My Next Car: Cute Grey Maruti Alto K10

Thread Starter #1

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Have been thinking of buying a hatchback since last one month. My preference was mainly based on best A.S.S facilities. I had few models in mind viz Hyundai Eon, i10, Renault Kwid, Tata Tiago etc

However all these cars show room as well as service center are away from my home (40kms one way). Some of you can surprise to hear that 40kms is not a big distance but I felt it gives me little inconvenience (I have already faced some difficulty in servicing my Fiesta) hence decided against driving away 40kms and wait whole day there to get back the car after service etc.

My family members preference was the Alto 800 but I wanted bit more powerful ride hence preferred K10 and started looking /reading various Ownership reviews/ discussions etc. So, after a week long checking and discussions with my family, finally decided to go for Alto K10.

Then next thing came in mind was whether to go for manual or auto shift model. Have checked/discussed with few of my local friends and the opinion was that my usage is limited (not for daily use) and will be using the car for family drives and a manual one will do the work(saving around Rs.50,000[roll]).

Since a final decision has been taken, then visited nearby Maruti dealer and discussed about K10 and Celerio models. Celerio seems over priced for the same engine but with only some extra features.. K10 VXi(O) & AMT variant is not available immediately and may have to wait atleast one month and as such they recommended to go in for VXi or LXi. Accordingly got the price details and collected the brochure and came back.

Again more discussion about which variant to go for and if lower variant then what are accessories to select etc . Finally decided to go for VXi variant and obtained quotation from the dealer which submitted to my bank for them to process the loan. Accordingly, on 22nd of November made the full payment to the dealer and they started the formalities

They promised, the vehicle will be delivered to me on 24th or 25th November, but when I checked with the sales guy on 24th morning, he told me that he need to check with their head-office and also understood that they have not yet Invoiced the car. (it is their usual formality that TP will be taken and also accessories being fitted only after Invoiced the car and in this case they have delayed the invoicing matter, I got some doubt that there seems some problem. Same day afternoon, the sales guy told me that some fault in Handbrake Cable (for all the cars dispatched in the same batch) and Maruti have asked the dealer to hold the cars till they come and inspect.

On the same day I have sent an email to their head office, immedialtey I got a call from their Branch Head who told me that Maruti asked them to Hold all K10’s which were dispatched in November and reason for same is not known to him. Maruti Engineer are coming and will inspect the vehicles and then release to the customers.

Saturday,Sunday & Monday passed peacefully (ofcourse Monday was Harthal day here) without any update from them, but received an email from the senior guy on Tuesday 29th November that the vehicle will be released on 30th and I will get delivery on 1st of December.

Because of this Holding business, I lost 10 days (loan interest and Insurance coverage) and asked them to compensate for the delay which was caused by Maruti. The dealer head replied back confirming that they will give 6.5% interest([surprise]) for the delayed days (i.e 4 days was the their normal time for a car delivery and beyond 4 days they ready to pay back at 6.5% which works out Rs.75 per day)

The car reached the dealer on 2nd Dec evening after taking TP. Been there on 3rd morning and checked if all accessories were fitted. I have also asked them to change head light bulb (from stock to Phillips extreme vision bulb).

I, alongwith the Sales guy took the vehicle to my RTO (again 40kms away from my place/dealer office) but due to heavy traffic enroute (also got delayed getting Hypothication paper signed by the Bank), we missed that day’s RTO inspection, but managed to book 4 digit fancy number). On Monday (5th Dec), the car was again taken to the RTO and got registered (luckily I got the fancy number requested without any competition).

The car was bought back to the service station, fitted the Phillips extreme vision bulb, washed once again and there she is ready for delivery to the Owner. By 5Pm yesterday, I took delivery of the car. The delivery procedure was very pleasant and quick. They gave me a small pack of sweets and a mini tissue paper pocket as delivery time compliment from Maruti.

I am not giving story about the car performance review because already we have more than one review here. However, I found the performance is nice and decent music system at this price etc.

Accessories fitted:

-Fog Lamps
-Reverse Parking Camera (Nippon RPAS 80)
-Underbody coating
-Central Locking (NCS-509/1109)
-Full mat
-Foot mats
-Body Side molding
-Mud Flaps
-Door Visor
-Steering Wheel cover

Planning for good seat-cover, soon (I didnt like the colour of the Art leather seat cover which they have in stock).

Will upload some screen shots soon..[:)]

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Re: My Next car - Cute Grey Alto K10

Congrats on the Chotta Car.
Alto is really peace of mind. However I do feel you should've gone for AMT rather than fancy number if it was really 5k Rupees away.

P.s- I do not know if you had to pay for Fancy number.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Re: My Next car - Cute Grey Alto K10

Congrats on the Chotta Car.
Alto is really peace of mind. However I do feel you should've gone for AMT rather than fancy number if it was really 5k Rupees away.

P.s- I do not know if you had to pay for Fancy number.
Sorry, it was Rs.50,000 (not 5000 - typo error).
I paid Rs.3000 towards the 4 digit number. (they have different rates for different type of fancy numbers, from single digit to 4 digit numbers)

Thread Starter #8

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Few more Screen shots:

002.jpg
(Revers Parking)

005.jpg
(USB/Aux ports)

006.jpg
(Seat belt warning indicator)

and, MapmyIndia GPS which I have been using in my previous Car.
004.jpg

Thread Starter #9

Nairrk

Honoured Member
screenshot-www.theautomotiveindia.com 2016-12-07 15-00-02.jpeg

Any idea, what this small screw type switch is meant for??
(I did not wait for delivery guy's explanation of what all things /features inside car, instead I just drove away as soon as documents signed and Keys handed over. All other switches/features are familiar but this one is something I cant figure out??)

Thread Starter #13

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Yes, I have already checked the manual but unable find anything about this switch. I think this switch along with the on/off switch for fog lamps fitted by accessory guys...!

Congrats!!

Would you be kind enough to give the prices of the accessories that you fit in your car?

Wishing you many a happy miles ahead!

Top Bottom