Pre-Worshipped Ford Mustang 3.7 V6 (2014): Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
As you guys may have understood from the title, this thread is an ownership report of my new acquisition - a Ruby Red 2014 Ford Mustang V6.

Mustang is an iconic car, period. Owning one has been my childhood dream. The 1960's Mustangs are still my favorites. The 5th gen Mustang which came in 2005 and made my jaws drop.

When I migrated to Dubai in 2014, I wanted something fast and yet comfortable. I was not looking for something sporty like the EVO X or the Nissan 370Z or even the Genesis Coupe. But I needed something muscular and brawny! Since I was new in Dubai, I reckoned it would be best if I buy something economical and I ended up getting the Lancer GT. It is a great car and is still my trusted partner. It has been handed over to my wife now!

When I made up my mind to buy a new car, I knew it has to be an American muscle car. And there were only 3 cars in my mind -

• Dodge Challenger - Too big and boxy for me
  • Chevrolet Camaro - Too flashy to suit my preferences
  • Ford Mustang - Perfect styling and size
To be honest, I never gave the Challenger or the Camaro a fair chance. I was very sure that I will buy a Mustang. It was my childhood dream and I was not letting anything divert my mind. Just for the sake of being thorough, I did read/watch a lot of reviews comparing the three muscle cars and in 8/10 reviews, the Mustang emerged as a winner.

I had also decided that I needed a 2013-2014 model only. The 2015 Mustangs are nice, but somehow I fancied the S197 over the S550. The latter has a great cabin, but lacks the presence and brute styling of the former.

I started searching the used car market for a clean Mustang, preferably a V8. Saw many cars but none of them would fit in my budget. Those that will were either involved in a major crash or were pretty badly abused or had some major issues. The search continued with no luck as most of the cars just did not feel right.

Then I reluctantly started reading reviews about the V6 and decided that it is not a slouch either. Yes, Mustangs purists do feel that if it is a Mustang, it has got to be the V8. But for me, that was out of reach and I was fine with the performance of the V6. Yes, I will miss the grumble of the V8 motor, but I guess I will have to deal with it.

There were a lot of V6 Mustangs in my budget but finding a clean car was harder than I thought it would be. The search continued for a long time. Many cars were seen and some were test driven but the cars just dint feel right. Finally in the second week of December, I saw an ad for a 2014 Ruby Red Mustang Premium Edition in the local classifieds website. Visited the dealer over the weekend the car looked clean. Did a thorough inspection at the RTA vehicle testing centre over 1.5 hours and the car passed with flying colors!

Finalized on the price and booked the car with a token. Loan process took another 2 weeks and finally took delivery of my very own Musty on 24/12/2016.

Drove it all the way to Abu Dhabi and back on the very first night! The next day I took it to the garage for service to have all the filters and fluids replaced. Engine oil was replaced with Mobil 1 0W40 synthetic oil. Total spent on the service was approx 12,800 INR.

The next day, the car was given for a detailing session. They worked on the car for a full 2 days. Charged me approximately 15k INR, but the car came out all clean and shiny, both the exterior and interior.

A bit of information about the car:

Specs:

• Engine - 3.7 litre TI-VCT V6
  • Power - 305 bhp
  • Torque - 379 Nm
  • Transmission - 6 speed torque converter with sports & manual mode
  • 0-100 kmph - 5.3 sec (claimed)
Features:

• ABS with EBD
  • Electronic Stability Control
  • 4 wheel disc brakes
  • Dual stage front airbags
  • Front seat side airbags
  • Selectable power assisted steering (Standard/Comfort/Sport)
  • Cruise Control
  • HID headlamps
  • LED tail lamps with sequential turn signals
  • Mykey
  • Tire Monitoring Pressure System
  • 6 way powered driver's seat with power lumbar
  • Leather seats
  • Ambient lighting
  • Auto dimming rear view mirror
  • Microsoft Sync
  • SHAKER Audio
  • Steering wheel mounted audio controls
  • 18" polished aluminium wheels
  • Rear spoiler
What I like:

• The way it looks, makes me drool every time!
  • The ambient lighting is subtle and classy.
  • You can change the color of the dials and the ambient lighting, that's funky!
  • The V6 loves to rev hard and has a decent (but muted) growl at the top end.
  • The air conditioner will literally chill your bones!
  • The way it glides over bumps and ruts.
  • The LED turn lights and the sequential turn indicators.
  • Decent boot space.
  • Lots of vital information available in the instrument cluster (battery voltage, air fuel ratio, engine oil & transmission oil temperature, engine oil life, fuel economy, distance to empty and the likes)
  • Track Apps (Accelerometer, Brake Performance, etc.)
  • The SHAKER audio is killer and I absolutely love the audio experience. Bass is punch and the vocals are clean.
Things I miss:

• Paddles on the steering wheel
  • The convenience of keyless go
  • Sunroof
  • Automatic Air condistioner
  • The V8 music
Accessories planned:

• My car does not have automatic headlights. Apparently the hardware is already present and I just need to swap my headlight knob with a new one which has the Auto headlights function. I have ordered one through Amazon.
  • Maybe some subtle stripes in future.
  • Maybe a louder exhaust kit. I had planned for one on my Lancer too but never did it since I feared the RTA regulations and fines and thought it would be an overkill for an economy family sedan.
Coming to my experience with the car:

I have driven only about 2000 kms or so as of now.

Driving Experience -

My first reaction when I drove the car was that everything feels "heavy". Right from the way the doors shut to the way the stalks feel to how much effort the handbrake needs to operate. When you sit in the car, you have a slab like dash in front. But still because of the high and long bonnet, you can easily see the corners of this car. But the high window line gives you a sinked in feeling which can take time to get used to. As of now, I have not driven this beast above 140 kmph (speeding fines are hefty in Dubai!). But given the rights roads and opportunity, I will surely stretch it's legs soon. The car drives with admirable poise at expressway speeds. It is so confidence inspiring that you drive at higher speeds without even realizing it. Even the ride quality is surprisingly plusher than the Lancer. NVH could have been better but that is not what the Mustang is about. A Mustang is not expected to be soft and refined. It is this brute character of the car that has appealed to all Mustang loyalists like me.

It is not a car which you can chuck around corners. It is not as nimble as a Genesis coupe. But it is not just a straight line champion either. It does provide enough confidence to the driver to go had around corners. One thing that I did not like is the steering feel. It lacks enough feedback and feels kind off vague sometimes. I guess I am spoiled by the hydraulic assisted steering in the Lancer which is a joy to use. Also, the rear view mirrors are a tad too small and takes time getting used to. By the way, the ORVMs come with inbuilt blind spot mirrors! Kudos Ford.

The Mustang has always been criticized for using a solid rear axle instead of an independent suspension. It may have it's negative effects on the track but it means absolutely nothing for normal or even spirited driving on the road. Haters can keep harping about this but I think Ford has got the suspension just right. Would it be better with an independent suspension? Sure. Does the solid axle dampen the fun? Hell no!

Fuel Efficiency -

Buying a Mustang and talking about fuel efficiency is a crime. Anyways, initial trips suggest that this car will not hurt my wallet much when compared to the Lancer. I think I am getting a fuel efficiency of around 10 kmpl but I will comment on that later when I do a full tankful to tankful test.

Equipment levels -

The Mustang Premium variant is very well equipped as mentioned above in the feature list. The most useful features are the Microsoft Sync through which I can connect my phone for calls and audio, the vehicle monitoring system which regularly monitors the vehicle parameters and informs the driver through the LCD screen in the instrument cluster and the Shaker Audio.

Some fancy features like the track apps and colors for the dials and ambient lighting will rarely be used but still is fancy enough!

Exterior styling & design -

Brute. Muscle. Brawny. This is what comes to my mind when I think about the styling. The bonnet of the car is l-o-n-g and the boot is stubby. The driver sits almost in the centre of the chassis. I love the way the bonnet has that muscular bulge in between. The car is wide and sits low and hence has an amazing stance on the road.

Overall build quality and fit & finish -

Excellent. My first experience with a Ford in UAE was with my cousin's Explorer. I was amazed with the build quality of the vehicle. Everything feels tight and well screwed together.

The Mustang has the same traits. Everything is solid and build quality is leagues ahead of my Lancer. .

Interior design & quality -

The dashboard is what Ford likes to call a "twin cockpit design". The dashboard is almost a vertical slab. The centre console is nothing fancy. Infact it is really messy with lots of switches. My car has no touch screen but it is available as an official accessory.

The hazard light is uniquely positioned next to the gear shift lever and not between the middle AC vents. Even the boot release switch is placed there.

The quality of the plastics is ordinary but that does not bother me much.

Interior space and comfort -

Nothing great but nothing to complain either. The front seats can easily accommodate large adults like me! The rear seats are not great for any human above 5 feet in height! And even then it is a strict 4 seater. There is no way you can fit 3 adults in the back. I have had 2 short adults and one 4 year old kid in the back seat but that will not be comfortable for long trips.

Air conditioner -

The A/C is really good and chills the small cabin in no time. But right now it is winter here in UAE and I can comment about the AC by May when the temperature outside will hit 45+ degrees.

Engine performance -

Point and shoot! Bury the throttle and the car takes off like nobody's business. Gently prod the accelerator and it will cruise at a relaxed pace. In gear acceleration is pretty impressive thanks to the available torque.

Gearshift -

This is one lazy gearbox. Drive at a relaxed pace and it will up-shift all the way to 6th gear as soon as possible. And sometimes I feel it takes a while to downshift. So, this is not the quickest gearbox around. In Sports Mode, the gearbox holds a gear longer before up-shifting, but even then it takes a few milliseconds more than what I would have preferred.

Manual mode is not at all fun since it uses a small rocket switch on the gear lever instead of paddles.

Enough said! I understand an ownership thread is incomplete without pictures. I did not get the opportunity to click any good pictures, so here are some previews -

000.jpg
111.jpg
222.jpg

Better pictures of the car and the interiors will be posted soon.

Last edited:
As you guys may have understood from the title, this thread is an ownership report of my new acquisition - a Ruby Red 2014 Ford Mustang V6.

Mustang is an iconic car, period. Owning one has been my childhood dream. The 1960's Mustangs are still my favorites. The 5th gen Mustang which came in 2005 and made my jaws drop.

When I migrated to Dubai in 2014, I wanted something fast and yet comfortable. I was not looking for something sporty like the EVO X or the Nissan 370Z or even the Genesis Coupe. But I needed something muscular and brawny! Since I was new in Dubai, I reckoned it would be best if I buy something economical and I ended up getting the Lancer GT. It is a great car and is still my trusted partner. It has been handed over to my wife now!

When I made up my mind to buy a new car, I knew it has to be an American muscle car. And there were only 3 cars in my mind -

• Dodge Challenger - Too big and boxy for me
  • Chevrolet Camaro - Too flashy to suit my preferences
  • Ford Mustang - Perfect styling and size
To be honest, I never gave the Challenger or the Camaro a fair chance. I was very sure that I will buy a Mustang. It was my childhood dream and I was not letting anything divert my mind. Just for the sake of being thorough, I did read/watch a lot of reviews comparing the three muscle cars and in 8/10 reviews, the Mustang emerged as a winner.

I had also decided that I needed a 2013-2014 model only. The 2015 Mustangs are nice, but somehow I fancied the S197 over the S550. The latter has a great cabin, but lacks the presence and brute styling of the former.

I started searching the used car market for a clean Mustang, preferably a V8. Saw many cars but none of them would fit in my budget. Those that will were either involved in a major crash or were pretty badly abused or had some major issues. The search continued with no luck as most of the cars just did not feel right.

Then I reluctantly started reading reviews about the V6 and decided that it is not a slouch either. Yes, Mustangs purists do feel that if it is a Mustang, it has got to be the V8. But for me, that was out of reach and I was fine with the performance of the V6. Yes, I will miss the grumble of the V8 motor, but I guess I will have to deal with it.

There were a lot of V6 Mustangs in my budget but finding a clean car was harder than I thought it would be. The search continued for a long time. Many cars were seen and some were test driven but the cars just dint feel right. Finally in the second week of December, I saw an ad for a 2014 Ruby Red Mustang Premium Edition in the local classifieds website. Visited the dealer over the weekend the car looked clean. Did a thorough inspection at the RTA vehicle testing centre over 1.5 hours and the car passed with flying colors!

Finalized on the price and booked the car with a token. Loan process took another 2 weeks and finally took delivery of my very own Musty on 24/12/2016.

Drove it all the way to Abu Dhabi and back on the very first night! The next day I took it to the garage for service to have all the filters and fluids replaced. Engine oil was replaced with Mobil 1 0W40 synthetic oil. Total spent on the service was approx 12,800 INR.

The next day, the car was given for a detailing session. They worked on the car for a full 2 days. Charged me approximately 15k INR, but the car came out all clean and shiny, both the exterior and interior.

A bit of information about the car:

Specs:

• Engine - 3.7 litre TI-VCT V6
  • Power - 305 bhp
  • Torque - 379 Nm
  • Transmission - 6 speed torque converter with sports & manual mode
  • 0-100 kmph - 5.3 sec (claimed)
Features:

• ABS with EBD
  • Electronic Stability Control
  • 4 wheel disc brakes
  • Dual stage front airbags
  • Front seat side airbags
  • Selectable power assisted steering (Standard/Comfort/Sport)
  • Cruise Control
  • HID headlamps
  • LED tail lamps with sequential turn signals
  • Mykey
  • Tire Monitoring Pressure System
  • 6 way powered driver's seat with power lumbar
  • Leather seats
  • Ambient lighting
  • Auto dimming rear view mirror
  • Microsoft Sync
  • SHAKER Audio
  • Steering wheel mounted audio controls
  • 18" polished aluminium wheels
  • Rear spoiler
What I like:

• The way it looks, makes me drool every time!
  • The ambient lighting is subtle and classy.
  • You can change the color of the dials and the ambient lighting, that's funky!
  • The V6 loves to rev hard and has a decent (but muted) growl at the top end.
  • The air conditioner will literally chill your bones!
  • The way it glides over bumps and ruts.
  • The LED turn lights and the sequential turn indicators.
  • Decent boot space.
  • Lots of vital information available in the instrument cluster (battery voltage, air fuel ratio, engine oil & transmission oil temperature, engine oil life, fuel economy, distance to empty and the likes)
  • Track Apps (Accelerometer, Brake Performance, etc.)
  • The SHAKER audio is killer and I absolutely love the audio experience. Bass is punch and the vocals are clean.
Things I miss:

• Paddles on the steering wheel
  • The convenience of keyless go
  • Sunroof
  • Automatic Air condistioner
  • The V8 music
Accessories planned:

• My car does not have automatic headlights. Apparently the hardware is already present and I just need to swap my headlight knob with a new one which has the Auto headlights function. I have ordered one through Amazon.
  • Maybe some subtle stripes in future.
  • Maybe a louder exhaust kit. I had planned for one on my Lancer too but never did it since I feared the RTA regulations and fines and thought it would be an overkill for an economy family sedan.
Coming to my experience with the car:

I have driven only about 2000 kms or so as of now.

Driving Experience -

My first reaction when I drove the car was that everything feels "heavy". Right from the way the doors shut to the way the stalks feel to how much effort the handbrake needs to operate. When you sit in the car, you have a slab like dash in front. But still because of the high and long bonnet, you can easily see the corners of this car. But the high window line gives you a sinked in feeling which can take time to get used to. As of now, I have not driven this beast above 140 kmph (speeding fines are hefty in Dubai!). But given the rights roads and opportunity, I will surely stretch it's legs soon. The car drives with admirable poise at expressway speeds. It is so confidence inspiring that you drive at higher speeds without even realizing it. Even the ride quality is surprisingly plusher than the Lancer. NVH could have been better but that is not what the Mustang is about. A Mustang is not expected to be soft and refined. It is this brute character of the car that has appealed to all Mustang loyalists like me.

It is not a car which you can chuck around corners. It is not as nimble as a Genesis coupe. But it is not just a straight line champion either. It does provide enough confidence to the driver to go had around corners. One thing that I did not like is the steering feel. It lacks enough feedback and feels kind off vague sometimes. I guess I am spoiled by the hydraulic assisted steering in the Lancer which is a joy to use. Also, the rear view mirrors are a tad too small and takes time getting used to. By the way, the ORVMs come with inbuilt blind spot mirrors! Kudos Ford.

The Mustang has always been criticized for using a solid rear axle instead of an independent suspension. It may have it's negative effects on the track but it means absolutely nothing for normal or even spirited driving on the road. Haters can keep harping about this but I think Ford has got the suspension just right. Would it be better with an independent suspension? Sure. Does the solid axle dampen the fun? Hell no!

Fuel Efficiency -

Buying a Mustang and talking about fuel efficiency is a crime. Anyways, initial trips suggest that this car will not hurt my wallet much when compared to the Lancer. I think I am getting a fuel efficiency of around 10 kmpl but I will comment on that later when I do a full tankful to tankful test.

Equipment levels -

The Mustang Premium variant is very well equipped as mentioned above in the feature list. The most useful features are the Microsoft Sync through which I can connect my phone for calls and audio, the vehicle monitoring system which regularly monitors the vehicle parameters and informs the driver through the LCD screen in the instrument cluster and the Shaker Audio.

Some fancy features like the track apps and colors for the dials and ambient lighting will rarely be used but still is fancy enough!

Exterior styling & design -

Brute. Muscle. Brawny. This is what comes to my mind when I think about the styling. The bonnet of the car is l-o-n-g and the boot is stubby. The driver sits almost in the centre of the chassis. I love the way the bonnet has that muscular bulge in between. The car is wide and sits low and hence has an amazing stance on the road.

Overall build quality and fit & finish -

Excellent. My first experience with a Ford in UAE was with my cousin's Explorer. I was amazed with the build quality of the vehicle. Everything feels tight and well screwed together.

The Mustang has the same traits. Everything is solid and build quality is leagues ahead of my Lancer. .

Interior design & quality -

The dashboard is what Ford likes to call a "twin cockpit design". The dashboard is almost a vertical slab. The centre console is nothing fancy. Infact it is really messy with lots of switches. My car has no touch screen but it is available as an official accessory.

The hazard light is uniquely positioned next to the gear shift lever and not between the middle AC vents. Even the boot release switch is placed there.

The quality of the plastics is ordinary but that does not bother me much.

Interior space and comfort -

Nothing great but nothing to complain either. The front seats can easily accommodate large adults like me! The rear seats are not great for any human above 5 feet in height! And even then it is a strict 4 seater. There is no way you can fit 3 adults in the back. I have had 2 short adults and one 4 year old kid in the back seat but that will not be comfortable for long trips.

Air conditioner -

The A/C is really good and chills the small cabin in no time. But right now it is winter here in UAE and I can comment about the AC by May when the temperature outside will hit 45+ degrees.

Engine performance -

Point and shoot! Bury the throttle and the car takes off like nobody's business. Gently prod the accelerator and it will cruise at a relaxed pace. In gear acceleration is pretty impressive thanks to the available torque.

Gearshift -

This is one lazy gearbox. Drive at a relaxed pace and it will up-shift all the way to 6th gear as soon as possible. And sometimes I feel it takes a while to downshift. So, this is not the quickest gearbox around. In Sports Mode, the gearbox holds a gear longer before up-shifting, but even then it takes a few milliseconds more than what I would have preferred.

Manual mode is not at all fun since it uses a small rocket switch on the gear lever instead of paddles.

Enough said! I understand an ownership thread is incomplete without pictures. I did not get the opportunity to click any good pictures, so here are some previews -

View attachment 217311
View attachment 217312
View attachment 217313

Better pictures of the car and the interiors will be posted soon.
Hi Raj Bro,

Congrats on your new acquisition The Ford Mustang V6, Mustang is an awesome Machine that one could ever ask for!!!! Even its my dream car too, Am a Fan of mustang since 2005 I loved the design of the mustang from 2005 - Present models, Its a Proper Muscle Car, Love it Am also in a plan to get a Mustang GT, In Exhaust I would Recommend you to get Roush Axle Back One cause it makes more rumbles and a LOUD Exhaust sound on revving especially for the models between 2005-2015!

Here's a Audio Clip Of the same: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD10FbZ1xPw

Again Congrats on your new buy wish you a lots and lots of happy and safe miles with it[:)]

And For Further Mods For Mustang Check these two Links
These websites have a range of customisation options for mustangs also it has International Shipping So If you want you can check it out.
1. CJ Pony Parts:http://www.cjponyparts.com/2010-2013-mustang-parts/c/50000000/

2. AmericanMuscle:2010-2014 Mustang Parts | AmericanMuscle | Free Shipping!

Mustang is a perfect Muscle car if you like to do a lot of Modifications and like to drive a sporty!!!!

I've subscribed to your thread Keep updated regarding your car.

Last edited:
Sir , Congrats on your dream car . MUSTANG , this word creates that special feeling . Wishing you a safe and lots of happy miles with your love .

Cheers

Last edited:
First the Lancer and now this! I am amazed. [:)]

Heartiest congratulations on the Mustang. It looks awesome. The ruby red shade is very photogenic, awaiting more and better pictures from your side. And I was going through Akash1886's Honda City thread just a while back, he has similar design alloys on his car. :biggrin:

How much kms has it covered by the way? And hope you won't mind sharing the price paid.

Regards,
Alpha

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
whoa buddy. looks like Santa was super happy with you this Christmas. good luck and enjoy your new set of wheels.

That 'awww' moment when you see a thing of beauty which fills you with a strange warmth in your heart. Mustang is among the most pleasurable but still economical sports cars. Awesome car, man. Let the V6 hum echo in Dubai[;)]

First login in 2017 and whoa!!
Raj bought a Mustang! Left the work and clicked the link.

Many many congrats Raj. First Lancer and now Mustang, man, you are buying every car I dream of; one after another. I hope, soon you will buy the next one I dream of - Merc AMG G63 6*6 :biggrin:

Thread Starter #9
Hi Raj Bro,

Congrats on your new acquisition
Thank you!

In Exhaust I would Recommend you to get Roush Axle Back One cause it makes more rumbles and a LOUD Exhaust sound on revving especially for the models between 2005-2015!
I am considering the Borla S-type since I have read that the Roush has an irritating drone in the mid range.

Sir , Congrats on your dream car . MUSTANG , this word creates that special feeling . Wishing you a safe and lots of happy miles with your love .
Thank you so much.

First the Lancer and now this! I am amazed.

How much kms has it covered by the way? And hope you won't mind sharing the price paid.

Regards,
Alpha
Thank you so much. The car had done 35,500 kms when I bought it.

Congratulations Rajeev on your latest acquisition of new Mustang.
Wishing you miles of safe and happy motoring.
Thank you Mukesh.

whoa buddy. looks like Santa was super happy with you this Christmas. good luck and enjoy your new set of wheels.
Thanks a lot bro!

That 'awww' moment when you see a thing of beauty which fills you with a strange warmth in your heart. Mustang is among the most pleasurable but still economical sports cars. Awesome car, man. Let the V6 hum echo in Dubai[;)]
I agree! [:)]

First login in 2017 and whoa!!
Raj bought a Mustang! Left the work and clicked the link.

Many many congrats Raj. First Lancer and now Mustang, man, you are buying every car I dream of; one after another. I hope, soon you will buy the next one I dream of - Merc AMG G63 6*6 :biggrin:
Thanks a lot Vipul. Long time mate.

G63 makes me drool though its a distant dream for me!

Some more pictures -

Attachments

Thread Starter #10
Updating this thread after a long gap of 6 months!

Not a lot has been done in this period except a few issues and some other minor accessories.

1. Front fog light cover came off:

The LHS cover went missing one fine day and I had no idea how! I was about to order a new part when I just randomly put my hand inside the bumper and the cover was lying loose inside... on top of the engine protection cover! Got it fixed back.

share_temporary.jpg

2. Got a rear camera fixed:

One fine weekend, I decided to go for a dinner to this restaurant and while looking for a parking, I had to reverse down a one way street. One car was coming my way and to give him some space, I decided to turn my car into what seemed like a driveway to enter another hotel. What I could not see in the darkness was a low lying chain which they had installed to prevent cars from entering that lane.

My car brushed against the chain and the outcome was this -

20170712_121417_800x600.jpg

I blame myself for not being cautious but also blame the Stang's poor rear visibility and extremely small rear view mirrors in which I did not see the chain at all until I heard the impact!

3. AC blower replaced:

The blower motor started making a whining noise and had to be replaced. Ford parts are not that expensive and the motor cost me only INR 5,400.

4. All 4 tyres replaced:

The Pirellis had become old and noisy. Changed all 4 tyres to Dunlop VE303.

5. Tyre pressure sensors replaced:

The TPMS system was showing an error ever since I bought the car. All 4 sensors were replaced during the tyre change.

Pending issues:

a] A slight squeaking noise from the front suspension: I researched online on Mustang forums and it seems to be a common issue. The lower control arm is at fault here and may need replacement.

b] Noise from the brakes: I plan to do a full brake servicing and replacing the brake pads if needed very soon. Hopefully, that should solve the problem.

Thread Starter #11
The key on the Mustang is a very basic unit, looks more like a key of an economy car -

old key.jpg

Not entirely happy with it, I ordered a flip key from Ebay which comes with the original chip which Ford used. Got the blank key cut & programming the remote and transponder of the new key was easy. I could do it within 2 minutes using a relearning procedure built in the car.

Now, the key looks like it is built for a car of this era -

new key 1.jpg

This is one muscular awesome machine you drive buddy, many congratulations and sorry for not dropping in this thread.So its not just India with cheap keys to a beautiful machine given, good you ordered the flip set.Keep updating and enjoying this machine.

Thread Starter #13
After being on the fence for almost a year, took the bite and gave the Stang a mild face-lift by adding stripes -

Fotor_151607901161122_1600x900.jpg

Fotor_151607907056178_1600x900.jpg

Fotor_151607933600855_1600x900.jpg

Another reason for the hesitation is that in UAE, it is not very simple to add stripes/stickers on the car as the law here accounts it as "color changing" of the car. Which means I need approval from the police, then get the color changed and finally visit the RTA (RTO in India) to get the color details changed on the registration card.

Things were not as complicated as it sounded though!

Apart from the above, the Stang is running great with no issues and the only minor niggle I have now is an irritating rattle from the rear view mirror when driving over rumble strips or rough surfaces, which apparently is a common problem for the Mustang.

Thread Starter #14
The Stang is now at 65k kms. Did the customary oil change service a week back.

The car has been very reliable, touchwood. Yes, it is not as well put together as I may have liked.

I have a rattling noise from the inside RVM and now the left window over rumble strips. This is inspite of the fact that roads in UAE are very good and the car does not go through any rough patch!

I did a few performance 0-100 kmph tests a few days back using the car's in-built app and also 'Tourque' app in my phone (both showed similar timings). The first few tests did not go too well as the rear wheel was spinning and was even sliding out easily since I had turned off the traction control. Hence, I was going easy on the throttle and the best I managed was 7.6 seconds after two attempts.

In the next attempt, I got a comparatively better stretch of road and could launch the car without any wheel spin and managed a time of 6.8 seconds. Still, it is nowhere near the timings claimed by some friends and from Ford (5.8 seconds). The real play here is to modulate the throttle properly at launch so that the rear tyres so not spin and at the same time your launch is not too slow.

I have meanwhile dropped the plan to add an exhaust totally as the regulation here concerning loud exhausts is very strict and the police are not very tolerant either, confiscating the cars in many cases.

I have added new tints all around however, with a darker shade (something like 30% in India) and it was not a great idea since my allocated parking is in the building basement which is not very well lit and it is a struggle to see without lowering the windows. But it looks sweet though!

Talking about FE is not good, but the car is giving me 9~9.5 kmpl, which is very good and far above my expectations. Fuel prices are low here and hence it does not pinch much.

The car now needs some TLC, I am planning to get it detailed and fix the rattling noises soon.

Top Bottom