My Pre-Owned 2012 Honda City V AT Urban Titanium: The Panda City

Thread Starter #1
I have been driving Celerio Vxi AMT for more than a year. It was all good but missing out on ABS & Airbags. When I brought Celerio during 2015 it did not have the optional package for ABS & Airbags as it's available now. My usage is 80% city & 20% Highway. Recent times my highway % started increasing slowly as my son is growing and we want to do more trips. Hence I wanted a bigger car with lots of boot space. Trust me we pack the entire house when we go outstation. Safety was a must. I did not want to go manual gear option again. So it has to be automatic.

Requirement
  • Needed Sedan for long trips with full luggage
  • ABS+Airbags
  • Automatic
  • Cruise control. Automatic with Cruise Control is the right way to go as you do not need to change the gears when you press resume button in highways.
I had a fixed budget of max 8 lakhs. With this budget, new car was out of options. Only two cars in the used market had met all my requirements HONDA City 2012 to 2013 model & Honda Civic. Civic was ruled out because of the lower GC and everyone in Bangalore knows how important that is.
Honda introduced the Cruise control way back in 2012 with the Honda City. No other C segment car had this option during that time.

Started my search in OLX and all other online portal. Since my search option was set to Honda City 2012 to 2103 only, I had very few options to look for. Some of the owners pricing was very high and up to 8.5 lakhs not negotiable
Then one-day morning I saw an ad of Honda City V AT Urban Titanium. I saw the KMS run and was shocked. It was Nov 2012 model just completed 7070kms. I got suspicious about the reading and at the same time excited. Had a detailed chat with the owner and he said it's all genuine and no tampering was done. Visited his place the same evening and to my surprise the car was all new. Interiors were as good as new no scratches in dashboard or door panels. I went through the service history called up Honda service next day and it’s all genuine. Was very happy to find a car with such low mileage and considered myself very lucky. This car is as good as a new car one can get. Negotiated a good price and closed the deal

The car had already the following accessories added by the previous owner
  • Augusta Original leather seats
  • Caska Head Unit with touch screen and GPS navigation
  • Reverse Parking Camera

Positives
  • Extremely silent engine and even when revved the engine note is sweet and not disturbing
  • Wind noise is damped very well even at speeds of about 120
  • Seating position is very comfortable and one does not get tired after long journeys
  • Car looks modern even after so many years. Thanks to the aero design.
  • Interior space & Quality
  • Feeling of premium interiors
  • Default speakers are more than sufficient and has a good bass. No need for an upgrade.

Negatives
  • Ride is bumpy at high speeds when there are undulations in the road.
  • Pick up is dull
  • Brakes have a long play. Not sure if this is only in my car. Can anyone help me on this? I must press the pedal more to stop the car.
  • Auto lock is not present above 20 kmph. Need to manually lock the car every time.
  • Dead pedal is placed too low.

Well my son just loves the car and calls it as Panda City. I thought the name he kept was very cute

After buying the car I immediately changed the tyres to Michelin Primacy 3ST 195/60 R15 at Madhus Enterprise Bangalore.

Been very busy with work. Yet to take some good snaps of the car. Will surely post once I do.

Attachments

kkn13

Suspended
Brakes of the car do feel a bit cushy but its for a good reason, it ensures less jerks in braking in day to day scenarios, but push it a little more and it has serious action. It takes a while to get used to the car. Yours is AT though so Im not sure if thats causing the differences, mines manual
I have a 2010 V MT running 185 section tyres
All stock

Thread Starter #3
@kkn13

Thanks for the reply.
Yes even I have found the same. But when the car speeds up the brakes does not feel spongy.

I brought the car in end of December at 7070KMS now the ODO stands at 13400KMS.

Did a Bangalore - Mumbai trip during the Christmas holidays last year. During the drive the car was very bouncy in the rear for every undulations. Overall it was not a pleasant journey for us

Did some research for the bouncy ride in Honda City. Found a product called Rogerab. There were a lot of positive reviews about the product and decided to go for it.
The product is available in Madhus Enterprises itself. Called them up and fixed an appointment.

Total price for all the 4 suspension fit is around 6.2K.
Now on the feedback. I would definitely recommend this product to all Honda City owners. I traveled for around 1000kms after fitting it on a highways, state highways, bad roads. The car handled wonderfully. Even on bad roads the suspension did not thrash out and the ride quality was very good. Bounciness in the rear is reduced to say 80%. My wife this time did not have any issues. This one is worth the investment. I am yet to do a Bangalore - Mumbai trip

The company also provides 5 days return policy if you are not satisfied with full money back guarantee . I did not feel the necessity though [:D]
Will let the pictures talk

Attachments

Thread Starter #5
Hi,
Congratulations on your Honda City,Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.
Thanks Ambylovers. Yes it's been 3 months I brought the car and no issues till date.

I am not sure should I change the battery as its running with the stock battery for 4.5 years. What's the expected life of battery?

Top Bottom