The Unexpected Honda Amaze

Thread Starter #1
Hello Friends,
This is my first Review. I hope everything goes well.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reason for New Car:
My Hyundai i10 1.2L had clocked more than 1,40,000 Km. Car was equipped with a Sequential CNG kit. There was enormous power loss as the odo incremented. Suspension and clutch had given up, suspension had lot of play and clutch was super hard.[frustration]
It was a clear indication to upgrade and the hunt begin.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shortlisted Cars:
We decided to go for Diesel Car as our monthly running was about 1700 Km. I had discussion with my Dad for short listing few options.

So, we had shortlisted 2 Cars-

1. Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire
2. Hyundai Xcent
Amaze was never in the list, I never liked it. It had poor interior design and over all review was not so good.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Showroom Visit:
Spectra Motor Limited Maruti Suzuki at Wagle Estate, Thane was our first stop. We started discussion for Dzire and at the same time they were evaluating i10. So, the first thing Sales person told us about the 6 MONTHS WAITING PERIOD. After hearing that we were least interested for Dzire. Sales person started with his presentation for Dzire meanwhile my i10 was evaluated and they offered us 1.4 lacs for i10, it was a descent amount but Dzire was no more in our list.

We left Maruti and as per schedule Modi Hyundai on (Eastern Express Highway) EEH in Thane was our next stop.
So, while travelling from Wagle Estate to EEH we came across Hallmark Honda and I told my DAD we will see how much they offer for i10 against any Honda Car and this was the only intention to get into Honda showroom.

As we entered the showroom the Receptionist arranged a Sales Person. Sales Person was quite decent and far better than Spectra. There was Amaze and Jass in our budget. As we were interested in Compact Sedan so Amaze was our choice. He took us near the car in the showroom and started his presentation. The Face lifted version was A Big Surprise as I was not aware about this facelift. The car looked very updated specially the interiors. Amaze had managed to impress us. Meanwhile, we got our i10 evaluated, they offered us 1.6 lacs. This was great news and I was totally in love with Amaze. A TD was arranged later. We both drove the car and had mind blowing experience and this was our first diesel ride. It was a great car for daily commute, after taking quotation & Brochure we left.
Final Decision:

After negotiation they offered 1.75 lacs for i10 and after few days of discussion with family member for colour and model, we decided to go with Urban Titanium and SX model.

We booked car on 2nd Aug. 2016. With 1st Year insurance free & discount the ex-road price was 8.6lacs. The procedure for Loan was completed after 4 days of booking and car was sent at PEN RTO for inspection & Registration.
Finally, we got Delivery on 14 Aug. 2016.

2.jpg
3.jpg
1.jpg
4.jpg
In 6th Month car has covered 10253 km. 3rd Free Service was carried out at Hallmark Honda.

5.jpeg

The Average fuel efficiency is between 17.5-19 kmpl.

7.jpeg

Engine Performance- In the initial period, the diesel clatter felt very irritating but as the time passed we have no issues with it.
The i-DTEC has enormous power and very responsive.
Gear Shift is precise.
High torque at low engine speeds reduces frequent gear shift.
Clutch feels light better than i10.
Overtaking is easy no need to downshift.

Handling- The soft suspension setup allows car to handle very well at high speed, only the massive body roll is a problem.
The stock skinny tyre cannot handle the high torque developed by engine.
Sometimes I floor the accelerator pedal, engine does the job well but the skinny tyres cause wheel slip.
ABS with EBD makes braking very powerful and precise.
Steering is light at low speeds and has enough feedback till 125-130kmph.
Ground Clearance is 5mm less than Dzire but still never hit any bump.

Interior- Nice spacious cabin with good quality plastics.
Auto AC cools the cabin quickly.
Electrically adjustable and foldable mirrors add to comfort level.
Steering mounted buttons are of good quality.
Front seats and rear seats are very comfortable.
Arm rest with two Cup Holder in the rear seats makes long journey very comfortable.
Speedometer,Tachometer and LED display is easy to read and very well illuminated.

Exterior- The new front grill is up market and very well laid out.
LED turn indicators on mirror are very well embedded.
The new Rear tail lamp is feels more appealing.
Headlamp are powerful enough, I wish to replace it with headlamps of Mobilio RS if they are available.

Few Cons-
Speed Limit of 145 Kmph
Soft Suspension
Skinny tyres
High NVH level in initial period.

Few Pros-
Good High Speed Stability.
Powerful and fuel efficient engine.
ABS and EBD for precise and powerful braking.
Upmarket Interior

Regards,
Ninad Patil

Last edited by a moderator:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Congrats on your car. Please upload any bills you have and mileage you are getting from the car.
Also I was surprised to see abs in the con list [lol] you need to reverse the pros and cons head.

Top Bottom