FORever Defective: Horror Story with Ford EcoSport

Thread Starter #1
We buy a car for pleasure and commute. Imagine buying a car which takes away both factors off your ride.

We all know how were were forced to buy accessories worth 20K with EcoSport or buy 50K accessories to buy an Ecosport. Reflects on the ethics of the company or rather lack of it. Imagine same company saving dealers who puts people's lives at risk by Lying to customer that Mandatory Recall has been performed or When Service Advisor lie to you that 40K service does not require Brake Fluid change or when PARTS FAIL In less than 200 KMS.

I have had horrible time with FORD ECOSPORT and title reflect the same. Coming from a guy who never had issues with Hyundai in 7 Years or Honda. Why this FORD??

Issue list is endless and even basics are missed. Imagine spending a month at workshop because they swap parts with other cars. I was offered same in case of Throttle Body which I refused.a vehicle full or defects

Hear the noise of fam motor.Fan Motor replaced and reason given was too much dust. What crap.
https://youtu.be/RDJsjCsY2Ec

Ford Replaced Fan Motor and in less than 200 KMs same noise is back.

They gave the reason when changing the Fan Motor it was due to Dust. What is the excuse now? This is recent update as of yesterday.

Safety recall not performed by the dealer. Astro Ford did not perform the same. I had spent over 2-3 hours at workshop. I only got to know about this at Harpreet Ford at 40K service. What a crap thing to do.

Service advisor not being aware of change of Brake fluid at 40K service. When you give feedback, Ford India lying to cover up the same. Harpreet Ford Moti Nagar. Video evidence available. I saw the invoice and asked him why same was not done. He said it is not required and later when I forced them they said it was performed. Only issued an invoice when I had a word with Service Manager for same.Ford is NOT ACCEPTING SA part. Imagine a customer life is worth 800-900 Rs.

They saying it was not part of Flexi Plan. Point is I was ready to pay, also their leadership in email wrote to me all was covered. Mr Rathi also instructed SA who simply was not aware. Why not accept the feedback. Instead they showing it as good will gesture. WHAT A SHAME!!!!!

RPM shifts every 5-12 seconds during idling.
Company took 2 months to replace throttle body and said it was not a fault. Just for my satisfaction they replaced it.
What a Joke. Why no RPM shift exst now. Pre and Post Video available. Reason given was DUST in Delhi. It was when car had clocked just 9K. All this while Average of car was 50% of normal.

Door handle hit during service. Not once, Twice at Harpreet Ford. Video Evidence available. Engineer accepted the same it was new hit.

Invoice not given by dealer. When asked for same, they give it on A4 BLANK PAPER. Beat it..BLANK PAPER. Images shared with leadership.

They used BLACK CELLO TAPE to fix ambient light. Light fell off by the time I reached home. Pictures available. What a Joke!!!!

What is shocking is customer service team is hell bent on saving the Dealership instead of taking the feedback. I never asking for anything. They offered Free Service and Extended Warranty on their own and now showing it as if I asked for it.

I have filed a complaint with Department of Consumer Affairs against Ford. Will update every customer on FB website.

Legal notice will be sent once I am free from present office work cycle. Off course will press for damages and for putting my life at risk.

Point is they never accept an issue and show all as customer wishful thinking and even service or part shown is shown as Goodwill Gestures.

EVEN IN LAST ISSUE OF FAN MOTOR, IT IS BACK in less than 200 KM. Can this car be not used with AC???

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your troubles. It's really tough and heart breaking to see these things happening to a new car. You have done the right thing by going to the consumer forum. Keep us posted about the developments.

Re: FORever Defective - Horror Story with EcoSport

They gave the reason when changing the Fan Motor it was due to Dust. What is the excuse now?

FORever Defective - Horror Tale with FORD INDIA
Man we both seem to be in same boat. Though I have problems with TATA and not Ford (never owned it).

Had plenty of issues with my TATA Manza diesel (now sold) and now TATA Tiago Diesel.

My Tiago's engine mounting have broke twice, car has been driven only 4,400 km.

TATA should change their name to TUTA :lol!:

They gave the reason when changing the Fan Motor it was due to Dust. What is the excuse now?

FORever Defective - Horror Tale with FORD INDIA
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope your issue resolves as soon as possible. Some times resistor issues may cause this type of problem.

My Tiago's engine mounting have broke twice, car has been driven only 4,400 km.
That's something messed up. Twice broke at ODO 4.4K kms ... [surprise]. Check whether frame/unibody is bent. If not check balance shaft. Last option is issue with bushing and rubber or lack of heat shield.
TATA should change their name to TUTA :lol!:
Couldn't control laughter [lol]

Last edited:

TATA SAFARI = TUTA KABADI

I've bigger horror story of this elephant which cremated herself in 3rd year and 1.2 lakhs KMs.
Oh man but you still did 1.2 lac km. I sold my Diesel Manza at 29k km on odo.

Irony is my DP is of my lemon Manza and your Handle name is dicor.

Last edited:
Oh man but you still did 1.2 lac km. I sold my Diesel Manza at 29k km on odo.

Irony is my DP is of my lemon Manza and your Handle name is dicor.
Ill fate began at 1000 KMs. Rear door started rattling, fixed it again rattle in another 1000 km. At 80000 KMs, timings chain broke and engine seized, At 90000 turbo failed. at 100000 decided to sell and at 1,20,000, she burnt herself into ashes while we were on our way back to home. Service center manager accepted that my Safari was lemon[/B]

wrt DP and Alias name. Could't stop laughing on this.
Well we are just TATA Fans. TATA is not kind to TATA Sons nowdays (#CyrusMistry),

It is a pity that we don't have any sort of Lemon Laws to protect the consumer interest.
We do have, provided that we show interest and dedication. In 2004, I dragged ICICI and won the case. It took 1.6 years to get the justice.

Lot of people back-out fearing of cost and time involved in this. Though some of the things are just myth. If government make process easier, I am sure lot of people are their who will teach these companies a strong lesson.

Ah whats wrong with these plastic-metal computers on wheels that we drive these days?
Too many idiots driving on streets everywhere around the world. Considering safety of rest of population, engineers installed computers to prevent people getting killed by these idiots. As computers are more reliable than driving skills of these idiots.

Everything is made so flimsy. I sometimes feel the days of thick metal and strong bumpers were better than todays era of Plastic, Sensors and features.
I agree with you on this, Too much safety bring negligence along with it. I have seen people drive very rash just because their car is equipped with ABS with EBD [Dual caliper on expensive death traps].

bhvm

Honoured Member
Computers and reliable? (Windows XP errors came to mind[frustration])
Slightly more than human idiot. But not even half as reliable as well trained driver/owner.

When you had issues with your Manza and forcefully you have to sell it on 29K km.I didn't find why you consider a TATA again.
Don't remember all of them, to list few :-
  • Turbocharger failed twice, once at 2000 km and other at 26,000 km
  • Oil leaked when car was parked
  • Water leakage in boot area. TASS wasn't able to rectify it, solved it myself
  • Suspensions have been changed twice

I bought Tiago, because we wanted as small car as possible but with good build quality, so there wasn't much option available. But now my priority have shifted from build quality to reliability.

Don't remember all of them, to list few :-
  • Turbocharger failed twice, once at 2000 km and other at 26,000 km
  • Oil leaked when car was parked
  • Water leakage in boot area. TASS wasn't able to rectify it, solved it myself
  • Suspensions have been changed twice

I bought Tiago, because we wanted as small car as possible but with good build quality, so there wasn't much option available. But now my priority have shifted from build quality to reliability.
In that case Polo or Figo would be a better choice.Personally I would consider the Polo as it is a German make and it also gives superb reliability.
Thanks.

Top Bottom