Managed to clock 1000kms in 10 days. Here's the report.
Take the car to the highway twice for a short drive for about 4 hours up and down.
1) This involved 25% city conditions and 75% highway.
2) 100% AC
3) 10% of the travel was filled with potholes.
Here are my observations:
1) Managed to squeeze 19 kmpl during the 1st trip and 18.6 kmpl for the second.
2) Car carried 3 adults(including me) and 1 child. Boot heavily loaded.
3) I revved the car a bit during the second trip since I wanted to see it actual performance. I wasnt disappointed. The acceleration was tremendous. You dont really need the 1st and 2nd gear (expect for start-stop traffic). The pull from the 3rd gear is amazing. Even the 5th gear managed to do the same. One ANHC tried hard to catch up but left biting the dust. Even managed to leave a brand new Scorpio mHawk behind but decided to stay cool as the Scorpio begin to try hard tricks ;-)
4) GC isnt that great. The suspension housing is too low and will occasionally scratch the bottom.
5) Suspension is too soft so expect a bumpy ride on uneven surface. But overall travel was smooth.
6) The position of the reverse gear can test your nerves in city conditions.
7) All 4 windows with auto up-down function a real relief in Kerala (with highways covered with toll booths)
8) The chrome strip on the boot lacks quality. It's stuck using double sided tape. Both the ends have started to peel off now.
9) The windshield washer kinda shoots water like a mist (good thing - water evenly spread with great force cleaning the whole windshield, Bad thing - Temp blinding)
10) Tires a big disappointment. With these OEM
tires, speeds above 100 km/hr not recommended at all.! Car managed to slide few times.
11) AC cools really well. Temp kept between 22 and 23, with blower speed kept at level 2.
12) MID provides lot many infos.
13) Speed limit warning - Useful touch. I set the limit to 100 kmph and every time i crossed, a warning sound will be heard. Something really nice.
14) Gear recommendation - Works really well.
15) Front door bottle holder - Hard acceleration will send the bottles flying out from the doors Happened to me atleast 10-15 times. This shows the tremendous acceleration of this beast.
16) Silent cabin. The cabin well damped from the engine noise.
17) Audio quality - Average, but good volume level.
18) Tested the cabin occupant sensor. Locked myself in (backseat) and asked my dad to lock the car. Just moved my hand (as if to make a call). The sensor did the trick and the alarm was on with headlights flashing, and the horn sounding at regular intervals. A button inside the cabin next to the driver seat can be used to stop the alarm.
19) Multi purpose key - One touch window open/close in the key useful in the scorching sun. Windows can be rolled down a few min before even coming to the car. Helped a lot yesterday during my drive. Kept the cabin free from the heat.
Overall, completely satisfied with the car and hope to continue the trouble free run.