s) like Gear Indicator, Time, Temperature, D.T.E, Number of Kms done, Fuel Efficiency, Door Open Icon, Trip A & B details and to get these details the driver/owner can press the Black "Mode" button. Also, the drive modes icons appear when the car is cranked. Blue icon is "CITY Mode" and Green Icon is "ECO Mode".

Akash1886 26th August 2017 01:00 AM

10 Attachment(s)
Some Important Internal & External bits of Tata Tigor

Ground Clearance from Front End.

Attachment 230849

Front tow hook location on the front bumper. Its neatly covered and has proper mark for pressing it.

Attachment 230853

Smoked Headlamps are the most prominent feature of Tigor that differentiates it from the Tiago's front profile.

Attachment 230848

High and Low Beam of the Projector + Halogen Bulb setup is quite impressive

Attachment 230850

Attachment 230851

Sharp and Stylish Coupe like Rear Door Design. An Excellent Design Feat!

Attachment 230845

Wide Rear Window for good visibility from inside

Attachment 230846

Triangular & Slightly elevated rear quarter glass

Attachment 230847

Fuel Flap comes with a "CS" Embossing maybe highlighting as "Compact Sedan" and the fuel cap is attached to a string as to avoid it from being misplaced. The Cap mentions "Petrol" as per the engine. The flap often malfunctions though atleast in my car.

Attachment 230852

The Rear Bumper gets a C Shape type design feature near the rear reflectors on both sides which accentuates the rear profile and gives it a stylish look.

Attachment 230854

An Important Emergency Feature in Tata Tigor: Power Windows can be operated for few minutes even when key has been taken out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5NW96TN2aQ

Akash1886 26th August 2017 07:16 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Tata Tigor: Engine and Transmission and Technical Specs

Attachment 230884

Attachment 230885

Attachment 230886

Tigor gets 2 options in engine i.e 1.2 L 3 Cylinder engine for Petrol called Revotron and a 1.05 L 3 Cylinder engine for Diesel called Revotorq. As I was looking for a Petrol Car only hence I went ahead to book the Top End Petrol Version. The Diesel and Petrol Variants come equipped with Drive Modes i.e CITY and ECO mode. CITY mode is default mode and you may select the ECO mode depending on requirement. Even in the Test Drive earlier this year, I had driven the car in ECO mode and CITY as to understand it's driving characteristics because for the 1st time I was going in for a 3 Cylinder car. At that time I had shared the following observations:

Date Of Test Drive: 03rd April 2017

1) Gear Vibrations are very very less in petrol version. (Also I made a video of this now)

2) Gear Slotting is quite smooth too. No jerks.

3) I drove the car in Eco mode and the acceleration is low and the lag is felt. The car makes effort to please you. The more you accelerate in Eco mode, the more evident it becomes that the 3 cylinder motor is under the hood. It is best suited for 70-80 km/h speed and normal cruising in city and not for a Fast & Furious street Race.

4) City mode is better to drive in. The car's performance is much better in it.

5) NVH wise surely a good job done specially in petrol. The in-cabin insulation are good enough.

6) In terms of ride, the suspension is well balanced and unscientific speed breakers in my sector didn't give much jerk to my dad in the rear seat.

7) Steering feedback also was very good. Though its light enough to turn still in the range of 70-80 km/h speed range, the feedback is very assuring.

Important Technical Videos of Tata Tigor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n0wzxsUi9A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juvWJ-AH3fI

Akash1886 26th August 2017 07:56 PM

8 Attachment(s)
My Initial Driving Experience with Tigor Petrol.

It has just been 10 days since I bought the car and the ODO stands at 125 Kms in total. Most of the driving that I have done in it i.e 35-40 odd kms has been done on ECO mode and the rest is done on CITY mode. The car is mainly driven by my chauffeur so I will write about just my part here. To me, this 1.2L is fairly rev-happy and an easy going engine. Also, after the initial throttle a familiar 3 pot engine sound comes for a couple of seconds. The drive in CITY mode is quite smooth and no harsh jerks felt in the drive but yes when my driver drives specially in 2nd gear, at times there is a very light jerk which I feel could be because he isn't used to driving this one and still feels its the Ivtec mill[lol]. Upon cranking, the vibrations in idle are very very low and that's because Tigor gets a balancer shaft which helps in controlling the vibrations produced during the idling. That sound is way lower and it seems TML people have made a genuine effort here after getting the feedback from Tiago owners. The NVH levels are reasonably good as well in petrol model as I have experienced so far and the gear lever vibration as many have pointed out in Tiago, in Tigor, that is very well controlled too. In terms of city driving this car is a very good option and is a no-nonsense car. Though its a 3 cylinder engine but even then the drive feels quite relaxed. I have driven it at speeds of 60-70 km/h and believe me you'll not require frequent acceleration; it is that well tuned and even with the AC switched ON, I am quite happy with the performance of the car in CITY mode. I have not driven on highways so far so won't be commenting here on that but definitely coming from 4 cylinder engine to 3 cylinder, the performance would surely be different. All in all, in these initial days, I can say that this petrol motor has a reasonable performance for those guys who don't intend to do a drag race or drive it past 100+ km/h. So far in CITY drive Mode, my car gives me a FE of 8.9 to 9.5 km/L in traffic with AC. Talking of the transmission, Tigor gets only 5 speed manual transmission for both petrol and diesel engine. No AMT or AT on offer presently. The gear shifts are smooth and the indicator on the MID does help a lot showing the slotted gear. So far, when I have driven the car, the transmission has worked smoothly. Now, when I drove in ECO mode, there was a apparent difference in performance of the car. It is mainly tuned for giving best possible FE. I felt the car lagged in acceleration and the effort to perform was clearly evident in ECO mode.

Some Important Under hood observation from Tata Tigor

Proper Carpeting under the hood.

Attachment 230887

Aluminium Engine Cover

Attachment 230888

Firewall Protection provided and the insulation used on the wiring is of durable quality.

Attachment 230890

No Hydraulic Structs for the Hood. A conventional lever provided to hold the hood.

Attachment 230889

Suspension Mounts covered properly with plastic enclosure to protect from contact with water / dust.

Attachment 230891

Plastic extensions of headlamps properly fixed inside the hood

Attachment 230892

Good Quality Plastic stripe provided with rivets to hold the front bumper and gives protection to fingers from touching any hot metal part while opening the hood.

Attachment 230893

The horn is visible from behind the grill and the sound quality of dual horn is quite good.

Attachment 230894

Akash1886 26th August 2017 08:53 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Initial Observations about Ride & Handling, Steering, Tyre(s) & A.B.C Pedals Feedback

Attachment 230895

Attachment 230896

Attachment 230897

Tigor comes equipped with power steering having a tilt feature. This was the first thing I used when I drove the car. With the steering adjusted higher, the drive position is commanding and though the steering felt slightly small in size yet the feedback was very good within the speed range of 60-80 km/h. In the short span of driving this car, I have noted that the steering operation was smooth and turning it in tight corners was a breeze. As it is the car has compact size and with a agile steering wheel, driving it becomes a pleasure. Coming to the ride and handling, this has been the plus point in Tigor specifically as in terms of ride, the suspension is well balanced and whether in front or at back, the occupants won't feel any harsh jerks and bumps. I have so far used the car on good and partly rough roads and it passes on them with ease. Small potholes and high speed breakers don't bother it thanks to the raised ground clearance of 170mm. I am loving the ground clearance of this car since my CITY Ivtec has quite poor ground clearance. Equipped with Corner Stability Control, at the photo session location, I tried to check it's manners in cornering and honestly I have nothing to complain. Talking of the Clutch and Brakes, to me the clutch felt light with a small travel range and though I driven it in open roads with less traffic, this smooth clutch definitely helps in faster and easy slotting of gears. About the brakes, Tigor gets Front Disc and Rear Drum brakes which are responsive and precise. The addition of ABS makes the braking very assuring. Initially in the first 3-4 days when I drove the car, comparing to my CITY, the Tigor's brakes were a little low on the initial bite which I have not experienced in my CITY for the last many years. Apart from that, brakes are good. Another thing, I noticed was that all the 3 pedals are placed quite close to each other and the dead pedal isn't of much use to me. I wished the space between the pedals should have been more so as to further improve the overall driving experience.

Coming to Tyre(s): Being the Top End Petrol Model, my car gets 175/60 Size Tyre with a 15 inch Alloy with Bridgestone Rubber. The ride with the bridgestone has been very nice so far and the road noise is reasonably low. The grip of these on road has been quite good and the bumps / potholes also are not felt much. Comparing them with the CEAT 175 Section Tyre(s) in my CITY, I would say Bridgestone Tyre is couple of notches higher in overall performance. Now I know why many buyers go in for Bridgestone Tyre(s) while buying a car. Thankfully mine came equipped with them. The alloys are 5 Spoke one and look quite elegant with the Silver color. I love their design and finishing and they come with 4 nuts design. The spare wheel in Tigor is a non-alloy even in XZO variant. The Air Pressure for all the 5 Tyre(s) is 36PSI and I am using Nitrogen in them instead of normal air.

Akash1886 26th August 2017 10:08 PM

6 Attachment(s)

Akash1886 26th August 2017 10:55 PM

5 Attachment(s)
What I Liked in Tata Tigor

1) VFM Product.

2) Equipped with all safety features like Airbags, ABS etc. This is what I actually gained in Tigor XZO after selling my Maruti Esteem VXI.

3) Superb Exterior Design

4) Interiors are notch higher in terms of design if compared to competitors.

5) Seating is comfortable with good headroom and legroom.

6) Egress and Ingress better than my Esteem.

7) Ground Clearance much better than my Honda CITY IVtec.

8) Provision of 15 inch Alloys & 175 Section Tubeless Tyre(s) in Petrol XZO model.

9) Auto AC is fabulous. It cools the cabin really fast.

10) Projector lights are far better than the headlights of my Honda CITY.

11) Harman ICE Sound Quality is very good. In-cabin speakers and tweeters are a welcome move.

12) Provision of Boot Cladding from inside. Forget about the segment, my 2011 CITY doesn't have it.

13) A Vibrant choice of 6 body colors. Mine had to be by default Silver only.

14) Good Paint Quality

What Can be Improved.

1) In-cabin finishing not upto the mark at many places like the knitted roof liner on edges

2) Misaligned glove box

3) Insulation on doors need to be fixed properly.

4) Only 1 reverse light and no rear fog lamp.

5) Malfunctioning of Fuel Flap in my car.

6) No Glove box illumination.

7) Hood Lever could have been more aesthetically placed.

8) Wiring under the foot-well could have been better covered.

9) Dealer's Cleaning Guys not doing a good job.

10) No smart key sensors in top variant.

11) A Petrol AMT option in XZ or XZO could be good.

12) FM reception in my locality goes dead.

13) The AC Fan sound increases when at speed 5 and 6.

14) Accelerator, Brake & Clutch Pedals are too close to each other.

So, Finally as the review is finally over now, I wish to thank each one of you who took the pains to go through this lengthy review. Can't help, it's a TAIger's Car!

Regards

Akash

350Z 27th August 2017 10:49 PM

Note: Thread now live. Brilliant ownership review, Akash. Most comprehensive I've ever read. Heartiest congrats on the Tigor. [thumbsup]

Drive Safe,
350Z

Nanofreak 27th August 2017 11:35 PM

Congrats @Akash, on your Tigor, it looks very nice in this shade.

A complete comprehensive guide to future Tigor buyers.

Regards
Vinod

mukeshus 27th August 2017 11:57 PM

Congrats Akash on your new acquisition.
Wishing you miles of safe and happy motoring.

AbhisekVerma 28th August 2017 08:11 AM

Awesome review Akash. Worth the time spent. Car looks fab. My tips for improving your FE-
- Stop the engine if a long signal is on.
- If you still want to idle due to AC running, switch to Eco mode (to save fuel) and then switch back to City mode while driving.
- use Eco mode in crawling traffic in first gear. Use eco mode in time taking parkings.
- The FE in first two Gears is horrible so try to switch to third and above asap.
- Drive without AC if weather is good as AC takes more than average toll on FE in this car.

Tiago has 2 reverse Lights. Why did Tata provide only 1 in Tigor. Is there a wattage difference?

Also Akash you don't need to use those old school door knobs. Car doors get auto locked sbove 10kmph (Safety feature) and to open all you can just use a gentle pull on driver side door handle.

That ticket holder is a life saver. It makes life so convenient when you're taking multiple toll tickets and can put the latest in that.

I have done 3.6K now. Not faced any major issues till now.

SS53 28th August 2017 10:02 AM

Congrats Akash for your Tigor. Wishing you many happy miles ahead.

Akash1886 28th August 2017 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 350Z (Post 546916)
Brilliant ownership review, Akash. Most comprehensive I've ever read. Heartiest congrats on the Tigor.
350Z

Thanks a lot Vibhor. I hope the review shall be of help to others too. Looking forward Vibhor for the TAI sticker to make my car officially a "TAIger's Car".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanofreak (Post 546919)
Congrats @Akash, on your Tigor, it looks very nice in this shade.

A complete comprehensive guide to future Tigor buyers.

Thanks Sir. I tried to cover as much as possible in this short time of ownership. Will update on it as regularly as possible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mukeshus (Post 546921)
Congrats Akash on your new acquisition.
Wishing you miles of safe and happy motoring.

Thanks Mukesh.[:D]

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS53 (Post 546935)
Congrats Akash for your Tigor. Wishing you many happy miles ahead.

Thanks a ton bro.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbhisekVerma (Post 546931)
Awesome review Akash. Worth the time spent. Car looks fab. My tips for improving your FE-
- Stop the engine if a long signal is on.
- If you still want to idle due to AC running, switch to Eco mode (to save fuel) and then switch back to City mode while driving.
- use Eco mode in crawling traffic in first gear. Use eco mode in time taking parkings.
- The FE in first two Gears is horrible so try to switch to third and above asap.
- Drive without AC if weather is good as AC takes more than average toll on FE in this car.

Thanks a lot Abhishek. I will take note of these tips and use them as required buddy.

Quote:

Tiago has 2 reverse Lights. Why did Tata provide only 1 in Tigor. Is there a wattage difference?
Have to check on this with the dealer again.

Quote:

Also Akash you don't need to use those old school door knobs. Car doors get auto locked sbove 10kmph (Safety feature) and to open all you can just use a gentle pull on driver side door handle.
Indeed as I drove it in morning today, I did observe it. To open or close all locks the driver side lever does the work.

Quote:

That ticket holder is a life saver. It makes life so convenient when you're taking multiple toll tickets and can put the latest in that.

I have done 3.6K now. Not faced any major issues till now.
All the best for the future bud. I also hope that my car should give me a hassle free ownership. Although it wont be driven much by myself (chauffeur there) yet I don't want repeated ASC visits.

Regards

Akash

Prabhagar 28th August 2017 05:12 PM

Great review as usual Akash ji. Kudos for your efforts in bringing this out in a short time span. Now we can safely delay Vipul's official review for few more weeks [:D]. My best wishes to clock millions of happy miles with your Tigor. Please do update us regularly on mileage, highway manners, etc once your engine runs in.
I have a few observations:
1. Never knew rear wipers are excluded in Tigor. This is another surprise after knowing the empty rear fog lamp housing.
2. Steering Controls: You can also change audio tracks (Previous/Next) and seek (fast ff/rw) using the source button.
3. Black color AC vents are available in all but copper & red Tigors if I am not wrong.
4. Please check if this engineering menu shortcut works on your Tigor and update us.