5th Service/2nd Major Service
Car was due for the second major service so got it done. Car have completed 500 km approx after the service and it feels smooth.
- 5th Service
- Rear Wiper Blade
- Underbody Noise
- HU dead (happened while going to TASC)
- Steering Wheel showing signs of uneven wear. No one in my family drives with hands at 8 and 6 o' clock
Underbody Noise was noticed because of loose link rod and C-Mount going kaput, c-mount is yet to be replaced. Steering was replaced with 2018 version, looks better but old one felt soft and slightly thick. HU getting dead was due to weak battery, test result showed to replace battery.
TASC offered me sandwich (even after denying) and a packet of crunchy edible stuff. Done with 2 visits but will need one or two more. Failed to purchase P2P because standard warranty was expired two day back.
Greasing - ₹274
Weights - ₹245 (assuming, I still haven’t paid)
Old Steering New Steering Battery Test Report New Battery
So after visiting TASC, it was to go straight to Battery Shop. Bought Exide Mileage 60 Ah (stock is 56 Ah) battery which comes with first and second year guarantee and third and fourth year warranty. The red colored battery does go well with car
New Battery Cost - ₹7900
Buyback of old battery - ₹1000
New Battery is taller and less wider Tyres Replaced
While WB was being done, the guy asked me how much kilometers have I clocked as the 2 tyres were completely gone, rest two tyres had slight amount of life left. Stock tyres were GoodYear Assurance 175/65 R14. Completed approx 17000 km (precisely 16,958 km) thanks to wheel spins.
After expiry of Gold AMC, my itch was to get 15” but failed to fulfill it because :-
1) 185/55 R15 will be proper upgrade without hindering technically. But this size is very uncommon, and wasn’t available.
2) 195/55 R15, though available felt overkill to me.
3) 185/65 R14 have cases of rubbing under complete load.
4) 185/60 R14 is uncommon and expensive. Also Prabhagar bro’s local guy voted against it upon checking.
So, after all this I ended up getting Michelin Enery XM2 in stock size (175/65 R14).
Per Tyre - ₹4800
Buyback of old tyre - ₹250 (per tyre)
New Shoes Manufacturing: 16th week of 2018