Ford Aspire Titanium (Diesel): The Beast

Thread Starter #1
Hello Guys,

I am Proud to say that I have clocked 19000Km on my Ford Aspire also recently celebrated the first birthday of my Beast. I still remember the day I first saw the car and instantly fell in love with it. [cheers]

It was a sunny day on September’15 when I along with my day went on a mid-size sedan hunt and checked pretty much every brand market had Tata Zest, Hyundai Xcent, Honda Amaze, Swift Dzire & Toyota Etios. And later rejected Dzire because we already own a Swift, Amaze interiors, looks and drivability, Toyota although a good car mainly because of Taxi feeling (Airport taxi’s), lastly we were stuck between Zest for petrol version feature and Xcent for overall (quality & overall features) and finalized Hyundai Xcent with half heart as my dad and other members of my family were very convinced about the car. But I still wanted to check Ford Aspire (as I had already driven Ford Classic many times and I loved it) before making a final decision and there it was, we were the first visitors at the ford showroom to look at the display car the Ruby red beauty fell in love with the first look forgot about all the other cars the discounts and freebies they had promised, everyone was very awed by the looks and then and there we paid the token amount and did a pre-booking although the price was not announced yet. Got the car in 1 week of the price announce day I went for a Titanium as I am not a big fan of their Sync system or leather seat cover (already seen in Ecosport not a pleasant experience).

P_20150920_160535.jpg

Car was delivered on Sep 11 below are the service Intervals.
1St Service: 2500 Km October’15.
2nd Sercive: 9975 Km February’16.
3rd Service: 19000Km October’16.

Got PCM updated for power train module during 1st service & RCM (airbag) updated 3rd service.
Got the head light bulbs upgraded to 90/100 W Philips with a relay kit installed cost around 1800Rs.

My Observation: [drive]

• 1.5 TDCI engine with power close to 100BHP with phenomenal pick-up and overtaking ability making it an easy go in city traffic, an excellent highway runner and a powerful climber on steep ghats and roads.
• The Steering is smooth has good response and you will feel very comfortable and at ease while cornering although the tires look small surprisingly they grip road well and stable still recommend 185 instead of stock 175 for increased grip.
• The gears are a little notchy especially while sifting between lower gears when new but now I don’t observe that.
• Rattling of doors and bonnet was addressed during the first service by the dealer by changing the rubber bush now there are is no noise.
• The body panels feel thin but are sturdy the bumper are strong but beware the body will get scratches and dimples easily.
• Head light bulbs were pathetic 60/55W not at all good making night driving very risky on 2 way single lane road, so changed them to Philips 100/90W they do their job perfectly.

Coming to the mileage ford has done a good job optimizing the power-mill without compromising on power and pick-up. Below are my mileage and drive speed condition.
City Bangalore traffic with AC: 14Kmpl – 18Kmpl average speed: 20Kmph ~ 60Kmph frequent gear shifts.
Highway with AC: 19Kmpl – 22Kmpl average speed: 100Kmph ~ 140Kmph

Best fuel economy I got 30Kmpl at an average speed of 60Kmph on a stretch of 65Km
Top speed achieved at 186Kmph (Nokia GPS “here drive app”) still room left for more.
But on an average I am a heavy foot frequent 4 lane/ 6 lane highway driver getting around 21kmpl average over all.

Below few pics of my Beast. [:D]
mut.jpg

AT Ooty:
ooty.jpg

At Nandi Hills:
oo1.jpg

At Nagarhole entrance with Baleno:
Nagar.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Ford Aspire Titanium (Diesel) The Beast

hey, congratulations buddy for your new car. is it the 6 airbag version or 2? I always like the handling characteristic of ford.

Congrats buddy!
Where were the photos taken?

I see a Baleno. I know this is not a proper comparison. But how does aspire compare against baleno?

Aspire is really a head turner. I owns a global fiesta and loves ford for its dynamics. Though they are not very good in case of interiors.

Thread Starter #6

Congrats buddy!
Where were the photos taken?

I see a Baleno. I know this is not a proper comparison. But how does aspire compare against baleno?
Hi thank you,

Well you are right it is not a proper comparison, since you asked the Baleno in the back is one of my friends its a petrol Zeta variant. All the safety features are same in both the cars, both the cars are specious and roomy cabins but Baleno has a slight upper hand. Both the cars have good interiors not the best in class but feel great once you are inside. Now both are comfortable cars to drive but Aspire diesel has far better drive dynamics when compared with both diesel/petrol Baleno, but when compared to petrol Aspire [lol]. Looks wise both are good looking but [thumbsup] for Aspire.

Hey, Nice write up and pics. How would you rate the Ford ASS in Bangalore. I am keen on the EcoSport, but have heard mixed reviews on the ASS. Would really appreciate a real world user's perspective. Thank you

Top Bottom