Honda City VX 2014 Finally in Our Garage

Thread Starter #1
Hello TIA-GERs,
This is Sri Krishna again with another ownership review of my Honda City VX Golden Brown.
This is our fourth car. In 2001 we bought a Maruti Suzuki 800 DX 5 Gears and sold In the year 2012 and welcomed our first sedan Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire. And in 2015 we welcomed our Tall boy WagonR CNG about which I recently wrote a review. Our fourth car thought started in 2016 as our Dzire met with an accident and it was slowly developing problems. Our car search started in the month of June.

CARS EXPLORED: As our budget was 11L we started looking towards top end Compact sedans and crossovers.

Our daily commute is around 70-100 KM and it's a mix of Highway and city roads. Kompally- Begumpet Airport and Begumpet Airport to Kompally. Whatever the distance may be, we always take a petrol car.

PRIORITIES:
Good Looks
Reliable
Decent Mileage
Good boot space and legroom
Good after sales service
Value for money.

HONDA AMAZE: No one in my family liked that car mainly the looks and interiors of the car gave a bit downmarket feel finally gave up the thought of buying an Amaze. We didn't go for a test drive as I know that I will not take that car though it's powerful than its competitors . ( NO INTENTIONS TO HURT AMAZE OWNERS)

My father was interested in Dzire but I was not interested in owning the same car again. He listened to me a gave up the thought of a Dzire.

MARUTI SUZUKI VITARA BREZZA:
The car was just launched heavy demand for that car Sales person asked us to wait for an year for the delivery by which we were badly disappointed and gave up the thought. Ofcource the car is excellent it has nice features solid crossover look, but we want a car as early as possible.

We didn't like Hyundai Creta as I felt that it's not value for money. Top end costs almost 15l on road. I always feel to take a XUV 500 instead of taking a Creta. ( NO INTENTIONS TO HURT CRETA OWNERS)

FORD FIGO ASPIRE:
Entered the showroom Modi Ford Begumpet they greeted us well and explained us everything about ASPIRE. We liked the looks mainly the Aston Martin grill the waiting period was 10 days as we wanted a titanium plus variant which Comes with 6 AIRBAGS.
Went to home my father discussed the matter with my mom she liked white coulour the next day we went to the showroom with mom for a test drive, sadly the car was not available. We were very much disappointed and while returning home we came across the
FORD ECOSPORT:
It is an excellent vehicle packed with features and a mini SUV look which my mother liked a lot. We also thought to see TUV300.

We had two cars shortlisted ECOSPORT and TUV300
TUV300:
The next day we visited Mahindra Showroom in Kompally KVC Motors. Liked the vehicle and looks went for a test drive liked everything but my dad colleagues who own a TUV300 said not to take the car.

we were left with zero alternatives. Didn't book a ECOSPORT because of its bad petrol engine same problem with ASPIRE.

We decided to continue with the sale car for few more years.
Then came October.
My fathers close friend has a Honda City VX 2014 Model with zero scratches and 24000 KM in the odometer. I always liked that car but never thought of buying that car.
Monday 8:30PM My dad got a call from him saying that he's shifting to Singapore and he's selling his car for 9.5L my dad immediately decided to buy that car and discussed with my mom and then me.
He told me to sell our Dzire as soon as possible. I was on that work and he was on the new car work.
After one week I sold our Swift Dzire ZXI In olx for 5L. The very next day my dad gave 9L to his friend and took the car. Anyhow his friend used it for 15 days for local transits and gave us while he was leaving Hyderabad.
Coming to HONDA CITY VX:
In one word it's an AMAZING car.
Pros:
Lengthy car
Spacious legroom
Excellent seats
Excellent ride quality
Steering wheel is responsive confidence inspiring
Sunroof
Cabin Insulation
Super smooth cabin
Cruise Control
Music System
Super cool AC
Cons:
Head room difficult for a person who is 6. I'm 5.11 and still facing some problem while going in.
Touch screen AC Panel
Rear view camera.
Nothing else than that.
Overall it's an amazing car and we are planning for a road trip to Araku will write about that shortly.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
I didn't consider VW, Skoda, Fiat, Chevrolet, Nissan and Renault because of their bad reputation and after sales service. Though they are strong.

Congratulations on your buy. Wish you a great ownership experience with the car.
Must say that you have got yourself an awesome deal with such less run car and the features which you have mentioned in the pros list is just so desirable.

I didn't consider VW, Skoda, Fiat, Chevrolet, Nissan and Renault because of their bad reputation and after sales service. Though they are strong.
VW Vento, Skoda Rapid, Fiat Linea, Chevrolet Cruze, Nissan Sunny and even the Renault Duster. Man you were ignoring some decent cars which offer good value. The 8-11 Lac category is incomplete without them.

Nevertheless, the City is an equally good buy. Congratulations. Is that a petrol or diesel version?

Regards,
Alpha

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
VW Vento, Skoda Rapid, Fiat Linea, Chevrolet Cruze, Nissan Sunny and even the Renault Duster. Man you were ignoring some decent cars which offer good value. The 8-11 Lac category is incomplete without them.

Nevertheless, the City is an equally good buy. Congratulations. Is that a petrol or diesel version?

Regards,
Alpha
Hi Alpha
SKODA and VW are strong cars but coming to the after sales service its worst. Nssan and renault i did not like the model and interior. Duster is a good car but i my friend who has a duster said not to take as it is difficult to control the vehicle in high speed.
Its a petrol top end version

Congratulations on your buy. Wish you a great ownership experience with the car.
Must say that you have got yourself an awesome deal with such less run car and the features which you have mentioned in the pros list is just so desirable.
Thank you Ricky Bhai.
Ill write another review of my car in dec. planning for a trip to vishakhapatanam.

could not post pics of my car due to some problem.

Here are few pics.

DSC01541.JPG

resized 2.jpg

resized 3.jpg

resized 4.jpg

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Alpha
SKODA and VW are strong cars but coming to the after sales service its worst. Nssan and renault i did not like the model and interior. Duster is a good car but i my friend who has a duster said not to take as it is difficult to control the vehicle in high speed.
Its a petrol top end version

Thank you Ricky Bhai.
Ill write another review of my car in dec. planning for a trip to vishakhapatanam.

could not post pics of my car due to some problem.

Here are few pics.

View attachment 214868

View attachment 214870

View attachment 214871

View attachment 214872
Hi Whats the average in city traffic?

Top Bottom