All-New Honda City VX MT Diesel i-DTec Taffeta White

Thread Starter #1
Preface:
My parents require car for their personal work (they stay 80 kms away from my location), so I handed over Innova to my parents.
Now I became “Bekar (Car)” without car.
Initial thought. “Abhi abhi Itni mehngi bike kharidi hai, abhi car nahi kharidna”, Just now I have purchased such a expensive bike, don’t want to purchase a car again.

Due to family reasons I had to go for a car. But question was which one?
Hunt started

Hyundai Verna:
Positive: Loaded with features,16 inch alloy wheel, projector lamp, 1.6 ltr engine.
Negatives: So many complaints of loosing control at high speed (seems life threatening), no second row AC (must for a sedan).

VW Vento: average interior, rejected by family members.

Skoda Rapid: horrible ASS and re-sale value. average interior.

Maruti dZire: ultimate package, but average interior. Less features, only 5+1 gearbox.

Maruti Ciaz: BIG body, more features, projector lamp but low power.

Honda BR-V: BIG body with low power, third row is only for kids,Basic interior (not good as City’s) could not take place in my heart, as it was already occupied by City

Honda City: Hmm.. This one seems interesting, eye catching body style and cuts, huge space inside with excellent interior,
Excellent lumbar support,
Sun roof adds extra bonus mark,
Bone chilling AC,
Second row AC,
6+1 gearbox,
power folding ORVM,
comfort is at luxury level.
Negatives: 15 Inch wheel (expecting 16 inch),
aged Alloy design (Malaysia model got better alloys)

Test Drive:
Did test drive (V-MT i-dTec)
first impression was WOW!!
Car looks way better in person than in pictures.

Exterior:
I love those edges, aero dynamic, aggressive as well as royal look, slim yet effective and efficient headlights.

Interior:
Excellent dashbaord with curves and color combination. Beautiful console with blue light, Second row AC, excellent comfirt and space, space and space.

Drive:
Did almost 25+ kms drive, on broken road as well as on highway.
Car was stable even at 150 km/ph.
Car behaved well while cornering, no dragging (excellent enginnering and balacing).
After 15+ km drive, driver took wheel from me (Driver is the same guy who did testing of BR-V from begining, according to driver’s and sales man’s information).

Stability and braking
driver took car at 150 km/ph and asked me to look at speedometer, yes confirmed 150 km/ph,
Then he applied hard brake, within 3- 4 seconds car was at 0 km/ph.
I must say excellent braking, ABS kicked in. Not wheel locking, No marks on road. Quick braking.
Many people reported slim tyres discourage short braking, but I did not feel any thing like that. Braking was excellent.
Cruize control and reverse parking
tried cruize control at 80+.
tried reversing on steep climb. Car behaved very well.
Reverse parking camera gives good view but sensor is required if someone suddenly appears.

Low road noise was present in cabin but can not expect silent cabin from a test drive car, as every one knows how test drive cars are driven roughly by drivers.
I believe New car will not have that problem.

We did test drive for around 40+ minutes.
City impressed my wife and me.
My wife gave confirmation seal on City.

We confirmed our booking for City (VX MT iDtec) in august for October Month.

Made a visit to honda showroom, very less cars were there, only 4 pieces of honda city and 2 of amaze, 2 BR-V, other cars one demo piece.
They offered me discount of rs.33000 (Free honda assure Insurance)

On Road price : 14,56,719

Discount offered Honda Assure - 33,203
Corporate Discount - 7,000
Misc Discount - 10,000
Final Amount 14,06,719
Booking Amount 30,000

Accessories
Body Cover, Mud Flap, Floor Mat Free
Side Step Illumination (6053Rs) Free
Underbody Antirust Coating Free

We booked car on 19-Aug-2016 by paying 30000`, and requested delivery on date 1-Oct-2016
While booking I requested for bridgstone tyres.

BIG Change
On 26/Sept/2016 got a manager, we are unable to deliver golden brown color on VX, please select another color, as Golden brown color is not available for next two months.
All my plan shattered, I was so deep in Golden Brown color. I thought of cancelling our deal, and thought of waiting for January 2017 for Facelift version, but after calculation, facelift version seemed too expensive for us.

Current Car On Road price is 14,60,000.00 INR
Free Insurance -33,302.00
Corp Discount -7,000.00
Misc Discount -10,000.00
Final On Road 14,09,698.00

For New Car discounts will not available
eg 14,60,000.00 + 50,000 = 15,10,000.00 On Road Price
0 Discount
RTO Will Increase, Insurance amount will Increase, Other Charges will also increase
Let say, it may go around 15,30,000.00

My current Price is 14,09,698.00
(15,30,000.00 - 14,09,698.00) = 120302 (Almost 1,20,000 difference for new facelift)
So now we selected taffeta white color. Car was dispatched from plant (Alwar) on 29/Sept/0216
This confirms car is brand new but still I asked for VIN, that confirmed it was September manufacture.

We made adjustment on color so we forced Manager to give us some discount.

Asked for free Door Step plates and underbody coating.

Few Pics while taking delivery

IMG_6738.JPG

IMG_6741.JPG

IMG_6747.JPG

IMG_6748.JPG

IMG_6749.JPG

IMG_6750.JPG

IMG_6756.JPG

IMG_6772.JPG

IMG_6774.JPG

IMG_6777.JPG

IMG_6779.JPG

Will Post detailed review soon.

Hi,
Congratulations on your new Honda City. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.
Price for Top end City is way too high i believe.

Congrats, nice car.
Is the taffeta white not a metallic color. a honda dealer told me that about brio. not sure about city.

Thread Starter #7
Just to clear your confusion , both the city and verna have lifeless steering. Dont know where you read about the fatalities. Do keep this in mind.
Thank you, sometimes even I feel Its a mind game, or may be road condition, and many times others thoughts also effect our decision.

my cousin has Verna (Old model), he said Old model is more stable/firm than newer one. same thing I also felt
but again it depends on our choice, I love Honda city, that's why I may feel little low about Verna.
Verna is Also a Excellent Choice, My second option was Verna

Congratulations on your new car [clap] . Enjoy happy & safe miles!
Thank you so much bro for good wishes

Hi,
Congratulations on your new Honda City. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.
Price for Top end City is way too high i believe.
Thank you so much for good wishes.
regarding price, Yes there is a huge price difference between V and VX Model of City,
Its around 1.3L difference

Thread Starter #8
Fixed front windshield Sunfilm,
garware Ice Cool, Total cost was 3800Rs, We don't have any 3M outlet in our location, so no other choice.

Garware Ice Cool

Gun in Action

Meanwhile I found something very interesting,
One guy brought is car for changing seat cover, as they removed seat, they found something under seats, a BIG Family

A Family of rats with 5 Babies, Nobody got courage to kill them because of their innocence, they were cuddling when they tried to move them,

Last edited:
Congrats buddy for the new ride, wish you many more happy miles ahead.

Just one quick question here, In your post you said that you have asked the showroom guys to get BS installed before delivery ? did they agree/adhere to this ? Once i tried this for my car and they reacted as if i have asked for heart transplant and ultimately the deal was off.

Thanks,
Satyajeet

Thread Starter #10
Congrats buddy for the new ride, wish you many more happy miles ahead.

Just one quick question here, In your post you said that you have asked the showroom guys to get BS installed before delivery ? did they agree/adhere to this ? Once i tried this for my car and they reacted as if i have asked for heart transplant and ultimately the deal was off.

Thanks,
Satyajeet
Thank you so much for good wishes

I requested them for bridgestone while booking, they said they will try,
sales guys clearly said "Its not in our hands, but still I'll try".

while delivering he said, every thing is decided at manufacturing plant,
even if we send request for tyres, they will not entertain.

their way of response was very polite.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your new Acquisition Vivek.

Wish you tons of happy miles. Just out of curiosity, do you know what percentage road tax you paid to RTO in RJ?

Thread Starter #13
met with small accident
It was raining heavily on 6 Oct 16 and I couldn't see the road properly
Suddenly front windshield started generating Fog, though AC was on
may be it was because that particular area is very cold
I couldn't see road divider, and i was driving close to divider, suddenly car right wheel kissed divider.
I thank God I was not driving in speed, speed was only 10 km/ph, and that divider was very small.
Just got few scratches on right front alloy
Took car for alignment, they said its very less, and they fixed it.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14
Sorry for the duplicate post, Images were not visible, so I reposted here

Fixed front windshield Sunfilm,
garware Ice Cool, Total cost was 3800Rs, We don't have any 3M outlet in our location, so no other choice.

Garware Ice Cool

Gun in action

Steering Cover

Closer look

Floor mat

Meanwhile I found something very interesting,
One guy brought is car for changing seat cover, as they removed seat, they found something under seats, a BIG Family

A Family of rats with 5 Babies, Nobody got courage to kill them because of their innocence, they were cuddling when they tried to move them.

Attachments

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Got 2 things in common with your above posts [lol]

Using the same sunfilm in figo and my verna but I bought them for 4200 Rs. Looks like I can bargain some more :p

This sunfilm will really do wonders if you park it direct under the sun for hours. Just make sure the Sunrays doesn't fall directly to the side windows and you will get unbelievably cool cabin.

I had the same rate problems in my i10 as well. They even chewed the fuel needle wire. The mechanic said it it had been the other wire the car wouldn't even start.

Just never keep anything eatable inside the car or even newspapers.

Top Bottom