Eicher-Polaris Multi-X MX: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Car: Multix MX (Eicher Polaris)
Cost: 3.5L (on road)
Dealer: KJ Automobiles, Tiruchirappalli, Tamilnadu
Booking Date: 24.02.2016
Delivery date: 11.03.2016

It all started like this...
Happened in Dec 2015, that fine day me and my wife were relaxing on the terrace and suddenly she saw a car pass by on the road. She was so much amused by the looks of the vehicle. I wanted to find out what model it was and goggled it. But was not able to find it. Then the very next day it again passed by and this time I got it in my Nikon L830. This time I was not going to give up and made a image search using goggle. Alas! and I found out who it was. It was MULTIX MX.
My wife wanted this car at any cost, so I goggled it again and found the dealers list. I also saw certain videos on youtube which showed some kind of new vehicle roaming in Jaipur. Then finally visited the Multix website and got to know about the specs.
I found the address of the dealer in our place and visited him right away. It was very funny for dealer that I did not even ask for anything about the vehicle. I just wanted to have the vehicle and asked him for a quotation. It was a surprise for me as there was a demo vehicle (Red color) with the dealer and we went for a ride.
Thats it, I drove the vehicle to nearby railway station area where the road is like dirt race track. Surprisingly we felt so comfortable and decided to buy it.

The points to note here is...
1. I did not want to buy a four wheeler. (My dad owns a Fiat and My brother owns Bolero) I could borrow it from them anytime.[:)]
2. We loved our Hero Honda Passion Plus which we have driven for more than 5,54,000 (Yes correct 5 Lakh plus) all across South India, to name a few Ooty, Kodaikanal, Yercaud, Chennai, Bangalore, Kerala.
3. Although I like cars very much, I never wanted to buy one.
But Multix has changed all that.

The ownership part...

Eventhough I decided to buy it, the cost of ownership somewhat failed to impress me. I just made a quick comparison of various vehicles in this price segment. We shortlisted, Maruti Omni, Hyundai i10, Maruti Swift, Gypsy and also a few others.
But nothing seemed to bring a smile on my wife face except Multix.

So decided on Multix I wanted to book it, so we were taken to the workshop to select the vehicle. There was four Multix one yellow, one red and two silver. My wife selected the silver and booked it right way. Then we went to the dealer showroom and paid the token advance on 24.02.2016. I wanted Multix to be delivered on 21.03.2016 (My wife birthday). Made the full payment through NEFT on 05.03.2016 and waited for the delivery. But I got a call on 11.03.2016 that all the RTO and other formalities were completed and our Multix was ready.

Without any hesitation we reached the dealer with our friend to take delivery. Finally after all the poojas and get together we drove home our Multix at 7.30 pm.

First few days...

I never knew that the maximum speed of Multix was around 50 Kms. My wife was very very happy about the speed. Because by the way I play Burnout Paradise she thought that I would engage the same in real life.

I was quite impressed by the comfort level. The fuel economy was unbelievable. Most importantly our Multix was a head turner everywhere we went.

Even though I purchased the rear cover, I removed it and liked the way it looked without it.

After the first 1000 Kms I went to change the oil, air filter etc.

The Second Phase

This time after crossing 1000 Kms we thought of putting our Multix to the real adventure. We drove to a hilltop in a isolated place without any road (the path was created by the water flowing from the hill). It was like a 1000 mts hill with boulders and hard bends, but Multix handled them very easily (Thanks for the excellent ground clearance). I am stating this point because once we reached the top people were not able to beleive that we drove our vehicle in this treacherous condition. That is the power of Multix. Though it looks cute it has a beast hidden inside it.

The Beauty and The Beast
The interior are simple but elegant.
The seat is quite comfortable and good for your posture.
The stearing wheel and gear are well positioned.
The rear seat had some heating issues because the engine was just below it. (But it was solved by placing a Aluminium sheet during my second service

All about Multix
Type of Body Saloon
Seating capacity 5
Fuel Diesel
Cylinders 1
BHP 7.3
CC 511
Unladen Weight 750
Engine system Direct injection, natural aspiration
Fuel tank capacity 11.5
Transmission Manual: 4 forward + 1 reverse
Suspension: Front Hydraulic, McPherson Strut
Suspension: Rear Hydraulic, double wish bone
Tyre size 155/80 R13 79T, radial/tubeless
Brakes: Front & rear Drum, hydraulic
Ground clearance (mm) 172

Engine/Gear/Brake

Engine sound is little bit a concern. It is smooth but not so silent. Torque of this engine is good.

At the time of delivery our Multix was fitted with Constant mess. So the shifting of gears sometimes caused sounds. But after 6 months Multix offered to change it to synchronise gearbox (without any cost)

Braking is also good and simple. The power of its braking capacities was unleased on my first ride to hilltop itself.

Comfort

The most important thing was the driving position. And I must tell you even after driving it for straight 4 hours without any pitstop. I did not feel any discomfort (Trichy to Mayiladuthrai 160 Kms).

The front passenger seat is another comfort zone, the head room and leg room is awesome and you can't find anything like this is any other vehicle.

Electronics
The Multix has a very basic music system. Good enough for daily commute.
Headlamp is very good.
Indicators are spot on.
Brake lights are very good, especially the high raised brake light.

Mileage
Nothing to say here... gives around 28 kmpl. What else do I need.

Latest update....
My Multix has just crossed 9000 kms as on today 30.05.2017 after 44 days

Attachments

Re: Multix MX from Eicher Polaris!

Wow Can't believe you bought a multix to run around town but then makes perfect sense. It probably can even go through those tiny bazaar lanes and bring back multix load of goods in the back eh....I see one of these running around my place of work. BTW how much does one these cost?

Amazing [:)] an outstanding small vehicle and the positives to carry goods around as mini SUV. True utility vehicle

I read somewhere that there is an outlet for electricity. What's the capacity of that

Thread Starter #4

Amazing [:)] an outstanding small vehicle and the positives to carry goods around as mini SUV. True utility vehicle

I read somewhere that there is an outlet for electricity. What's the capacity of that
Yes the capacity is 3KV output and can run for 12 hours using 12 Ltrs diesel.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

This review could be the 1st and perhaps the only ownership review so far of the Multix on a automotive blog. Thanks for sharing a rather detailed review with us buddy. I was the one to do a mild off-road activity with this vehicle for the 1st time in my life[:)]. This thread will surely be of interest to you buddy: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-eicher-polaris-multix-off-roading-event.html. Do keep us updated with the updates on your vehicle. Its definitely a unique vehicle and quite a practical one too.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:

Congrats . This is one of a different kind of ownership!.
I hope you are thoroughly enjoying it.

Is it having commercial board or white board registration?

Wow wow wow, Looks stunning in silver. congrats and hats off :) I am just wondering how do you manage this vehicle on the beautiful highways on Tamilnadu with this top speed!

Thread Starter #8
ilango[speed thirst];539629 said:
Congrats . This is one of a different kind of ownership!.
I hope you are thoroughly enjoying it.

Is it having commercial board or white board registration?
As of now Multix is NOT offering commercial board. Only own board.

Wow wow wow, Looks stunning in silver. congrats and hats off :) I am just wondering how do you manage this vehicle on the beautiful highways on Tamilnadu with this top speed!
The max speed which I got was 53.5. I just stick to the slow lane and drive casually. Only thing is I need to start much early than planned. Even though many vehicles pass me, they always slow down to have a look at our Multix for a moment. That makes me happy.

This review could be the 1st and perhaps the only ownership review so far of the Multix on a automotive blog. Thanks for sharing a rather detailed review with us buddy. I was the one to do a mild off-road activity with this vehicle for the 1st time in my life[:)]. This thread will surely be of interest to you buddy: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-eicher-polaris-multix-off-roading-event.html. Do keep us updated with the updates on your vehicle. Its definitely a unique vehicle and quite a practical one too.

Regards

Akash
My offroad experience with Multix is incredible (Even the company won't believe what this small beast is capable of). Many times we take diversion on uncharted routes without any roads. I will post the video very soon, in which I took Multix on the hill ride without any road. That was one of unforgettable trip for us.

Wow Can't believe you bought a multix to run around town but then makes perfect sense. It probably can even go through those tiny bazaar lanes and bring back multix load of goods in the back eh....I see one of these running around my place of work. BTW how much does one these cost?
Now Multix has upgraded to BSIV the onroad price will be around 4 lakhs.

bhvm

Honoured Member

Wow.
The Multix is being marketed as an agricultural vehicle but in reality, they should have done it as an off road & recreational vehicle. Some mods of this and you have something like a a Baja vehicle ready!

Hi,
Congrats for acquiring an out of the box 4 wheeler as a personal transport, a micro pick up truck (for it's go anywhere attitude).

With your DIY skills you can do much with the flatbed blank canvas.

All the best.

Regards
Vinod

Congrats on your new vehicle and wish you millions of happy miles with it.
Honestly I never knew this one existed, you will definitely enjoy the exclusivity everywhere you go [thumbsup]. Please share some more pics with us and request you to keep this thread up to date with your ownership experience.

I read your DIY speakers thread first and was wondering what car is this. That was a good thread too.

Thats cute and funny Multix. congrats on your buy, it should be one beater and fun around car. how does it sound? post a video..

Thread Starter #14
Thats cute and funny Multix. congrats on your buy, it should be one beater and fun around car. how does it sound? post a video..
It sounds like a mild diesel auto during start, but the sound subsides when reaching top speed.

That's one little cute head turner 4 wheeler on road! Congrats!
Can you please post some interior pics as well?
Does it have A.C.? (I know I am being too demanding. [lol])
That electric outlet is a good feature it has.

Top Bottom