Mitsubishi Pajero Sport: My Life With White Stallion

Thread Starter #1
wanted a practical & tough real SUV but was not interested to splurge on a new one, got hold of a doctor owned 2012 Aug model pearl white Pajero Sport, 52K driven, during May 16 - my judgement was - for a well built vehicle such as PS, if it is maintained and driven well - a 3Y one is almost as good as one in the showroom - bang for the buck . saving the Gandhis. I specifically wanted MT and not a fan of fancy electronics. plain old school. the build of the vehicle should be good - that's the only criterion. moreover, I liked the masculine grill of the 2012 Pajeros.

In Indian road conditions, especially in Central Kerala you do not need more than the third gear and will not find a straight road more than 300-400 meters of length and roads are very narrow. the question is will you prefer to tackle the cyclist or the autorikshaw in the front or read map from the 5inch or 10 inch LCD central console.

after I bought the vehicle, learned manual driving !! - to adapt to the indian style of driving. my prev ownership was VW 3.6 Lit Toureg in Dubai. wanted to import when I relocated but after having looked at the cost of VW maintenance, decided to sell off. ( the cruise control was used only 3-4 times during the 4Y ownership of Tuareg - i thought I will doze off during the long rides. Also decided not to buy Michelin shoes again - they cost a hole in my purse - they are soft as baby's bottom and you will not notice how fast you fly till you check out the police web site) .

coming back to the topic, I have driven 5K from May to Jan and then got my stallion serviced at Annamalais, Coimbatore at 57000 Km. The cost of servicing was INR 10K + the 4 break pads changed for 12K ( 4*3) + cost of leith job on the 4 break discs INR 4K. Replaced the 2 stock Bridgestone Dueler HT tyres with BS Dueler AT 693 III. the rest two are BS Dueler HT and good for min 10k Km. Heard Conti has sidewall issues.

3issues got rectified -
=>the FE improved from 7.5 Km / lit to 10 - 10.3. they provided some additive also - forgot the name of the brand.
=> the handbreak - now improved breaking
=> rattling noice from inside the dashboard area when moving on 3rd gear at around 25-30 km/H.

the guys at the petrol stations used to fill air up to 35 psi. But the SA told me to keep 28 - which I am following. But isn't it too low ? what has to be the ideal pressure with 2 occupants ?

considering the summer heat, need to look for films - maybe 3M - transparent. any suggestions ?

Love the vehicle - making my betterhalf a bitterhalf !

Cheers

sorry - clips attached. I remain very thankful to all of you in the forum - the posts helped me a lot.

Attachments

Re: my life with the white stallion -PS

the guys at the petrol stations used to fill air up to 35 psi. But the SA told me to keep 28 - which I am following. But isn't it too low ? what has to be the ideal pressure with 2 occupants ?

Cheers
Congratulations infinion. Where are the Photos?
We have many PS owners here, and they can tell you their experience.
As a Forunter Owner, 28 is the manufacturer advised tyre pressure. It again depends on the Tyre. We have Dunlop AT20. Dunlop can take pressure, and anything around 28 is reasonable. I use 30psi, and return 10.9kmpl.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Re: my life with the white stallion -PS

no thread is complete without pictures. Its like serving samosa withour sauce,or rather vice versa.!!Get some pictures buddy.

A very warm welcome to TAI, I follow recommendations but then in the last 1 year been simply keeping 32psi all round. I have done 46k so far - no brake pads replaced and tyres still the stock.

Please shift to third gear only after 32kmph or so..the PS has a relatively weaker low end , you need to drive it in its range, which i am sure you will find with some time spent with it.

Please share pictures of your ride.

Thread Starter #6
Please check all new Montero Sports.

It is already on sale here in Kuwait.

The back tail light is over designed. Interior is well designed. Seats are super comfortable.

what's the price ? the front also looks gaudy to me. I like the classic looks of Fortuner & PS till 2016.

reg the Headlights, the SA at Annamalais discouraged me from changing them citing RTO rules, but they said we can add extra lights ( Hallo etc). but I did not try any.

one of the reasons I bought PS is - the seats can be folded flat so that I can sleep in the car. The wild plan is to go for long rides and cook by self and sleep inside instead of carrying a tent - esp in forest areas and spend days alone. I will not give a chance to the elephants to stamp on me - there may be naughty ones teaching their calves how to make papads out of the two legged animals.

used to trek in the Uttaranchal Himalayas between 2005-2009. Gaumukh , Satopanth Tal trek ( upto 5500 msl) and 150 km panchkedar trek. now, travelling on wheels is the phase-2 of my trekking life.had traveled by a taxi from Srinagar to Leh and Nubra valley along with my wife - 3 years back.

To retire in the 40s was my greatest dream and with God's blessing, was able to accomplish it two years back. my team thought I was crazy in throwing up a well paid Banking job. This is my destiny. After knocking off some of the items in my to-do-list, i want to explore my divine country. I have seen many facets of nature which a camera can never do justice to like the snow capped mountain near Gaumukh in golden glow in the first sunlight / the panorama of more than 10 snow clad mountains including Nandadevi standing at a creek from the Binsar Sanctuary , Almora.

let us travel and be happy.

Congrats Infinion on you PS. It's great SUV for sure. Many people dream to retire by 40, but very few people achieve it. A big congratulations to you on that front as well.

Thread Starter #10
happy to inform i am getting FE of 13 on the highways . the max reading i have seen was 13.2. getting 12 is very easy. got 11.5 for the last tankful to tankful. I think the key to good FE is relaxed driving at 50-80 speed. start early reach early enjoy driving.

happy to inform i am getting FE of 13 on the highways . the max reading i have seen was 13.2. getting 12 is very easy. got 11.5 for the last tankful to tankful. I think the key to good FE is relaxed driving at 50-80 speed. start early reach early enjoy driving.
13 plus for such a big car is really an added advantage. But having such a powerful car and driving around 80 kmph is bit tough.

Top Bottom