My New Angel - Dew White Tata Manza Safire Aura ABS

Thread Starter #1
DISCLAIMER: the experience shared here is my personal opinion and no offence or disrespect is intended to any person, any company, any car or their owner(s).
I am new to this world so kindly forgive me of my ignorance or lack of knowledge as I am presenting the following experience as a Layman

Hello to all this is my first post here so please bear with me,

The quest for our new car began when I was in my final year and I got placed. My relatives asked my parents what are they going to gift me and
my parents said car. We had a Maruti 800 that was a 1998 model so it was one of the reason as well I was surprised a bit initially but became
happy and in this way the headhunting started.

Our Priorities were follows:
1. A petrol car as our running was low.
2. Budget was below 8 Lakhs INR.
3. We wanted a sedan but some hatches were also considered.
4. Features like ABS, fog lamps were also desirable.

We shortlisted the following cars: Maruti Suzuki Swift/ Dzire, Fiat Linea, Hyundai Accent, Hyundai Verna, Ford Fiesta and Tata Indigo Manza

1.Maruti Suzuki Swift/Dzire:
What We Liked:
a. Peppiness
b. Maruti After Sales Service(USP of Maruti).
c. Big Boot.
d. Fuel Efficiency

What we Dis-Liked:
a. High waiting period(4-5 months).
b. Not so good looking boot.
c. Rear seats were cramped a bit for 3 people

It was rejected largely because of the higher waiting period at that moment.

Then we visited a Hyundai showroom(don't remember the name) for having a look at Accent

2.Hyundai Accent: when we went into the showroom I instantly felt that Accent was a classy car. It had a nice interior and it felt professional. Again the
salesperson were up to us instantly (same as at Maruti showroom). He showed us the car.
What we Liked:
a. Car looked classy.
b. Powerful 1.5L(95 PS) engine.
c. Delivery within 2 days.

What we didn't liked:
a. It's a ageing car and probably going to be replaced.
b. Height of the car was rather low.
c. I found the features in the car a bit old.

It was in contention for many days after being rejected.

3.Hyundai Verna and Ford Fiesta: we also saw the verna there and again I kind of liked the powerful engine but again I found the car lacking its own
character and the looks outside and inside were not good according to us so we rejected it.
We had heard many things about Ford's A.S.S which were not so good so didn't much consider fiesta into perspective.

4. TATA Indigo Manza: I saw an advertisement of TATA in the newspaper comparing Manza and Dzire, so then we went to have look at it. So we went to Urmil
Motors in Ghaziabad to my surprise a salesman attended us the moment we went in ( contrary to what we usually read about TATA's showroom antics ), he
showed us the car and we were instantly feeling good about it.
What we liked:
a. Car felt completely VFM.
b. Big large boot.
c. I liked the interiors very much especially the speedometer console and the Blaupunkt music system.
d. Premium backseat comfort.
e. we took a test drive and I didn't found the car underpowered.

What we disliked:
a. The design of the boot although I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either.
b. Car felt big while driving and the visibility in ORVM is not so good.

We instantly liked the car. But then a funny thing happened, my dad went to our home town Jodhpur for some work and one of his friends has a TATA
dealership over there. He went there to see MANZA again but this time the salesman also showed him the LINEA as well and my dad fell for it, after he came back
he was really serious about buying a Linea( EMOTION PACK PK). We were engulfed in what essentially became a MANZA vs. Linea dog fight. FIAT India was offering
some serious discounts on Linea at that moment and combine with the CSD discount we were getting Linea pretty cheap.

But yeah after thinking so much on this and considering the A.S.S of FIAT we decided to go for Manza.
Now was the time to pick up the variant, we went from base to top and then again to the base variant( just like sensex or price of the crude oil).
Ultimately we picked up Manza Safire Aura ABS as my parents were a bit sceptical about having good brakes.
We took it in white colour. We paid the amount via DD on 23rd December and got the car on 6th January.

Attachments

Welcome to TAI Safire. That's a very well written report , congratulations Manza looks great in white too! I have driven the car and the engine is super smooth and refined!

Your choice is good and out of the list i would say Manza is the best VFM car! Still Linea too is a good car and Fiat's A.S.S is good in some places!

Thread Starter #3
Welcome to TAI Safire. That's a very well written report , congratulations Manza looks great in white too! I have driven the car and the engine is super smooth and refined!

Your choice is good and out of the list i would say Manza is the best VFM car! Still Linea too is a good car and Fiat's A.S.S is good in some places!
thanks cooldhaya.

The moment I got onto the driver's seat and started the car I myself was surprised as there was no noise whatever from the engine. Initially I was stressed because I had only driven a 800 till date and Manza was much bigger then that.
regarding Linea, as my dad is a Govt. employee so he can get transferred to anyplace in India and it would be difficult to get service for FIAT over there. I mean we all know about TATA's treatment towards FIAT.

Last edited:
Hi Akshay,

Welcome to The Automotive India. I must say you did a lot of research prior to the purchase of your angel. Do tell us more about yourself in a seperate thread.
Have a pleasant stay.

Cheers,
Akash

Thread Starter #5
Hi Akshay,

Welcome to The Automotive India. I must say you did a lot of research prior to the purchase of your angel. Do tell us more about yourself in a seperate thread.
Have a pleasant stay.

Cheers,
Akash

Thanks Akash.
Ya we started off this whole saga in august and the car came in January.
We often joke that if we would booked a DZire at that moment we would even have got it by now( or may be earlier).
But you know now I am happy that we didn't went after the DZire.

350Z

Core Team
First off, Congratulations for getting home the Indigo Manza. Just like your dad, I have too sold my heart to the Linea. I think that Linea would also have been a better choice, and as far as the after sales is concerned; Tata Motors is handling that department currently for Fiat cars. Nonetheless, Manza isn’t a bad choice either, I personally like almost everything about this car, other than the slightly boxy rear end. Enjoy and do keep us posted.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #7
First off, Congratulations for getting home the Indigo Manza. Just like your dad, I have too sold my heart to the Linea. I think that Linea would also have been a better choice, and as far as the after sales is concerned; Tata Motors is handling that department currently for Fiat cars. Nonetheless, Manza isn’t a bad choice either, I personally like almost everything about this car, other than the slightly boxy rear end. Enjoy and do keep us posted.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks 350Z.
I believe Linea is one such car with whom you can fell in love in a single moment. I am starting to see lots of Linea's on Delhi's roads nowadays that too petrol.
yup the boot is something which I don't love either.( although I don't hate it as well) :biggrin:

re: My New Angel - DEW WHITE MANZA SAFIRE AURA ABS; 1000km Update

Welcome to TAI.

Nice report along with photos. manza is a nice upgrade by TATA which is selling well.

i am from delhi too.

@ Safire90:Welcome to TAI.
Wish you miles of Safe & Happy Motoring with your New acquisition.

Thread Starter #11

Welcome to TAI . it seam we are getting more and more delhi people here :)

your car is looking good ;)
thanks mastersquall.
I guess Delhi people are becoming more and more net savvy and using internet for things except chatting!

Welcome to TAI.

Nice report along with photos. manza is a nice upgrade by TATA which is selling well.

i am from delhi too.
thanks anmol_1990
Ya manza is a nice car and if you remove the TATA badge and present the car, people won't say that it is a TATA.
Things are changing in the Maruti dominated market and for good.

@ Safire90:Welcome to TAI.
Wish you miles of Safe & Happy Motoring with your New acquisition.
thanks mukeshus...

Congratulation for the car

And congrats for the wise family!! yeah 8L budget and petrol option chosen!

Mostly in India people prefer diesel even in 3L budget.

Even the manza we have just crossed 3600 kms for these many months .But its diesel! It should be petrol but no one in my family was ready as i already own a petrol lancer.

Manza keeps you entertained !!
cheers

Nice colours and pictures!
A complete VFM buy!
Wish you happy miles with your Angel :)

Thread Starter #14

ilango[speed thirst];63552 said:
Congratulation for the car

And congrats for the wise family!! yeah 8L budget and petrol option chosen!

Mostly in India people prefer diesel even in 3L budget.

Even the manza we have just crossed 3600 kms for these many months .But its diesel! It should be petrol but no one in my family was ready as i already own a petrol lancer.

Manza keeps you entertained !!
cheers
thanks 'ilango[speed thirst].
well the reason we chose petrol was because our monthly running is low
and it would have been a waste of money if we would have chosen diesel. Moreover diesel cars are comparatively difficult to maintain.

Nice colours and pictures!
A complete VFM buy!
Wish you happy miles with your Angel :)
thanks paddu.

@safire90
What is the current tyre profile?
Are you planning any upgrade or may be alloys? They would sure look amazing with the White Manza!

Top Bottom