Maruti Suzuki Ciaz VDI+ Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Hello All

Being a proud owner of Ciaz SHVS VDI+ for an year now, thought of posting the ownership review for the vehicle. Came across TAI and found it to be the right platform for the same. So, 28th Oct 2015 I received the on spot delivery of my Pearl snow white Ciaz VDI+ from Pasco gurgaon (I was in gurgaon that time, now in Jamnagar). It was joint decision by me and my better half, i went for the technical aspects and she preferred the financial and cosmetics side. An year later my odometer shows almost 20,000 kms and endless smiles till date. So let's begin with the driving experience.

Drive quality: City ride through out has been completely hassle free, rather very comfortable. Have taken long tours from Gurgaon to Ahmedabad, Gurgaon to Pangot (nainital), Gurgaon to Jamnagar within this ear. Now on highways its an absolute pleasure with options to adjust your seats manually according to the driving/road conditions. I am not a very fitness savvy guy so have experienced some pain and discomfort in my left thigh and lower hips portions after long hours at wheels, trying different sitting posters didn't make any deference. So have started getting use to it. Now the mileage/average part, has been astonishing as withing city (majorly Delhi NCR) with ranging from 18 to 19km/l with climate control always on. Highways were a delight with at times ending up spending more on tolls then fuel (not literally) with up to 23 to 24 km/l and of course with the climate control full time. Now, i don't think any sedan can beat that in this segment.

Passenger Experience: We are a family of 3, Me wife and 3yr old princess. So, given the space this vehicle has it has been a living room [:D] on long drives. Now, co driver seat with head rest removed and reclined to the full touching the back seat becomes a business class like flat bed (almost) and great seat to be in on long drives.

Storage: With ample glass/bottle holders on all four doors and back seat arm rest and big glove box, nothing is hanging or spilling around. Not to forget the 510 liters boot that let us pack anything and everything even for a weekend getaway with 25 ltr ice box and kid's pram/stroller included.

Mileage: All ready informed about the 18-19 km/l city with AC to 23-24 km/l on highway with AC again. However the catch here is to maintain the speed under 120 km/hr or in 5th gear with approx/under 2000 rpm.

Maintenance: Zero extra maintenance other then regular service. I prefer synthetic oil so costs a little extra but its ok. Cost of maintenance is close to, if not same as swift d'zire. Typically MSIL vehicle with low cost of ownership, with only MGA spares and regular on time maintenance.

Now, cons are something are tough to find, however lag while gear changes is there, though not as much as other horse in MSIL stable. Fully loaded boot and full passenger capacity does reduce the ground clearance making it tough on rough road, but that's same with all other competitions. Greater wheelbase at times is a trouble on high speed breakers but only with fully loaded to the core. Length is a bit issue while reversing and parking for wife, i am okay with it. So reverse cam is kind of compulsory.

Overall a great product from MSI and truly value of a million bucks you've spent on it.

Hi,
Congratulations on your Maruti Ciaz. Wishes to clock many more miles without any issues.
Post some images of your car on this one year ownership.

Top Bottom