Mahindra Xylo D4: My Pre-Worshiped Mile Muncher!!

Thread Starter #1
Hello TAI buddies,

I don't know how many ownership reviews written for an used TAXI in TAI, I may be the first one :-)
In November/December i had an itching of entering into TAXI business, I also got in touch with a good driver who was interested.

Budget
4 lacs. Did not want to take loan and I always considered this business as high Risk. Did not want to invest more than 4 lacs even though it would have made more sense buying a new car with loan.

Which car?

Since we already have our Punto Twins at home (2011 EM Pk and 2016 EVO Emotion), always wanted a 7 seater, which would also serve as family vehicle if my parents or my brother's family is travelling together.
Searched few used XYLOs, Also came across 2011 ARIA but seller changed his word at last minute.

I came across a used Xylo 2012 model D4 97K driven from a broker. I test driven the car and quite liked it. Engine seems to be in good shape, very less vibrations.

Finalized the deal for 4.1 lacs including Transfer Charges.

I have spent below
1) Insurance - 22,900
2) 100k km service - 9,700 ( All Oils changed)
3) New seat covers & New Mats - 8200 (Not happy with seat cover, I went for ready mate seat covers and I think i made wrong decision Within a month it feels loose and should have got it stitched, my bad)
4) Fuel tank indicator was Not working, Cleaning Fuel tank and repair - 4,500
5) Washing including Interior - 1000
6) Wheel Alignment & Balancing - 500

Total Cost - 4.56 Lacs

What i Liked
  • Space, space and more space. This car is most underrated 7/8 seater. It has the best 3rd row seats, i bet better than old Innova. I am 5'11 i sat for 500 kms in 3rd row with zero pains after getting down. It has pretty good leg room and under thigh support.
  • Road view, you can feel you are riding a SUV(MPV rather), Autowallas, bikers generally don't come your way
  • Dedicated A/C vents to 2nd and 3rd Row passengers and its a chiller
  • Cheap spares and its available every where, most of the FNGs know how to repair XYLOs

What i don't like.
  • Not efficient: I am getting 12.5 kmpl in City (90% Night driving) without A/C and 11.5 with A/C
  • High NVH specially when Idling
  • Hard clutch
  • Brakes are not confident inspiring, may be i am spoiled with my Punto Twins
  • Body roll, you can feel it, you would rub shoulders with your co passengers while turning and changing lanes. However, In 3rd row Its better than scorpio (I think mainly because of Road facing 3rd row)

Few Snaps

Attachments

Thread Starter #2
Re: MAHINDRA XYLO D4 - My Pre-worshiped Mile Muncher !!

Issues

In the first week itself had a major issue, I was travelling to Basara temple (~ 250kms from Hyderabad) with my family While returning suddenly "Check Engine" light came on dashboard and Fuel supply was cut making accelerator pedal dead. Luckily we stopped the car safely and restarted the car accelerator was back however it again occurred twice before reaching Hyderabad.

Went to Automotive Mf. Mahindra, Suchitra circle, they diagnosed and said its due to bad fuel and gave an estimation of 35k (don't exactly remember what parts they advised to change). It was way out of budget and my driver suggested a small garage in Kukatpally. Mechanic quickly diagnosed and said problem is with bad fuel and need replacement of fuel bed (which holds fuel filter) and quoted 5500 including the spare. He gave the car next day and problem gone. Now, I know where to go when my XYLO gets into trouble.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Congrats on the Mile Muncher.
You're right. Xylo is very understated performer. The comfort is actually better than Innova. Infact, this is the only indian MUV where adults can fit in 3rd row.

FE is slightly low, but not too bad. I think it will come to 13 after servicing and injector cleaning.

Congrats @Narendrapathi, I was glad I could suggest you from my Xylo experience and it was a decent deal at 4L. I agree on your observations especially, it has lot of space and good under thigh support. Also coming to cons, yes the body roll is the max I have seen in any car and its even more due to the fact that its too tall. Also the rearward visibility is very poor.

Top Bottom