Tata Tiago XZA AMT (Orange): Our Pocket Dynamite

Thread Starter #1
Need for a new car.
Idea was to buy an automatic car for my parents as automatic would be much easier to drive.

So we started hunt for the car in May 2017 with budget around 6.5Lakhs.

Following are the cars which were shortlisted but rejected.
- Celerio AMT, rejected due to poor build quality and tiago's slightly better AMT performance.
- Grand i 10, rejected as AT model doesn’t come with ABS and I feel for AT ABS is must. Grand i 10 AT performance is much better though. But Sports version costs almost 1.3Lacs more on road.
- Ignis AMT Delta/Zeta, rejected as dint like the looks, also interior and build quality. Also i am not big fan of Maruti interiors.

Reasons for choosing Tiago XZA
- VFM
- Solid build quality.
- loaded with most of the safety features.
- Amazing 8-speaker Harman entertainment system
- High quality, well-designed interiors.
- AMT driving experience was good. In traffic car pulls easily from standstill when required.
- Superb Handling and a great EPS.

Booking and Delivery
On 20th May I Booked test drive for Tiago online here Tata Tiago.
Immediately I received call from Tata Motors call center asking me about preferred dealership for Test Drive. As there is only one dealer here in Goa I had to go with him.
Call Center Guy informed me that they will arrange a Test Drive vehicle as soon as possible from the dealer. In next 15mins I received SMS about my Test drive booking with the dealer and also it provided contact number of the person in charge at the dealership.
Till that moment I had seen some Tiagos only on roads but never in person or never had opportunity to sit in one. I had read all the reviews about Tiago where most of reviewers had good things to say about it. Only concern was regarding the 3 Cylinder engine performance and vibration issues related to that.
So now wait for test drive started. Two days past but no call from dealer regarding the test drives. I decided to call the contact number provided to me of the dealership. So on 24th May I called the dealership and they told me that they have received Tiago XZA test drive vehicle only that morning and it should be available for Test Drives from tomorrow.
They asked me if I wanted to see the car today I can come and have a look. I agreed and went there in the evening. Sales Advisor took me to the car where its PDI was going on. Moment I saw Tiago I fell for it. It was white color car which looked just awesome. I sat inside and pleasantly surprised looking at the interiors.
Seating inside I could not believe that I was inside a Tata car. As PDI had not completed they dint allow me to start the car. They promised to get the car next day to my office for Test Drive.
Next day they got the Test Drive car to office in the evening. As I had not driven AMT before I was bit nervous to start with. But soon I got used to it and started to enjoy the clutch free drive. Sales advisor accompanying me had smartly turned on sports mode before I started driving and I was finding really easy with no lag pickup. I even tried a fast overtake just by flooring the pedal and car pulled without any fuss and I was mighty impressed. But then I realized that car was in sports mode. I changed it to city mode and I could see that there was bit lag for 1st and 2nd gears. 3rd gears onwards it was smooth.
Then I took car on an incline just to check how does it perform in start/stop scenario on incline. Here I had to use handbrakes or a quick switch from brake to accelerator to pick up the car. But car has enough power to pull up smoothly without any issues.
Finally I checked the music system which was just awesome for this price point. I do tried to check the engine vibrations and NHV, but found engine to be quiet silent at least inside the cabin. Also I dint find any vibrations inside the cabin. So at the end of Test Drive I was fully impressed and almost decided to book the car. Now I need to convince my parents for this car but that was very easy as they were sold on the looks of Tiagos itself.
On 30th May I took my father to the showroom and showed him the car and we booked the car on the same day.
Booking Date : 30th May 2017
Booking Amount : 10001 Rs
Expected Delivery Date : 17th June 2017
Car Colour : Stricker Blue
Ex Showroom price quoted : 5,55,678 Rs

Now the endless wait started. Sales Advisor had informed me that they will let me know once car is billed at the factory. A week past but no update from dealership so I call them. They informed me that there are no Stricker Blue car available at factory. They will bill it as soon as it is available. Again no update for next week. So I called them again on 12th June. They gave me same update of unviability of Stricker Blue car.
By now I had given hope of getting the car by my expected delivery date. This went on for next couple of weeks as well. By 25th June I was so frustrated that thought of cancelling the booking. I was also not sure whether now because of GST starting from July it will be good to take delivery now.
So finally on 26th June I approached Tata Motors on their tata tiago twitter handle. I got following reply from them after 24 hours.
Tweet.PNG

After receiving above tweet I dint get any update for next one day. So finally I tweeted in anguish saying that I am cancelling the booking.
Finally that evening Tata Motors Regional Customer Care Manager called me. He told me that at present there are no Stricker blue cars available but they should be available by 6th/7th of July.
Now I was worried about prices being increased after 1st July but he assured me that prices will either increase/decrease by just 2000/3000 Rs. Having no other options I had to agree to him.
Now again wait started and this was getting really frustrating. I waited till 8th June but no update from Dealer or Tata Motors. I called Dealer same day and dealer gave me same answer "Stricker Blue not available"
Finally I asked him which other colors are available for that he said white. But as my father dint like white I gave him three options 1st Blue 2nd Brown 3rd Orange. Dealer told me to wait for 2/3 days more.
So on 12th July dealer called to inform that an Orange XZA is available at factory and whether he should bill it. I immediately gave him go ahead. Finally my car was billed after 52 days from booking date.
Dealer informed me that car should reach at dealership in 4/5days. Dealer provided me Chassis number which I could decode to manufacturing month July and year 2017. Meanwhile dealer called me and asked me to transfer the amount as car is already billed. I told him that I will do the transfer when I check the car in person and after my PDI.
Now I was eagerly waiting for car to arrive and finally car arrived on 20th July. Dealer called me on 20th evening to inform that car has arrived and I can come to do my PDI.

I went to dealership along with my friend next morning. For the first time I saw my car and was blown away with the beauty. Along with my friend we inspected the car.
Following are few of the points we checked.
- Chassis number
- Any scratch marks or dents.
- Interiors neatness
- Power windows.
- Tires
- All the lights
- Music system
- Phone interface and steering mounted controls.
- Battery
- AC cooling
- Engine bay
- Started the car and checked the engine.
- Coolant, Oil levels.
- Odometer read 55Kms, Sales Advisor clarified that they had to drive car for Goa border to showroom and as big Trailers find it difficult to enter Goa due to relatively narrow roads.
PDI_3.jpg
Odometer At PDI

PDI_1.jpg
Picture during PDI
PDI_2.jpg
Picture during PDI

We were satisfied with the car and gave go ahead to the Sales Advisor.
As they had given me quote before GST i had to be given new prices.
Ex Showroom price after GST : 5,35,510 Rs, Reduction of 20K after GST. HURRAY!!!, felt all the wait for the car was worth it ;)
Total Amount : 6,17,567 Rs
Includes: Insurance (Bajaj Alliance[Nil Dep]- 22,276 Rs), Road Tax (48,195 Rs), AMC 2 years and Extended Warranty 2 years and 400 Rs Handling Charges :(

We immediately did RTGS transfer and told them that RTO registration will be done by us.(infact they were ready to do it for free but as i wanted number of my preference i declined).
I informed that I would take delivery on 24th July Monday as it was first day of Shravaan.
Following were the accessories which I bought
- Mats and Mud Flaps (50% Discount)
- Door Edge protector
- Dickey chrome bidding
- Seat covers
- Number Plates
Total amount 11,200 Rs

We took the delivery of car on 24th July morning along with my entire family. I dint forget a small gift for my Sales Advisor and sweets for everyone at the showroom [;)]
Car at home
HomeD_1.jpg
HomeD_2.jpg
HomeD_3.jpg
HomeD_4.jpg
HomeD_5.jpg

First Impression
Fit and Finish
Fit and Finish has improved tremendously for Tata Motors. I would rate it to be very close to Hyundai. Most of the panels are consistent and they are not much gaps as well.

Noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH)
With all the windows rolled up cabin is very silent and one can hardly hear engine even when music system is off. With windows rolled down engine is audible but it is well controlled. At idle I do get very faint vibrations on steering and door handles. One has to really pay attention to catch these vibrations else they are not even noticed. But there are no vibrations when car is on the move. Also there are no vibrations on gear stick at idle.

Handling, Suspension and EPS
EPS is super light at lower speeds and it weighs up very nicely as speed increase. This gives immense confidence at higher speeds and you really enjoy cornering at high speeds with lot of confidence.
Suspension is very good but not as soft as say that of Hyundai i10. It is bit stiff but I think that is good as at higher speeds above 50Km/Hr car just rolls over all the broken roads and undulations. Car feels so planted at higher speed that you get a feeling of driving a bigger car which is much above this class. I just love driving on Ghat sections with lot of turns and bends and it is just fun.

AMT Gear Box
I was bit circumspect about the AMT unit but it has exceeded all my expectations after driving car for 800Kms in all types of terrains. AMT comes with two modes “CITY” and “SPORTS”. In “CITY” mode power delivery is very smooth and I feel it is adequate 95% of time. In “SPORTS” mode you get bit more power and AMT unit it bit more eager to downshift. But I feel in “SPORTS” mode car feels bit jerkier. I always use “CITY” mode and uses “SPORTS” mode just to get that extra bit of power in situations like a quick over take or getting away at traffic signals from standstill.
Initially I was not sure how AMT unit will behave on steep inclines or while climbing/descending Ghats. But it has exceeded all my expectations. AMT unit puts car in perfect gear which is required either while climbing or descending the ghats. I was amazed with the accuracy at which it does that and no confused shifting at all. While descending AMT unit maintains the lower gears just to get that engine breaking which is really confidence inspiring.
I have hardly used Manual mode for doing gear shifting as AUTO mode is more than capable. When car is in 1st gear AUTO/MANUAL CREEP mode is activated which helps immensely to crawl in traffic. Sometimes I do get some jerks or erratic power delivery in CREEP mode but nothing alarming. CREEP mode deactivates automatically once car reaches 10KM/Hr speed.
CREEP mode helps to function as HILL Hold feature. When on inclined if car is stopped then CREEP modes helps by not allowing car to roll back without any brakes or accelerator inputs. It even pushes car in front without any accelerator input. That’s very nice and convenient. But I feel it takes 2/3 secs for CREEP mode to engage once car comes to standstill. Similarly CREEP mode helps to hold car when reversing onto a climb. It doesn’t allow car to roll down even without brake or accelerator inputs but infact pushes car onto the climb. I am very impressed with this AMT unit.

Mileage
After driving car for 800Kms I am getting mileage of 18Km/Ltr as shown on MID. I have still not calculated Tank Full to Tank Full mileage. Above mileage is with 100% AC and CITY mode with occasional SPORTS mode. I am quite satisfied with the mileage so far which I think should increase as car runs in.

AC
AC is a chiller. It chills the cabin quiet fast even after parking car in hot sun. I have so far dint find need to increase fan speed above two.

Music System
Just AWESOME!!! Already everyone knows about it so not repeating again the same.

Seating comfort
Front seats are very comfortable and it is very easy to find the idle seating position with seat height adjustment and steering tilt option. Rear seats are even more comfortable with good enough thigh support. But rear seats are good for 3 average build occupants and not so comfortable for 3 heavy build occupants.

DealerShip Experience
So far the experience at dealer is good. They are courteous and try to answer all my queries without showing any displeasure. But I still feel that the staff lacks in technical knowhow of the car. My Sales Advisor even had wrong impression about extended warranty telling me that it runs in parallel to standard warranty.[frustration] Dealership manager met me on day of delivery and assured me of improved after sales service. Let’s hope for the best 

Verdict
Tiago XZA is just class ahead in terms of value for money provides to its buyer. I am fully satisfied and content with my decision. Anyone looking for an Automatic with budget around 6 lakhs Tiago XZA is the best option.

Some Random Pictures in different Goan Landscapes.
HomeD_7.jpg
HomeD_8.jpg
HomeD_9.jpg
HomeD_10.jpg
HomeD_11.jpg
HomeD_12.jpg
HomeD_13.jpg
HomeD_14.jpg
HomeD_15.jpg
HomeD_16.jpg

UPDATES
First Free Service Update - 1900Km

Last edited:
Re: Orange Tata Tiago XZA (AMT) – Our Pocket Dynamite

Need for a new car.
Idea was to buy an automatic car for my parents as automatic would be much easier to drive.

So we started hunt for the car in May 2017 with budget around 6.5Lakhs.

Following are the cars which were shortlisted but rejected.
- Celerio AMT, rejected due to poor build quality and tiago's slightly better AMT performance.
- Grand i 10, rejected as AT model doesn’t come with ABS and I feel for AT ABS is must. Grand i 10 AT performance is much better though. But Sports version costs almost 1.3Lacs more on road.
- Ignis AMT Delta/Zeta, rejected as dint like the looks, also interior and build quality. Also i am not big fan of Maruti interiors.

Reasons for choosing Tiago XZA
- VFM
- Solid build quality.
- loaded with most of the safety features.
- Amazing 8-speaker Harman entertainment system
- High quality, well-designed interiors.
- AMT driving experience was good. In traffic car pulls easily from standstill when required.
- Superb Handling and a great EPS.

Booking and Delivery
On 20th May I Booked test drive for Tiago online here Tata Tiago.
Immediately I received call from Tata Motors call center asking me about preferred dealership for Test Drive. As there is only one dealer here in Goa I had to go with him.
Call Center Guy informed me that they will arrange a Test Drive vehicle as soon as possible from the dealer. In next 15mins I received SMS about my Test drive booking with the dealer and also it provided contact number of the person in charge at the dealership.
Till that moment I had seen some Tiagos only on roads but never in person or never had opportunity to sit in one. I had read all the reviews about Tiago where most of reviewers had good things to say about it. Only concern was regarding the 3 Cylinder engine performance and vibration issues related to that.
So now wait for test drive started. Two days past but no call from dealer regarding the test drives. I decided to call the contact number provided to me of the dealership. So on 24th May I called the dealership and they told me that they have received Tiago XZA test drive vehicle only that morning and it should be available for Test Drives from tomorrow.
They asked me if I wanted to see the car today I can come and have a look. I agreed and went there in the evening. Sales Advisor took me to the car where its PDI was going on. Moment I saw Tiago I fell for it. It was white color car which looked just awesome. I sat inside and pleasantly surprised looking at the interiors.
Seating inside I could not believe that I was inside a Tata car. As PDI had not completed they dint allow me to start the car. They promised to get the car next day to my office for Test Drive.
Next day they got the Test Drive car to office in the evening. As I had not driven AMT before I was bit nervous to start with. But soon I got used to it and started to enjoy the clutch free drive. Sales advisor accompanying me had smartly turned on sports mode before I started driving and I was finding really easy with no lag pickup. I even tried a fast overtake just by flooring the pedal and car pulled without any fuss and I was mighty impressed. But then I realized that car was in sports mode. I changed it to city mode and I could see that there was bit lag for 1st and 2nd gears. 3rd gears onwards it was smooth.
Then I took car on an incline just to check how does it perform in start/stop scenario on incline. Here I had to use handbrakes or a quick switch from brake to accelerator to pick up the car. But car has enough power to pull up smoothly without any issues.
Finally I checked the music system which was just awesome for this price point. I do tried to check the engine vibrations and NHV, but found engine to be quiet silent at least inside the cabin. Also I dint find any vibrations inside the cabin. So at the end of Test Drive I was fully impressed and almost decided to book the car. Now I need to convince my parents for this car but that was very easy as they were sold on the looks of Tiagos itself.
On 30th May I took my father to the showroom and showed him the car and we booked the car on the same day.
Booking Date : 30th May 2017
Booking Amount : 10001 Rs
Expected Delivery Date : 17th June 2017
Car Colour : Stricker Blue
Ex Showroom price quoted : 5,55,678 Rs

Now the endless wait started. Sales Advisor had informed me that they will let me know once car is billed at the factory. A week past but no update from dealership so I call them. They informed me that there are no Stricker Blue car available at factory. They will bill it as soon as it is available. Again no update for next week. So I called them again on 12th June. They gave me same update of unviability of Stricker Blue car.
By now I had given hope of getting the car by my expected delivery date. This went on for next couple of weeks as well. By 25th June I was so frustrated that thought of cancelling the booking. I was also not sure whether now because of GST starting from July it will be good to take delivery now.
So finally on 26th June I approached Tata Motors on their tata tiago twitter handle. I got following reply from them after 24 hours.
View attachment 229466

After receiving above tweet I dint get any update for next one day. So finally I tweeted in anguish saying that I am cancelling the booking.
Finally that evening Tata Motors Regional Customer Care Manager called me. He told me that at present there are no Stricker blue cars available but they should be available by 6th/7th of July.
Now I was worried about prices being increased after 1st July but he assured me that prices will either increase/decrease by just 2000/3000 Rs. Having no other options I had to agree to him.
Now again wait started and this was getting really frustrated. I waited till 8th June but no update from Dealer or Tata Motors. I called Dealer same day and dealer gave me same answer "Stricker Blue not available"
Finally I asked him which other colors are available for that he said white. But as my father dint like white I gave him three options 1st Blue 2nd Brown 3rd Orange. Dealer told me to wait for 2/3 days more.
So on 12th July dealer called to inform that an Orange XZA is available at factory and whether he should bill it. I immediately gave him go ahead. Finally my car was billed after 52 days from booking date.
Dealer informed me that car should reach at dealership in 4/5days. Dealer provided me Chassis number which I could decode to manufacturing month July and year 2017. Meanwhile dealer called me and asked me to transfer the amount as car is already billed. I told him that I will do the transfer when I check the car in person and after my PDI.
Now I was eagerly waiting for car to arrive and finally car arrived on 20th July. Dealer called me on 20th evening to inform that car has arrived and I can come to do my PDI.

I went to dealership along with my friend next morning. For the first time I saw my car and was blown away with the beauty. Along with my friend we inspected the car.
Following are few of the points we checked.
- Chassis number
- Any scratch marks or dents.
- Interiors neatness
- Power windows.
- Tires
- All the lights
- Music system
- Phone interface and steering mounted controls.
- Battery
- AC cooling
- Engine bay
- Started the car and checked the engine.
- Coolant, Oil levels.
- Odometer read 55Kms, Sales Advisor clarified that they had to drive car for Goa border to showroom and as big Trailers find it difficult to enter Goa due to relatively narrow roads.
View attachment 229469
Odometer At PDI

View attachment 229467
Picture during PDI
View attachment 229468
Picture during PDI

We were satisfied with the car and gave go ahead to the Sales Advisor.
As they had given me quote before GST i had to be given new prices.
Ex Showroom price after GST : 5,35,510 Rs, Reduction of 20K after GST. HURRAY!!!, felt all the wait for the car was worth it ;)
Total Amount : 6,17,567 Rs
Includes: Insurance (Bajaj Alliance[Nil Dep]- 22,276 Rs), Road Tax (48,195 Rs), AMC 2 years and Extended Warranty 2 years and 400 Rs Handling Charges :(

We immediately did RTGS transfer and told them that RTO registration will be done by us.(infact they were ready to do it for free but as i wanted number of my preference i declined).
I informed that I would take delivery on 24th July Monday as it was first day of Shravaan.
Following were the accessories which I bought
- Mats and Mud Flaps (50% Discount)
- Door Edge protector
- Dickey chrome bidding
- Seat covers
- Number Plates
Total amount 11,200 Rs

We took the delivery of car on 24th July morning along with my entire family. I dint forget a small gift for my Sales Advisor and sweets for everyone at the showroom [;)]
Car at home
View attachment 229470
View attachment 229471
View attachment 229472
View attachment 229473
View attachment 229474

First Impression
Fit and Finish
Fit and Finish has improved tremendously for Tata Motors. I would rate it to be very close to Hyundai. Most of the panels are consistent and they are not much gaps as well.

Noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH)
With all the windows rolled up cabin is very silent and one can hardly hear engine even when music system is off. With windows rolled down engine is audible but it is well controlled. At idle I do get very faint vibrations on steering and door handles. One has to really pay attention to catch these vibrations else they are not even noticed. But there are no vibrations when car is on the move. Also there are no vibrations on gear stick at idle.

Handling, Suspension and EPS
EPS is super light at lower speeds and it weighs up very nicely as speed increase. This gives immense confidence at higher speeds and you really enjoy cornering at high speeds with lot of confidence.
Suspension is very good but not as soft as say that of Hyundai i10. It is bit stiff but I think that is good as at higher speeds above 50Km/Hr car just rolls over all the broken roads and undulations. Car feels so planted at higher speed that you get a feeling of driving a bigger car which is much above this class. I just love driving on Ghat sections with lot of turns and bends and it is just fun.

AMT Gear Box
I was bit circumspect about the AMT unit but it has exceeded all my expectations after driving car for 800Kms in all types of terrains. AMT comes with two modes “CITY” and “SPORTS”. In “CITY” mode power delivery is very smooth and I feel it is adequate 95% of time. In “SPORTS” mode you get bit more power and AMT unit it bit more eager to downshift. But I feel in “SPORTS” mode car feels bit jerkier. I always use “CITY” mode and uses “SPORTS” mode just to get that extra bit of power in situations like a quick over take or getting away at traffic signals from standstill.
Initially I was not sure how AMT unit will behave on steep inclines or while climbing/descending Ghats. But it has exceeded all my expectations. AMT unit puts car in perfect gear which is required either while climbing or descending the ghats. I was amazed with the accuracy at which it does that and no confused shifting at all. While descending AMT unit maintains the lower gears just to get that engine breaking which is really confidence inspiring.
I have hardly used Manual mode for doing gear shifting as AUTO mode is more than capable. When car is in 1st gear AUTO/MANUAL CREEP mode is activated which helps immensely to crawl in traffic. Sometimes I do get some jerks or erratic power delivery in CREEP mode but nothing alarming. CREEP mode deactivates automatically once car reaches 10KM/Hr speed.
CREEP mode helps to function as HILL Hold feature. When on inclined if car is stopped then CREEP modes helps by not allowing car to roll back without any brakes or accelerator inputs. It even pushes car in front without any accelerator input. That’s very nice and convenient. But I feel it takes 2/3 secs for CREEP mode to engage once car comes to standstill. Similarly CREEP mode helps to hold car when reversing onto a climb. It doesn’t allow car to roll down even without brake or accelerator inputs but infact pushes car onto the climb. I am very impressed with this AMT unit.

Mileage
After driving car for 800Kms I am getting mileage of 18Km/Ltr as shown on MID. I have still not calculated Tank Full to Tank Full mileage. Above mileage is with 100% AC and CITY mode with occasional SPORTS mode. I am quite satisfied with the mileage so far which I think should increase as car runs in.

AC
AC is a chiller. It chills the cabin quiet fast even after parking car in hot sun. I have so far dint find need to increase fan speed above two.

Music System
Just AWESOME!!! Already everyone knows about it so not repeating again the same.

Seating comfort
Front seats are very comfortable and it is very easy to find the idle seating position with seat height adjustment and steering tilt option. Rear seats are even more comfortable with good enough thigh support. But rear seats are good for 3 average build occupants and not so comfortable for 3 heavy build occupants.

DealerShip Experience
So far the experience at dealer is good. They are courteous and try to answer all my queries without showing any displeasure. But I still feel that the staff lacks in technical knowhow of the car. My Sales Advisor even had wrong impression about extended warranty telling me that it runs in parallel to standard warranty.[frustration] Dealership manager met me on day of delivery and assured me of improved after sales service. Let’s hope for the best 

Verdict
Tiago XZA is just class ahead in terms of value for money provides to its buyer. I am fully satisfied and content with my decision. Anyone looking for an Automatic with budget around 6 lakhs Tiago XZA is the best option.

Some Random Pictures in different Goan Landscapes.
View attachment 229475
View attachment 229477
View attachment 229479
View attachment 229480
View attachment 229481
View attachment 229482
View attachment 229483
View attachment 229484
View attachment 229485
View attachment 229486
Congrats and happy miles ahead

One suggestion to increase the appeal of your car.

Get the bumper strip chrome line or even led strip can be pasted on the horizon strip in the bumper which ends towards the fog lamps both the side. It looks very impressive and am sure it was the part of original design and I was in the impression that it will appear on the Tigor to differentiate it with Tiago but missed finally. It is also there in polo as well as in the image below:

Please read the sticker on the driver door, the yellow one. Its mentions how to drive on an incline. Never use the accelerator to hold the car from rolling back on an incline. You should use the handbrake just as you do in a manual car to stop rolling backwards. When starting in the middle of the incline while holding with handbrake press the accelerator till you see the car resisting the handbrake, then release the handbrake simultaneously. This way you will not wear out the clutch plates.

Thread Starter #8
One suggestion to increase the appeal of your car.

Get the bumper strip chrome line or even led strip can be pasted on the horizon strip in the bumper which ends towards the fog lamps both the side. It looks very impressive and am sure it was the part of original design and I was in the impression that it will appear on the Tigor to differentiate it with Tiago but missed finally. It is also there in polo as well as in the image below:

Yes in fact I wanted to add this chrome strip on bumper but dealership dint have it at the time of delivery. Told them to order one and will get it fitted soon

Please read the sticker on the driver door, the yellow one. Its mentions how to drive on an incline. Never use the accelerator to hold the car from rolling back on an incline. You should use the handbrake just as you do in a manual car to stop rolling backwards. When starting in the middle of the incline while holding with handbrake press the accelerator till you see the car resisting the handbrake, then release the handbrake simultaneously. This way you will not wear out the clutch plates.
Yes you are right one should use handbrake on inclines. I will add that line above. Regarding CREEP mode I was trying to explain that car won't roll back on inclines which can be handy in some emergency situations

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi @TejRocket, congrats on the 1st Tiago XZA on TAI (I suppose). 6L is a steal for an automatic car with all the bells & whistles, and AMC Gold is the icing on the cake, you pay for nothing from brake shoes, wiper blades to the clutch plates.

The color is really outstanding on the Tiago, do post some interior pics, especially the seat covers.

About the AMT, you keep driving on the Auto mode, and the car quickly understands your driving behavior, and adapts accordingly.

Driving the AMT is intoxicating, to put it in perspective, its like drinking a matured "Cashew FENI". I know as have been using Tiago's younger sister my NMG Nano XTA since 10months, my story here.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-mountain-goat-dazzle-blue-tata-nano-xta.html

Last edited:

How much i regret now. When i was on the hunt for a automatic car, i had only the option of Maruti Suzukis and Renault Kwid's and Hyundai Grand i10 AT. I called Tata Dealership for info on Tiago AMT but they never had anything positive to tell me and neither did they had exchange offer to lure me.

So finally i had to go for the Celerio AMT. And then after a few weeks, Tiago AMT arrived. I would have loved to own a Tiago AMT. Please upload few pictures of your Tiago's interiors.

Hi tejRocket,
My hearty wishes on your new ride and wish you millions of happy miles on the car. Wonderful review there my friend, I am always excited to read Tiago reviews. Those photos just wow'ed me with the vibrant colors and angles which are definitely drool worthy [clap]. May I know which phone/camera you used to click these photos?
Looking forward to regular updates on this thread and real world mileage by tank full method. Rated 5 stars [:)].

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12
Hi @TejRocket, congrats on the 1st Tiago XZA on TAI (I suppose). 6L is a steal for an automatic car with all the bells & whistles, and AMC Gold is the icing on the cake, you pay for nothing from brake shoes, wiper blades to the clutch plates.

The color is really outstanding on the Tiago, do post some interior pics, especially the seat covers.

About the AMT, you keep driving on the Auto mode, and the car quickly understands your driving behavior, and adapts accordingly.

Driving the AMT is intoxicating, to put it in perspective, its like drinking a matured "Cashew FENI". I know as have been using Tiago's younger sister my NMG Nano XTA since 10months, my story here.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-mountain-goat-dazzle-blue-tata-nano-xta.html
Thanks a lot Nanofreak :). After driving AMT i find sometime difficult to adjust to my other manual cars. Once I put gear without pressing clutch of a manual car when i drove it immediately after driving Tiago AMT.
I like your Nano XTA thread and keenly follow its update [thumbsup]

Hi tejRocket,
My hearty wishes on your new ride and wish you millions of happy miles on the car. Wonderful review there my friend, I am always excited to read Tiago reviews. Those photos just wow'ed me with the vibrant colors and angles which are definitely drool worthy [clap]. May I know which phone/camera you used to click these photos?
Looking forward to regular updates on this thread and real world mileage by tank full method. Rated 5 stars [:)].
Thanks Prabhagar :)

Your Tiago thread infact inspired me to start a thread for my Tiago. Your thread is well updated and some of your DIY details are really very helpful [thumbsup]. I am not sure how updated i can keep this thread as this car will be mostly driven by my father.
All Photos that i have posted are taken using my Samsung J7 Max phone.

I tried updating original post but it doesn't allow me to edit it with pictures.
So posting here some more snaps.
Tia_1.jpg
Tia_2.jpg
Tia_3.jpg
Tia_4.jpg

Some snaps of the Interiors
Tia_Int_6.jpg
Tia_Int_7.jpg
Tia_Int_8.jpg
Tia_Int_9.jpg
Tia_Int_11.jpg
Tia_Int_12.jpg
Tia_Int_4.jpg
Tia_Int_5.jpg
Tia_Int_1.jpg
Tia_Int_2.jpg
Tia_Int_3.jpg
Tia_Int_10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #13
UPDATE
Completed 1200kms so far. 1st service is due.
Mileage has settled to 15km/l MID and 13.5km/l tank full method. This is with CITY mode 90% and a.c. 100% time.
No issues so far.
Ride is bit stiff at lower speeds but it is just great at higher speeds.

You are so right about the AMT addiction, ever since I bought my NMG, I hardly touch the 2014 WagonR, and whenever I do I forget to change gears.

Have you noticed that, every time you open the driver side door the AMT lets out a warring sound, its the AMT priming. Try listening its a nice reassuring sound of assurance that your AMT is alive and kicking.

Thread Starter #15
You are so right about the AMT addiction, ever since I bought my NMG, I hardly touch the 2014 WagonR, and whenever I do I forget to change gears.
Thats true, it is really very convenient. Though when i switch to my manual cars i feel more connected to the car and that i like immensely. Both has its merits [glasses]

Have you noticed that, every time you open the driver side door the AMT lets out a warring sound, its the AMT priming. Try listening its a nice reassuring sound of assurance that your AMT is alive and kicking.
Yes, i did notice this sound moment one opens the driver side door. I was not sure about source, thanks for this info [:)]

Top Bottom