My New Car – A Ford Aspire

Thread Starter #1
I said, I got a new car,

Was that a sedan, why not get an SUV?

I knew that person, who asked that question. He got a compact SUV last year. It was a brilliant product indeed, But not an SUV after all. Its basically a big hatchback with a spare wheel fitted behind. I would call that car A hot hatch instead. Because It too had the 100 bhp diesel under the hood. Not offensive to Ecosport owners, I said what I felt

Once my another friend asked, why you keeping a car which was nearing her lifespan?. I simply answered, because I love. But eventually that story came to an end. I sold my beloved little Suzuki. She was hot anyway but I am not forgetting it has only a 42 bhp 3 pot under the hood.

I did so many experiment on that little car, Here you can find one of them.

I was thinking to get a new car from the last few years, The search started from the New Alto 800 to the BMW, A bit dramatic right? but depending on my profession, I was able to test drive these high-end machines, then why not thinking about buying one?. For the dream, money is not a matter no?

Time is passing like a river, thanks to the proverbs. My plan was postponed year to year and to satisfy my inner call I made some changes on my car. Count like this, one change for an year and so on. I was happy too.

But when we planned for the Goa trip. I was not that much exited. Because Ford was never in my favorite list. But after the trip, I literally decided that my next car will be Ford.

Thanks to the Ford Ecosport

But I never hide the truth, the thing is a bit bitter now. I got a perfect product for sure, but the service. Its sucks from the very first day. Will come to that later, as I have to wait for more experience.

Decision was made, but which car. There was the first question came to mind. Why not an Ecosport.

I would say my answers in bullets format. These are my opinions and not offensive though. I respect the owners of Ecosport.

• Ecosport costs a million for the Trend+ varient.
  • For that money, I would get a proper SUV with a 4×4 mechanism. (without 4×4 SUV is useless! as devil says like an underwear without elastic)
  • Mahindra Thar CRDE, Bolero LX 4×4, Maruti Gypsy and Mahindra Scorpio LX 4×4 are named few. And these all models are in that price range.
  • Then do I really need an SUV? actually not, as the 4×4 game costs a lot. Which I cannot afford.
  • Last but not the least, I like to go up step by step. Got a hatchback at 20 Sedan at 30 and hopefully an SUV by 40 (My dream was a Safari, lets see what the faith that machine have after 10 years)

I can write 50 points instead of these 5 but I have to say something more about my car in this post right. So going on.

I decided to take Figo Hatchback while the test drive happens and loved that performance also. Peppy and scary. There is no other words to describe that feel.

After the test drive, me and my wife reached the showroom with my kid, and that very moment my wife see that Aspire parked on the top floor. She asked me to check it out we love it and the decision changed immediately.

Yes, to cut the words short. We got a Ford Figo Aspire Titanium Diesel.

I got this car last week and completed nearly 500 kilometers with it. Time to share some pros and cons. After that I will end this post with a conclusion

Pros.
  • Power, power and more power
  • Usable boot eventhough its compact sedan.
  • Very good NVH
  • Climate Control
  • Folding mirrors
  • Rear seat leg room
  • I am not going to list the feature as the pros, as it has a lots of features to blow your mind. But not much as Hyundai I20s btw

Cons
  • Light metal body
  • Not solid like any other Ford
  • Bare basic meter console in terms of looks.
  • Tiny tires for this brutal power

Adding to that, the PDI process was not so good, the car was already covered 100 kilometers while delivering. The explanation from the Kairali Ford also was not convincing. But in believing the SA (Varun who was well known for us) I took the delivery.

I got rear parking sensors and essential kit as freebies. Basically essential kit is nothing but a set of floor mats and mud flaps. But it makes the car a looker.

I added the plastic beeding for the paint safety on malls and tight parking spots.

Basically in conclusion the PDI was bad but the delivery was good. Thanks to Varun.

As of now I just completed 500 km on highway and I loving this car each and every moment I take it out.

The sheer power, terrific low end and high speed capability, these are beyond the words.

I will come to this space with the updates frequently and for now, Thanks for reading.

15894868_10210358358708562_5811941557055417664_n.jpg

IMG_20170107_075641.jpg

IMG_20170107_074902.jpg

IMG_20170106_105324.jpg

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
congrats for the new ride rakesh. it's a very good car. i own a figo titanium and i am fully satisfied with the car. wishing you many happy miles with it

Thread Starter #4
Congrats for your car [:D] you won't be disappointed with the car but that can't be said for the service. You will have mixed experiences. I am yet to have a happy experience at ford :p
There will be many more people telling you ford parts are expensive , keep these 2 pics handy and show this to them.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-000-kms-ownership-review-120.html#post523818
Thanks allhyundaicars :) actually I am also waiting with fingers crossed[:D]

congrats for the new ride rakesh. it's a very good car. i own a figo titanium and i am fully satisfied with the car. wishing you many happy miles with it
Thanks Sandy.

Congratulation! Ford Figo has lot potential to show when it comes to practically.

Have a great miles ahead.

If you have some budget then I would suggest to upgrade tyres right now, so that you can get better buy back price. So the upgrade size would be 195/60R14; Michelin XM2 is available in this size and tyre upsizing wouldn't hurt the mileage a lot and will give confidence on highways when you open the throttle to swing.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
Congrats for your new car
Thank you!
Congrats Rakesh and wish you millions of happy miles on it. The Aspire is the only CS that looks good to my eyes.
Congratulation! Ford Figo has lot potential to show when it comes to practically.

Have a great miles ahead.

If you have some budget then I would suggest to upgrade tyres right now, so that you can get better buy back price. So the upgrade size would be 195/60R14; Michelin XM2 is available in this size and tyre upsizing wouldn't hurt the mileage a lot and will give confidence on highways when you open the throttle to swing.
Thank you!

Hi,
Congratulations on your new Ford Aspire. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.
Thank you!

Congrats brother.[clap]
Thank you!

Congrats on your new car [clap]
Thank you!

Mate the Gray colour looks just gorgeous. The rear is superbly accentuated by this colour. Congratulations on your car. Well honestly this is one of 2 shortlisted car for me when I will be in the market probably in the next 2 or 3 months. Sunny being the other one.

Keep us updated on the service cost. Hope it helps quell the improper notion that Ford service is costly.

Thread Starter #13
Keep us updated on the service cost. Hope it helps quell the improper notion that Ford service is costly.
I spend 2500 for the service after I put my car under cover (read idle) for 45 days while I was in Germany. I decided to change oil even it was not completed 3000 kilometers. For 1400 I brought a cover too.

My car had a peeling on the side beading. I am going tomorrow to ASS to make it stick again.

Fixed a DVR also on my Aspire. I will put some footage also soon

bhvm

Honoured Member
Hey rakeshkn!
Loved the flow of words and the attitude.

Congrats on the black beauty. Aspire has that classic timeless design which stands among the crowd of todays wannabees and Steampunk designs!

Hi rakeshkn,

Belated wishes for your acquisition [:)]. This fantastic vehicle is actually in the hands​ of poor dealers, especially here in Bangalore. Due to poor response from SA and their lacklustre approach, Ford vehicles, especially Aspire and Figo, have a very few takers.

Even the discounts​ offers announced after the announcement of GST from July 2017,i.e., 15k to 30k discount on all ranges of Ford vehicles are just on papers, not a single dealer is offering this discount.

Top Bottom