Originally Posted by krishna6239
I think its due to design of synchromesh. It doesn't allow to easy slotting of reverse gear from neutral directly. You wouldn't have that issue if you first slot it into first and then into reverse.
As per hyundai engineers it just to prevent accidental shifting into reverse.
This method should work everytime right ? But that's not the case.
Today engaged reverse gear , it got stuck , i slotted into first and then reverse it again got stuck.
Completed 700kms of driving. Would like to share my experience.
1. Reverse gear doesn't slot freely many times.
2. Even though it's been more than a month i couldn't find a proper seating position
I drive the verna in the morning and then shift to elantra in the evening. I am comfortable in the verna but as soon as i sit in the elantra i feel a little odd. I don't know if its the seat cushioning or what or maybe because of the armrest.
I felt the same thing in figo and only after getting the seat covers i found the seats comfortable.
3. Brakes are excellent. I avoided some morons and the car brakes performed really well.
4. The headlamps throw is very good. My friend having the new tucson said my elantra's halogen headlamps seems better than his tucson's HID.
5. Auto Headlamp turns on even when there is a good amount of light. They turn on around 6:00 pm in the evening now a days and i don't think i require them until 7:00 pm. Looks odd with the only car on the road with headlamps on.
6. My samsung galaxy s6's sound output is not upto the mark. I found out that iphone sound output is much better when connected via bluetooth when i checked in my friend's car. i am thinking to check the sound level via a usb or an iphone.
The music system seems below average otherwise.
7. The navigation system is really good. Tells you with visual aid which road to take.
8. Power delivery is really good and the car never felt underpowered.