Last weekend, i had a great long drive to my hometown (> 500 KMs).
The butter smooth highway was tempting me to go faster. Since it was a day time travel, i decided to punch it up (Remember - I had not crossed 100-110 KMpH since delivery) and check how the stability and reliability was at high speeds.
Ideally, i thought of sharing a travelogue for this trip but my first trip's travelogue is due since 6 months.
I always know it is really crazy, fun and more importantly dangerous to drive at high speeds. Sometimes, one needs to experience fun when the time is right. So, i went for it trusting her as my guardian angel!
I clocked 180 KMpH at the max in a straight stretch, where the constant speed was 140-150 KmpH & average speed was of journey was about 120-130 KMpH.
Things i wanted to pen down about the reliability and stability of the car:
- I did not feel the car drifting/ loosing even a bit of control in sharp turnings and overbridge turnings at high speeds.
- In about 30-45 seconds of driving in 180 KMph, i realised that the steering becomes a bit shaky and got the road's feedback.
- I was able to maintain a constant speed in most of my journey with ease. Did not have to jump on the accelerator.
- Braking is very much reliable (Thanks to ABS
- The power steering becomes pretty tighter on high speeds, which helps you control the car in a effecient way.
- There was no need to change the gears frequently when overtaking.
- The arm rester & dummy clutch pedal is really a boon for long travels.
All in all i enjoyed my long drive and had a feel that i was into a safety cage
. Wish Honda had a Diesel heart and NH's had no toll booths with the same quality of road
Other ANHC owners: Do let us know about your drive's stability.