Ford Fiesta 1.6S Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Warm welcome to all TAIgers !! This is going to be a teeny bit long. Please bear with me.:stupid:

Soon as I bought the 2001 Honda City Vtec I was very happy for my decision and was soon muching up some miles.I was running on Vogtland Lowering Springs, that indeed was one of the worst decision by me[frustration] Even though the car looked bloody awesome on the roll and on stand still, it was such a pain to take it over bad roads and over speed bumps.It indeed was one of the best Honda car's I ever used. That 15 year old engine still pulls like anything even with a close to 2Lakh km's on board with the engine and clutch untouched. And the Quality and feel of the Interior was much better and robust than my 2013 model Honda Amaze.

Soon the itch for a better handling car fired up in my mind and whenever " Handling " comes up, VRS was the only suggestion I got.A friend of mine has an Octavia VRS and I know the car very well for the well built pocket rocket. Though it's services were a nightmare with Skoda Dealership here.That was one of the first thing that made me to think, Am I ready for this.? Am I financially secure for this ?! No indeed !!

The Octavia VRS does looked good but after seeing and driving a Laura VRS for the very first time, that too a Sprint Yellow shade was , Oh My God, It was Heavenly !!
After seeing and feeling both the car's I felt that the Octavia to be much more of a driver's car and the Laura Vrs was an All rounder. Rear seats of the Laura felt a but more comfortable than the Octavia's . I tried my best to convince myself that I can own one, but failed miserably because of Lack of Vitamin M. A close friend of me then suggested me about getting a Ford Fiesta 1.6S. I had the opportunity to drive a fellow friend's 1.6S and was very happy how the car goes around the corners. Soon i start to get a feeling that " this is the car I was looking for ". Started to search for a mint condition car with less kms on odo and all I find was either a either not maintained properly with no service records or abused one's. I really don't want to get my head into it. So calmed down and kept searching. It went on for months and months...

Ahmadabad Trip and a series of Unfortunate Events

As my searches went on and on forever, A new ad popped up, Location was Thaltej,Ahmadabad. Called him to know more details of the car. He sent me many pictures of the car . It was Aquarius Blue, so I was drooling all over it. The car looked so damn good on the pics. It was a 2009 car as per him and with 35k kms on the odo. I was like " what else should I wait for".Booked tickets on Train for the nearest day via Tatkal. I am not good in Hindi, so a friend also accompanied me to Ahmadabad. It took almost 2 days to reach Ahmadabad and I was on a Train trip after many years, so was a bit nostalgic as well energetic hoping to finally stop my search and was dreaming of driving back home with a 2000 kms road trip.Reached there on the second day night, took taxi to the hotel , got freshen up and slept dreaming.

The very next day, woke up early and called him. He updated me the location of the car. It was luckily near my hotel, around 5 kms. Rushed to the location.It was a Ford Dealership and this guy was the service manager. He said that this was their MD's car and was taken proper care and maintenance. To be frank, the first look at the car, I lost all my hope. The car was lying of the service centre, with all windows down for no reason and with a lot of body works. I asked him to get the car wash and go for a test drive. Waited about half hour and voila, the car was out in the roads.The engine was revving freely and happily. It had a very strong pull to the left. The car was out of fuel on my TD, just after 1 Km and everything felt so wrong with it.The Odo was showing 35xxx kms, but that was too hard to believe with all other signs that showed up on the car. They arranged fuel and promised me to do an Tire alignment to check the left pull. Waited another 1 hour and the same guy came back with the car and i went for a TD- Round 2!!

The car was still pulling to left, and the right ORVM was not working. I right away felt to stop checking the car and come back home. Those guys was forcing me too much to take the car, don't know why. It was a 2008 manufactured car which was registered on 2009, which made it 2009 car according to that fool[anger] He even made all the agreement ready with my name on it, and all I have to do was give the cash and take the car. I felt I was on a trap. I strongly said I don't need this crap car. I was not even sure that it can do a 2000 kms run back home.Booked bus tickets to Bangalore the next day, since Train tickets was not available. A 25 hour bus trip to Bangalore on a Multi Axle bus was comfortable as well boring .And another bus from their to Trivandrum. Gosh ! It was like a series of Unfortunate events !!
I made up my mind that, I won't be never going down to pick up a car to that distances . The search was still going on I was never willing to give up. Months passed by. In mean time my city got sold :(Finally after months of search , I found another Aquarius Blue 1.6S at Kozhikode, Called him righ up, negotiated on the price and Thought of giving it a try .

Another Train Trip was brewing !

IMG_20161009_071043914-01.jpeg

Reached Calicut, Saw the car . Cosmetically the car had a lot of swirls and scratches which was not evident on the pics. But ye the car was mechanically sound and hence now she's resting on my Garage!

Let the picture's do the talking !

The Mandatory filling up that I always love to do :)

IMG_20161009_142227787.jpg

The number's that matter ;)

IMG_20161012_081130236-01.jpeg

IMG_20161009_142757426.jpg

IMG-20161004-WA0078.jpg

IMG-20161009-WA0024.jpg

IMG-20161004-WA0072.jpg

IMG-20161004-WA0075.jpg

IMG-20161004-WA0077.jpg

IMG-20161004-WA0080.jpg

We are safe home and she kept up well. Took appointment at SVC for tomorrow. Have to do a thorough checkup on the car and analyze it's health cause I'll be keeping this car :) More details will be updated :)

Last edited:
Hi,
Its really very sad to return without Car after a long travel . But your hard work, now you have a very good looking beauty. In pictures, its looking fantastic.
Congratulations and wishes to clock many more miles without issues.

Nice Write up bro, this blue baby is exciting! Those body kits are just wow for this vehicle.

I do understand the pain of searching for an used one as I'd faced, but travelling thousands of miles! Man you're crazy. Lucky you found out the falseness and didn't make the decision, you've traveled so far, let's take the car and set it right [;)]

On parallel lines, when I was in the market for a used diesel, came up with Fiesta TDCi which was very near to my home and to my utter dismay found it to be an accidental one.

Wish you many happy miles and please do post more pictures of this beauty and be sure to update reviews. [drive]

Congrats. The blue looks awesome - I keep looking for good shades of blue when I shop for a new car. Even just when I booked my Vento Tsi, Night blue was discontinued. Fabulous colour.
This is one car I always dreamt about owning when I had no means to own one. I used to keep staring at it for as long as I could when I spot one on the road! After getting the feel of the Petrol Ikon 1.3, I used to just visualise me in front of the steering of this great car. The reality is these genre of cars died a slow death and what we have is pseudo drivers cars just with horses under the hood like Polo GT which I feel is a over rated car.
I also own an All new Fiesta and the sheer happiness in motion it provides is what I miss in my Vento Tsi. I am actually much faster reaching Point B from A on a Fiesta than Vento Tsi (with paddle shifters) with the same average speed to compare.
That's what I say is true driver's car and you own one! Happy motoring. Please update this thread and your experience behind the wheel of this gem.

Thread Starter #9
Wow wow wow. You are one lucky chap. I tried hard to get one and finally settled for 1.6. Wish you many happy miles man
Thanks Man :)

Congratulation buddy!!!

You are living my dreams now.
Thank you so much :)

Hi,
Its really very sad to return without Car after a long travel . But your hard work, now you have a very good looking beauty. In pictures, its looking fantastic.
Congratulations and wishes to clock many more miles without issues.
Yes, indeed it was. I tried to convince myself many times to take that car and repair it up, but it was that bad, happen to be one of the best decisions I've ever made.
Thankyou :)

Nice Write up bro, this blue baby is exciting! Those body kits are just wow for this vehicle.

I do understand the pain of searching for an used one as I'd faced, but travelling thousands of miles! Man you're crazy. Lucky you found out the falseness and didn't make the decision, you've traveled so far, let's take the car and set it right

On parallel lines, when I was in the market for a used diesel, came up with Fiesta TDCi which was very near to my home and to my utter dismay found it to be an accidental one.

Wish you many happy miles and please do post more pictures of this beauty and be sure to update reviews.
Thank you man :)

Hi Vichu (Vishnu off course )

Congrats your new purchase happy miles ahead. :) (I haven't read the review yet, but commenting first.)
Thanks Rakesh , well do read my post BTW:lol!:

Congrats on the new acquisition
Will miss that clean VTEC
Anyway the mighty ford look killer in the blue shade
Thanks Vishak. Well VTEC has already won my heart, will be looking for a clean stock car allover again in parallel [evil]

The reality is these genre of cars died a slow death and what we have is pseudo drivers cars just with horses under the hood like Polo GT which I feel is a over rated car.
That Truth has been Spoken :agree:

That's what I say is true driver's car and you own one! Happy motoring. Please update this thread and your experience behind the wheel of this gem.
Thank you so much man, Thanks for taking the time to pen down your views. !!

Update

In mean time, got the car thoroughly cleaned up at a nearby place. To be frank , I quite strongly believe that the previous owner didn't happen to wash the under body ever !!

IMG_20161012_081105904.jpg

Engine bay

IMG_20161012_081709323.jpg

No rust was found inside. Opened to vaccum clean up. Apparenty the car had aftermarket speakers which were removed

IMG_20161012_081917183.jpg

Both the rear suspensions rubber bush is up for a replacement.

IMG_20161012_082245591.jpg

IMG_20161012_082256101.jpg

No suspension leaks whatsoever!

IMG_20161012_082553325.jpg

8 years of mud,slush and dirt :|

IMG_20161012_082617335.jpg

Which in turn started to rust around the silencer areas. Very slight rust. Will be doing an under body coating asap.

IMG_20161012_082717352.jpg

Washed down the whole under body twice to fully clean it up. Apparently the ex-owner's home was nearby a drive-in beach and that's what happened.

IMG_20161012_090926705.jpg

Clean and Crisp

IMG_20161012_171325576_HDR-01.jpeg

Wow. You got a 1.6S in blazing blue. You are one of the luckiest autohead on the forum. Fill up the tank, go for a drive and treat us with more pictures. Wish you many more happy miles.

Wow. You got a 1.6S in blazing blue. You are one of the luckiest autohead on the forum. Fill up the tank, go for a drive and treat us with more pictures. Wish you many more happy miles.
Hello VishnuVichu Bro,

Congrats on your New Buy The Ford Fiesta 1.6S, And i wish you a Long Long happy and safe miles ahead[:)] Wow actually the Aquarius Blue colour is an awesome one to pick with in Fiesta S i too Own a Fiesta Its a Fida Edition Copper Rust Colour, When we bought our Fiesta the Fiesta S was also available we had a big confusion in which one to go for but finally due to the dual tone black beige colour scheme and some cool features like the ORVM Mount turn indicators we opted for the Fida edition also the colour that we own was a very big reason on the deal breaker of Fiesta S. Any ways a Heartful Congrats and Wishes I've Subscribed to your thread kindly Update it as am very much interested and a fan of fiesta S Specifically the Aquarius Blue And the Paprika Red[:)]

A Some pic Of my Fiesta:

Attachments

Last edited:
Hello VishnuVichu Bro,

Congrats on your New Buy The Ford Fiesta 1.6S, And i wish you a Long Long happy and safe miles ahead[:)] Wow actually the Aquarius Blue colour is an awesome one to pick with in Fiesta S i too Own a Fiesta Its a Fida Edition Copper Rust Colour, When we bought our Fiesta the Fiesta S was also available we had a big confusion in which one to go for but finally due to the dual tone black beige colour scheme and some cool features like the ORVM Mount turn indicators we opted for the Fida edition also the colour that we own was a very big reason on the deal breaker of Fiesta S. Any ways a Heartful Congrats and Wishes I've Subscribed to your thread kindly Update it as am very much interested and a fan of fiesta S Specifically the Aquarius Blue And the Paprika Red[:)]

A Some pic Of my Fiesta:
Sorry for OT but running into a Coimbatore TIA-ger is a rare occurrence [;)].

@VishnuVichu - I can't stop drooling at your blue 1.6 man. Lovely color that is. Wish you many more sporty miles on it.

Sorry for OT but running into a Coimbatore TIA-ger is a rare occurrence [;)].

@VishnuVichu - I can't stop drooling at your blue 1.6 man. Lovely color that is. Wish you many more sporty miles on it.
Ok Prabhagar, Actually i don't get what your saying, can you please Explain me bro. Sorry For Going OT.

And Yes Vishnuvichu Bro Its Very tempting To see a Fiesta Aquarius blue I can't Take my Eye's of it

Top Bottom