My New Hyundai i10 Era

Thread Starter #1
Hello TAIans.This is Alok.I live in Delhi.So the story begins here..

On last Monday,mom n dad went to sunrise Hyundai to book an i10.We had already decided our requirements so without wasting time,we booked a blushing red i10 era next gen.The dealer offered us floor mats,mud flaps,Autocop gear lock and a basic Autocop central lock as freebies.The net amount payable was 4,00,000.One good thing about this deal was that there was no waiting period for the delivery.Since our loan took some time to get sanctioned we waited a few days n got it on Friday.On Saturday morning,our sales man called us n told us the reg. number.We agreed to it n told him that we will reach at 11.so when we reached there and the gear lock was already installed and the c.lock was being installed.then mom n dad were talking to the sales person and the dealer about the deal and during that time i was looking my red beauty . I id some pdi and took some pics of the car.Unfortunately can't post the pics as my digicam's usb cable is missing but will post them when i find the cable.

So my question is what things should i take care of the new car??Also do i need costlier the petrols like xtra premium or speed or just the normal petrol??

All comments and questions are welcome.Thank you

350Z

Core Team
Welcome to The Automotive India, Alok! Also, congratulations for booking the New Hyundai i10. Many other members of our forum also own the same car, so feel free to share any issues / experiences. The similar query has been previously answered, Please refer to this thread (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...surfer-aka-new-gen-i10-kappa-sportz-vtvt.html). About the fuel - Normal Petrol will be adequate since the noticeable difference isn't much. Initially, I also used to fill the Xtra Premium, but now switched to the Normal.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Congratulations Alok and a very warm welcome to The Automotive India.
Please dont pay extra for silly premium petrol which do nothing good to the engine. Fill your tank with normal petrol from a trusted bunk. Also dont overspeed till the first 1000kms. This is a good practice to maintain a new car.
Enjoy your stay aboard.

Cheers,
Akash

Alok, warm welcome to The Automotive India.

congratulations for your new ride.

i would recomend for at least 3000kms :
avide rides above rpms say above 3500.
do not go beyond 80kmph
always give warm up time of 2minutes before you move,(even though no turbo charger it is good for engine life).
do not be harsh on breaks , gear and clutch let it take its own time to free up.
keenly observe the changes whether positive or negative as days passes with your new ride.
be very selective and carefull about your fuel.
happy and safe driving.
cheers

Thread Starter #5
Thanks 350Z,Akash and jayadev.
By the way,What are other security options available for my car?Do i really need them or the gear lock is enough??

Hello TAIans.This is Alok.I live in Delhi.So the story begins here..

On last Monday,mom n dad went to sunrise Hyundai to book an i10.We had already decided our requirements so without wasting time,we booked a blushing red i10 era next gen.The dealer offered us floor mats,mud flaps,Autocop gear lock and a basic Autocop central lock as freebies.The net amount payable was 4,00,000.One good thing about this deal was that there was no waiting period for the delivery.Since our loan took some time to get sanctioned we waited a few days n got it on Friday.On Saturday morning,our sales man called us n told us the reg. number.We agreed to it n told him that we will reach at 11.so when we reached there and the gear lock was already installed and the c.lock was being installed.then mom n dad were talking to the sales person and the dealer about the deal and during that time i was looking my red beauty . I id some pdi and took some pics of the car.Unfortunately can't post the pics as my digicam's usb cable is missing but will post them when i find the cable.

So my question is what things should i take care of the new car??Also do i need costlier the petrols like xtra premium or speed or just the normal petrol??

All comments and questions are welcome.Thank you
First of all congratz! You got a good deal there.

First thing to take care, is to drive carefully. Work on your gearing and braking techniques. If you are going to wash it by yourself then please get microfiber towel first or at least pure cotton cloth otherwise you will end up with swirling on your car paint.

Talking about petrol, please don't compromise on it and get the xtra permium/speed petrol only because they are recommended for mpfi engines.

350Z

Core Team
Thanks 350Z,Akash and jayadev.
By the way,What are other security options available for my car?Do i really need them or the gear lock is enough??
You do really need them. As a starter, You can opt for the Gear lock and Steering lock, and depending upon budget, the choices are many. Please refer to the following threads to understand why I have highlighted "Do". :smile:

- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ecurity-features-thread.html?highlight=safety

- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...mpt-mahindra-scorpio-vlx.html?highlight=theft

- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...eft-delhi-stolen-ecu-mp3.html?highlight=theft

Drive Safe,
350Z

Welcome to TAI Alok and congratulations on getting your i10 , IMO its the next hottest selling hatch after Swift with minimum waiting periods!

Like others said drive slowly or normally for the first 1000KMS atleast and use only normal fuel. Park your car at safe places only! Rest if you have any specific doubts ask them here and our members will be glad to help you out.

do not go by what is hot selling . but listen to reliable sources and your senses.

and hyundai i10 is definitly a great car.
power full and tasty. very very handy and handful compared to suzuki counterparts .

ps:-i remember long ago i had a desire to own an i10 for some great reason .but didnt work.

Top Bottom