"Red Devil" (Maruti Wagon-R) 1,96,000 Kms & 12 Years Review

Thread Starter #1
Hello guys, I am from tamil nadu and this is my first post.

Selecting the Red Beast
In 2004 I owner an civic and Zen. I wanted to replace the zen with a new car . I had confusion between i10 and wagon r but declined to wagon r as service was for faster and easier.

About the Red Devil

It is a 2005 wagon r with both petrol and cng.
Thanks great mileage. It was LXI variant. Stock alloys and stock seats.

Course of Life

I had no problen till 10000 kilometres and just did basic service at 5000. And it was running without no problem until 44000km where I changed tires.

Later during 2012 when I had clocked 90000km I had a accident on a junction . A lorry in front and I was behind the lorry parked. But a lorry was coming behind and crashed me forward against the other one. Damn the Red Devil was crashed like a coke. Bonet area gone and rear too. I later claimed insurance and it was back. And no accidents from then till date.

Now it has 196000km on odometer. But it still clocks 120 -140km but above that it becomes too vobly.

Pros and cons:

Pros;
+ cheap and maintainable.
+ Spacious
+ Current mode l has alloy wheels
+ Ground clearance High
+ Compact
+Best city car
+CNG option great mileage.

Cons;
- Too weak body
- car unstable above 100km/hr

I will add photos as soon as possible .

Last edited:
Re: "Red Devil" (Maruti Wagon-R) 1,96,000 Kms and 12 Years Review

A lakh km every 6 years !!! That's very good mileage for a city car. BTW, Maruti should sponsor you to write about your happy story. But then, they do have lot many such happy customers all over India. Wish you many more happy miles.

Nice review. I guess you had the earlier version of 1.1L 4 cylinder engine.

Trust me, the new 3 Cyl 998cc Wagon R is no where close to your car. Peppiness, stability and almost every aspect has been brought down and traded off for a mere new design.

Mileage too isn't that great in the newer version I guess. Please let us know your fuel economy figures in AC/ Non AC, city and highway on Petrol as well as VNG

Top Bottom