Replaced My Esteem VXI with Esteem LXI

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys

As you people know in my last post, I had asked the advice for repairing or replacing my front left apron that had cracked, My previous Esteem Vxi that I had brought from Mumbai
and it was my weekend and highway buddy for almost 3 plus years, during these periods I spent almost more than what I brought the Car for, Tyres, cooling system, front suspension, complete bushing, battery, audio repair, power windows [ were terribly slow even after oiling cleaning, repairing, I remember screaming to whoever was in the passenger seats to not roll down the windows more than 50% cause they never used to go back up without help by pulling it, [lol], I remember one funny event we went to see a movie and in the parking lot when i parked my car the driver side window did not roll up, it was so embarrassing, I had to switch off the car wait for some time and then so slowly it rolled up with me pulling it with my hand and bam the glass came loose from the assembly that day i felt like selling the car in there and then itself......] Still life went on and every now and then some new thing used to come up, selling was not an option because i had spent almost close to 70k. and buying a new car was out of option. Then one day the apron cracked while driving and i was fortunate enough to control the car, that was it that day i decided to sell the car after repairing, I welded the front apron with additional metal inserts. And the car was posted on OLX with proper information that the front apron needs repair or replacement the amount that i was getting was very low which i expected, but was waiting for a miracle, after about 3 weeks i got a call from a gentleman, He came to see the car, he liked the car because i keep my car very clean polished, after he drove it he liked it i told him the front apron needs repair, he decided to buy the car for a reasonable amount I finalized the deal and the same evening the car was delivered.
If things happen they happen so fast, that in one day the deal was through.........[roll]

Now the search started again On OLX.
options
1- optra -
2- swift vxi [though out of budget]
3- accent
4- maruti alto
5-tata indica

now issue with the above models according to me, optra-low fuel efficiency, finding spares, higher cost of ownership

swift- nothing wrong but, our family requires a boot when travelling

accent- I did not like the shape of the car I just could not connect with it

tata indica- Had one earlier, the issue with indica is that there are so many indica with the tour operators, that whenever you go with your family it feels like i am the driver doing my duty...

So while searching on Olx i come across One ad Esteem Lxi 2007 for sale modified with body kit fitted,
I check the ad and the car looks nice, and maintained with low mileage,

The thing that i had like about my previous esteem was the superb driving position no fatigue whatsoever, city drive needs lot of gear changes but once you are on the highway it can keep up with most of the latest car and beat some of them too, beside that good fuel mileage, availability of spares. And I had gained quite a bit of experience in repairs too so i knew what to look for [ The saying goes A know devil is better than an unknown devil]
and the car was also in my budget, so the meeting fixed and i am off to Mumbai to buy the car, saw the car it was very well kept checked everything took a test drive and the car almost felt like a new car, it was just used in weekends the service history was also there no major rust the car had just done 40000 km the owner was a genuine gentleman, so paid the full amount and the car was mine

Car details
Esteem Lxi
year- 2007
Tyres- all new Tubless
engine- not touched
brake pads-new
Lcd screen
basic audio with pioneer speakers

full body kit
paint in superb condition
fells firm to drive no abnormal noise internal or external
front 2 power windows and this time they work like any other car
rear manual [thank god] now no more screaming at the kids

Driving the car on the roads gets me lot of attention because of the body kit

final verdict- I love esteem and i got a very good car in reasonable amount I AM HAPPY [:D]
So now Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you My Esteem Lxi in all its glory....
20161122_173836.jpg

20161122_173855.jpg

20161122_173909.jpg

20161122_173947.jpg

20161125_071005.jpg

20161125_071012.jpg

20161125_071028.jpg

20161125_071040.jpg

20161125_071207.jpg

20161125_071109.jpg

Congrats on the new ride, and especially an Esteem again [:)]
Car looks clean except for the body kit, stickers and seat cover (personal opinion though)
Wish you happy miles ahead.

Congratulations. I agree with you at times we prefer a manual operation to a power operation at the rear.
The car looks in good condition. Just do away with the sticker work as it doesn't suit the car.
Enjoy your ride.

Top Bottom