My Maruti Suzuki Alto K10: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
hi TAI members , finally m here to share my ownership review of my car Alto K10

In October,2012 my family decided of buying a car. First thing first "WHICH CAR". The search started. Alto , i10 were on my mind. My father liked alto, wagon-r ,estilo . My Mother and Brother were totally against of estilo n wagon-r, so was i. So all agreed to buy an alto , as we wanted a low maintenance , good mileage ,fun to drive car , the alto was most suitable for us , as our budget was 3 lakhs.
As days passed we keep on searching internet to check that our decision of buying a Alto is good one or not .
Then me and My Dad went to maruti , hyundai showrooms for test drive, dad took test drive of i10, estilo,alto .
But the guy at Maruti showroom told that Alto will Soon be discontinued and try to convince us to buy Alto 800 , which we both said hell no, then we came home.
Next day a guy from maruti came to our home then my Dad took test drive of Alto k10.
Then for 3,4 days there was no talks, discussions about car.
Then on 18,October i was attending very boring lecture in college. My dad called me and asked me to come to maruti showroom.
When i reached there my dad said ( pointing towards an silky silver Alto k10 lxi) thats our new car [:)], i was very happy at that moment[:)] .Even car colour was not black , i even loved it more.

View attachment 217240
Then my dad completed all the paper work and paid 3.15 L , and then maruti guy gave car key to me .And the first ride quality was awesome[drive] .That was first time i drove an k10 and really loved the car. After reaching home , i went for seat cover and ice installation.
Freebies
- Foot Matts
- OEM Wheel covers
- Choco candies

Likes --
- Easy to drive in city traffic and highway.
- Easy to park.
- Getting mileage of 19-20 kmpl on highway with 50% AC
- Good Ac

Dislikes--
- Rattling

Accessories added--
- Left side ovrm(lxi doesn't come with left side ovrm),
- Central Locking(Autocop),
- Hella horns with relay,
- Fabric seat covers,
- Fog lamps,
- Magnetic sunshades,
- Steering wheel cover and knob
- Cigarette lighter , power socket,
- Mobile holder,
- Car perfume,
- Car cover,
- Small convex mirror on side mirrors,
- Mudflaps,
- Dashboard polish , car wax,
- Crome cover for door handle
- Armrest.

I.C.E
- JVC player kdx-30
- Front speaker -> Sony
- Rear speakers -> Sony xs-gtf6937

Experience of driving this car
It's been 4 years, More then 25,000 km on odometer, till this day this car has never gave me any trouble . I love My k10.
View attachment 217233

img (48).jpg

IMG_20141023_170050.jpg

IMG_20150119_081530.jpg

Hope you will like it.thanks

Last edited:
that is what i am searching [arm rest] i am planing to add arm rest in my k10

can you post more about that arm rest [:)]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #6
View attachment 217863

that is what i am searching [arm rest] i am planing to add arm rest in my k10

can you post more about that arm rest [:)]
Bro , you can get it online as well as on local accessories shops , but on local shop first check that overall plastic body is hard plastic or not. Because the shop guy showed me another armrest with same design but that was kind of bad quality armrest with price about 400- 450 rs. The one I chose was priced 700 Rs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #11
Headlight upgrade -
Stock bulbs replaced with Phillips extreme vision 130% , priced 1300 Rs
And foglamps are also replaced with new assembly 600 Rs ,plus labour extra 100 Rs.
Difference between both is clearly visible ,Drives at nights are much easy now
Screenshot_2017-01-12-12-41-29.png

Last edited:

Top Bottom