Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R LXi CNG: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Hello TIA-GERs, Thus is Sri Krishna from Hyderabad. This is my first review so there might be some errors.
History: Way back in 2001 we had our first evergreen hatchback MARUTI SUZUKI 800 5 SPEED. That was a limited edition car with heavy demand but my dad managed to get it for 3L. That was our favourite car and I learnt driving in the age of 15 with my dad in that car. Even now I love driving that car
Our First Sedan:
28 MAY, 2012 this the date we welcomed our first sedan actually a compact sedan MARUTI SUZUKI SWIFT DZIRE ZXI. We loved that car too but unfortunately we had to sell it because it met with an accident. We never had a second car thought even before the accident.
When I was 17 my dad booked a Royal Enfield Classic 350. This is the time a second car thought struck our mind for my convenience. We started our hunt for a second car.
Cars explored:
We explored a lot of cars,
Santro Xing(Pre owned): Car was nice, maintained well, 25000 KM driven, but there there was an issue with the owner eventually we left that car.
Alto(Pre owned): That car was maintained by a doctor and he quoted ₹3L we thought that price was too high for used Alto and left that.
Alto(Brand New): Here we started looking for a first hand small hatchbacks with good mileage. And alto is every ones choice. We liked every thing in the alto and kept that in our priority list.
Eon LPG(Brand New) p: Eon is stylish car a bit premium to alto we liked everything my mom picked up blue colour bt don't know why we dropped in the last movement.
WagonR LXI CNG( Brand new) Mom liked White colour and we took it for 5L on road Hyderabad.
We booked that on 8 JULY,2015.
The booking process went pretty nice they took 10 days for the delivery and we took it on 18JULY,2015. One thing I want to say is no dealers encourages CNG and LPG vehicles. They take a large waiting time due to which the incentives to the Sales person gets delayed, moreover there is no proper support from the government.
This is only for me a gift from mom and dad[:)]
I traveled a lot In this car went to some long distances. I usually travel to college in this car. Now it has completed a Year and 20,000 KM.
About the car: The car is pretty spacious compared to its competitors. Leg room front and back is good enough for adults, I'm 6feet and I stretch driving seat to fullest extent even though the rear seat occupants feel comfortable( Only for a city drive)
Coming to the boot, ours is a CNG car and the gas tank is fitted in the boot because of which there is not even a small gap. Daily I travel 100 kms in that car, the mileage is around 25KMPL in CNG mode manually calculated using mileage formula. In petrol mode it gives around 17KMPL. Build quality is average enough for a city drive.
There is a small dent in the back while I was reversing I didn't see the pole behind me and I dashed it[frustration]
-Space inside the car
-Driving seat comfort
-Confidence while driving the car
-And of course the mileage
Dislikes:
-Again the tall boy looks it looks good in some angles and looks bad in another angel.
- Lack of boot space
-Lack of fog lamps
-Even though it's a 1000 CC car it doesn't feel like that due to the CNG engine which takes long time to accelerate. It rolls back while climbing a slope[frustration] have to be careful
Nothing other than that.
Overall I liked my car and recommend for a daily city use.

Attachments

Great choice and nice shade too. I also considered wagon R during my hunt for a new vehicle..at the end moment I went for Grand i10 just because of more legroom space and extra power even with CNG.
I very much liked this car but seating position while test drive was not comfortable.

Hi,
Congratulations on your new Maruti Suzuki WagonR. Apologies for delayed reply.
Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.

Top Bottom