My Beautiful Maruti Suzuki Baleno Alpha 1.2 SilverEyez

Thread Starter #1
Maruti Suzuki Baleno Alpha1.2:My Beautiful SilverEyez

SILVEREYEZ

My First Ownership Review

After successfully completing 6 years with my Chevy Beat, I was looking for a bigger car for my family of 4 ( Me, Wife and 2 kids)

The search for a new car was going on about a year back with lots of confusion, whether to buy a new car or second hand D segment sedan. But it all ended when i first saw Alpha Baleno in the night on the Mum-Udaipur highway. Those beautiful white eyes just hypnotised me. And it was final that I'll buy Baleno Alpha.
After a few months visited the Nexa Vashi on 9th Aug'16 to decide on the Colors.

Red, White and Grey were out of decision. Ray blue was good under the sun but looked dull in the night (no offence to other users). Blue was too dark for me. Silver was looking pretty on Alpha with the chrome touches.

Booked the car with 11000₹ and was given a waiting period of 28 weeks. In the meantime, I read each and every article present online about the Baleno.

After months of waiting, finally got the call from SA informing me about the dispatch of my car just few days after the notebandi��,I was looking to pay more in cash. But changed my plan and took a 3 year loan at a very reasonable ROI. The whole process of the loan was handled very professionally by the Nexa team and within 2 days got the approval mail and sms.

SA messaged me the chassis no, Checked the Chassis number and it was a Nov'16 manufactured.

My registration got delayed due to the Online Registration Process going on in the RTO across Mumbai. The delivery date of 15th Dec was delayed with no specific date mentioned by the SA. Wanted the car asap even if it means the last day of the year. Went to the respective RTO and personally took the number after the process started. But the process just got delayed due to various reasons. Finally on 2nd Jan’17 got the sms from RTO about the allotted number. Immediately Informed the SA that I'll be coming in a few hours to take the delivery. Went to the showroom with all my dear ones,mom,wife,bhabhi,kids & nephew.

The delivery process was very smooth with all the documents explained and given to me in a Suzuki Diary. SA explained me quite a lot features of the Car,which however I was knowing. The Panditji did an amazing pooja, the best pooja I have ever had, but back of the mind, I was very excited to get behind the wheels.
Engine was ON as family was sitting in the car while I was performing pooja with Panditji. After the pooja, ran like a kid towards SilverEyez, Adjusted the Seat properly, and off went SilverEyez to her new home.

The joy of first drive cannot be explained in word's.

The first ride was little bumpy due to the tire pressure (40 in front and 45 rear tyres) a normal thing for all new Baleno’s.

Filled up the tank till auto cut-off and adjusted the pressure, and the ride and handling improved a lot.

Much has been already said and discussed about the amazing engine and driving pleasure of the Baleno.

Interiors of Baleno are superb and mind blowing. The Auto AC is very powerful and have hardly used it to its max power, spacious rear and comfortable backseat is a play area for kids on long drives, bright white DRL's are super attractive. The touchscreen music system is lagfree and having amazing speakers and clarity by OEM standards .The Apple Carplay connects seamlessly with the phone making it complete handsfree experience. The autofold ORVM’s are a great advantage, but wish it was connected more like the others, closing with the keyless key buttons, rather than using a switch to close it before locking the car. The light weight of the car is nothing to ponder about in the city, but occasional crosswinds while overtakings are felt on the highways with speeds over 100kmph.

The car has crossed 6000kms and driving each and every km has been a pleasure.The car has done the 2 free services and the 3rd is due in July end.

I have been to 2 long trips in the 1st 3 months, Shirdi & Saputara. Mileage for Shirdi was 21.7(driven below 100) & Saputara it was 20.3 calculated by Tank Full to Tank Full method.

Daily run from Home to Shop gives me a mileage of 11.5 to 13, where it takes me 15mins for a 3km drive. Various one day trips have given me around 19 to 21 kmpl.

Nothing to complain about it till now.

Hoping to cross 10k soon with a long trip to the south.

Lots of updates and travelogues to follow, Thanks for going through my experience with SilverEyez.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
403 kms you are getting around 22.7 is an awesome mileage.
yes, its indeed awesome for a powerful 1.2 ltr engine where my speeds where around 100kmph to 120kmph,but its as per the MID.
MID accuracy is generally 1 or 2 points less. But i have got 22.3/kmpl (Tankful to Tankful method) during a drive to Lonavla. hoping to improve the city mileage after the 3rd Service.

Thread Starter #6
Though the headlights are very powerful in the Alpha,the Foglamps are not so impressive. also the foglamps dont do justice to the overall beauty of the projector drls.so decided to change the foglamps with XP MICRO Bi-Xenon 3inch.
will post the update with lots of beautiful pictures of SilverEyez[:D]

Thread Starter #10
Hi,
Now a days Petrol engines are giving good mileage per Litre. Seems the entire cost spent to be cheaper than Diesel in long term.
Very True.
There are long debates everywhere regarding Petrol vs Diesel cars, in my case, i drive 10k annually and the difference between Alpha petrol and Alpha Diesel was 1.5lacs. i would be keeping this car for more than 5 years,so after lots of calculations i would still be saving.
also after having a Swift Diesel at home i wanted to drive the K-series 1.2 peppy engine.

Hearty Congratulations on your new Baleno [clap]

Wish you many more miles ahead and do upload more pictures [;)]
Thanks Vishnu.
more updates and pics coming soon[:D]

Thread Starter #11
UPDATE
3rd FREE SERVICE
After completing 9900kms, gave the car for 3rd free service @ S K Wheels Turbhe.
Major works = Oil filter was changed(Castrol 0W20),WA/WB done.
Minor works = regular servicing with Gear Knob changed(charged) and front driver doors sensor changed(against warranty)
Total Cost = 2934/-

Hi SilverEyez!

Congratulations on the New Car!

I am also a new owner of a Maruti Suzuki Baleno Alpha 1.2 Petrol ( manual) from Mumbai. Purchased the car on Nov. 9th and I have done about 200 kms so far.

Quick Pros: -

1. The Handling, clutch control, and the gear box is simply superb.
2. Driving comfort is also very good.
3. The engine smoothness is very nice, it is very silent, hardly can feel it in the cabin.
4. Very good rear parking cameras, with sensors and position indicators.
5. Good IC, with all relevant details.

Some cons :-
1. Suspension is a little too hard, and can feel all the bumps in a real bad road.
2. Rear Seat Thigh support is not so great.

Let me know if there is anything that can be done about the suspensions, if something could be done - this will be the best in city driving car.

Also any suggestions on the accessories i have to go far. Following are the ones that i have already done. Any suggestions welcome.

1. Floor Lamination & Mats
2. Door Visor & Door Sil Guards & Mud Flaps
3. Anti rust for car under frame, Engine waxing & teflon coating for paint protection
4. Seat Covers

Considering the below :-
1. Door Moulding & Bumper protectors.
2. Changing Fog lamps to LED

Let me know.

Thread Starter #14
Hi SilverEyez!

Congratulations on the New Car!

I am also a new owner of a Maruti Suzuki Baleno Alpha 1.2 Petrol ( manual) from Mumbai. Purchased the car on Nov. 9th and I have done about 200 kms so far.

Quick Pros: -

1. The Handling, clutch control, and the gear box is simply superb.
2. Driving comfort is also very good.
3. The engine smoothness is very nice, it is very silent, hardly can feel it in the cabin.
4. Very good rear parking cameras, with sensors and position indicators.
5. Good IC, with all relevant details.

Some cons :-
1. Suspension is a little too hard, and can feel all the bumps in a real bad road.
2. Rear Seat Thigh support is not so great.

Let me know if there is anything that can be done about the suspensions, if something could be done - this will be the best in city driving car.

Also any suggestions on the accessories i have to go far. Following are the ones that i have already done. Any suggestions welcome.

1. Floor Lamination & Mats
2. Door Visor & Door Sil Guards & Mud Flaps
3. Anti rust for car under frame, Engine waxing & teflon coating for paint protection
4. Seat Covers

Considering the below :-
1. Door Moulding & Bumper protectors.
2. Changing Fog lamps to LED

Let me know.
Hi Ashok Rajagopal, i am really sorry for the late reply,
First of all,congratulations on your new Alpha.

For the suspensions there is really no solution, how much pressure do you keep in the tires? try to keep it at 29psi for comfort. The car comes with higher PSI from the company.

The accessories list of yours is same as mine, i have done all the above from Nexa itself.

You should definitely go for Door and Bumper protectors, helps a lot from minor scratches and dents.

i have already changed my Foglamp to BI-XENON LED from Xenon Planet and enjoying the night drives.The fog lamps are very powerful and have a good range.

UPDATE
3rd FREE SERVICE
After completing 9900kms, gave the car for 3rd free service @ S K Wheels Turbhe.
Major works = Oil filter was changed(Castrol 0W20),WA/WB done.
Are you using mineral or synthetic Castrol 0W20 engine oil? And how much did they charge for it ?

Top Bottom