@ Avindu Thanks bro , yeah i am using the 18-55mm kit lens , will upgrade to a better lens soon!
@ Ilango Maybe , but i don't find any significant increase in Chennai despite giving a 2Lakh discount! First trip in Aria , enjoyable indeed!
@ Raj Well i din't know that Aria is looking that much royal! And i was more surprised because he himself was a TATA driver and i din't expect that from him. I always see most of the Indica drivers turn and look at the car each time! BTW
Aria completes it's one year with us today. Same time last year i was at the dealership waiting for delivery!
Aria has clocked 23k KMS till now and not a major problem faced apart from few niggles.
Niggles i faced in one year are:
1. The chrome strips on the door handles are very fragile , they break easily! The strip in my rear left door handle has completely come out.
2. I faced this ESP and TCS error showing up on the MID twice. Both the times the problem was solved on the same day by TASS.
3. The MID started shuffling itself on its own one day but regained normalcy once i fiddled with the controls.
4. The audio HU hangs sometimes! None of the buttons work but the song keeps playing! Switching it OFF and ON again solved the problem each time. Nothing major though , in my one year of ownership this happened only 4-5 times. I have seen even BMW owners telling their i-drive hangs so i think TATA can be spared here!
5. The minor accident i faced where the rear windshield had to be replaced. Paint job was average but everything was put back well , no rattles or squeaks till now!
Apart from these i am a very happy and proud owner. The only mistake TATA made was make it look like an MUV and Innova like looks. I feel that if Aria was designed as a macho SUV with a flat bonnet people would have considered it more!People started comparing Aria with Innova as they look similar and started comparing the prices! Our's is still a market where space and comfort are given preferences over performance and features. So people started telling when i get the comfort and space at 14Lakhs why should i spend 19Lakhs for Aria without knowing what "EXTRA FEATURES" Aria offers over the Innova and my god the list is huge!
People call it a flop but IMO
it's not doing well only because of its price tag which is made to look even expensive after the launch of XUV. If you don't mind paying the premium then Aria is definitely a great car and clearly one of the best from TATA motors! And also as a bonus for the premium you will get the exclusivity!
People started going ga-ga over Fortuner but once it became common people started ignoring it , nowadays even XUV 5OO is getting common in the streets , i see atleast 2 or 3 each day! But with the Aria , people still turn their heads wherever you take the car even after a year of its launch!