Bajaj CT 100B Buying & Ownership Experience

Thread Starter #1
Reason for buying

I visit my hometown Trivandrum for one or two days every month. My father’s kinetic Honda Served me well for 24 years. This ageing kinetic Honda scooter was showing signs of age and it was not reliable to be used. So I took the scooter to my place of work and I was not having any conveyance at Trivandrum. I needed another conveyance and I was inclined towards TVS XL 70 Heavy duty. I enquired the price at many dealerships across Kerala. The price was in excess of 36 K, number plate, grab rail, saree guard, mirror, crash guard everything was extra and chargeable and took it to 38K+.

Purchase experience

One day (in March 2016) I noticed an ad for CT 100B with ex-showroom price of 32290. I enquired at Palakkad and Thrissur. The price quoted by Grand Bajaj, Palakkad was 34290/- ex-showroom and the total OTR price was almost 40K. This was also reflected by the Bajaj dealer at Thrisuur also managed by Grand. I enquired at Popular Aleppey and their OTR price was around38K. Since I was going to use at Trivandrum , I made an enquiry at Pioneer, Trivandrum. Their price was 37K/-. I did not bargain much since the amount seemed satisfactory. I talked with one Mr Sreedev of Pioneer Bajaj, Vazhuthacaud, Trivandrum. He is a nice frank guy to deal with.
I reached there one Saturday morning in March 16. Paid the amount by 10.00 Am and he finished the registration and delivered the bike in evening itself. However I had to go to the RTO office to clear my case as I was not having Aadhar card or EPIC as address proof. I presented a residence/property tax proof instead. The total amount included an affidavit preparation charge, because I had only ration card as address proof at Trivandrum. The standard accessories were not charged and opted against a free helmet. I have till date covered about 800 Kms during my occasional visits since March 2016.
TVS you lost due to overpricing at dealer end. CT 100B is better than TVS xl anyway. I had many casual onlookers enquiring the price. I also enquired with one in NH 47 near Vadakkancherry. He bought CT 100B for 40K. Dealers are killing it too.

new_0011.JPG

new_0012.JPG

new_0013.JPG

new_0014.JPG

new_0015.JPG

new_0016.JPG

new_0017.JPG

user manual.jpg

Presently I use a classic 350 and hence my comparisons may be influenced.

Positives
Low cost, very long seat, Good Light
All items are included, No extra fittings required
Light weight, nimble and maneuverable, could carry on in fourth gear from 25 kmph onwards, suitable for city use only.
Sweet sound (I like it), Awesome mileage (I feel so, never checked it)
Overall a good buy for my application
A small pillion grab rail acts as protection for brake light also

Negatives
Many parts are powder coated and it may not suit everyone.
Low pickup (this is based on my experience with TVS Victor and classic 350)
Lower maximum speed (Feels you could never exceed 60, the engine feels strained- I never checked though,)
Overtaking some vehicles having good acceleration is difficult (Compared to classic 350)
Soft seat
Single Headlight switch (ON/DIM/BRIGHT) is too basic
No pass switch provided
Turn indicator has no push canceller

Thread Starter #2
Re: Bajaj CT 100 B buying and ownership experience

The transport commissioner, Kerala has in the order shown below issued orders that a free helmet should be issued with every two wheeler. Besides Number plates, rear view mirrors, saree guard, pillion grab rail should be given with every vehicle without any extra charge. (I don’t see crash guard included which might be an accidental omission) This order was released to be effective from 1st April 2016 in Kerala state.

docu.jpg

@PANACHE

Congratulations on your purchase. I drove the CT100 many many years ago and I see that the low end torque is still a problem. I think this has not been addressed as it would have an adverse effect from a fuel economy point of view.
So, what is the fuel efficiency of your bike?

Thread Starter #4

@PANACHE

Congratulations on your purchase. I drove the CT100 many many years ago and I see that the low end torque is still a problem. I think this has not been addressed as it would have an adverse effect from a fuel economy point of view.
So, what is the fuel efficiency of your bike?

Thanks. I did only around 800 Kms since March 26 when purchased new. I had to refuel twice or thrice during the period and hence lost track. I have a feeling that i get good average.

Thread Starter #5
Update
Completed about 200 Kms ina month that too after deliberate attempt for a high usage. The first service was done at Pioneer Bajaj , Nalanchira. I dont recall the exact amount now. Till date it has covered about 800 Kms

Posting photos post the registration process during cleaning and inspection

later_0006.JPG

later_0001.JPG

later_0002.JPG

later_0003.JPG

later_0004.JPG

later_0005.JPG

later_0007.JPG

later_0008.JPG

later_0009.JPG

later_0010.JPG

later_0011.JPG

later_0012.JPG

later_0013.JPG

later_0015.jpg

Thread Starter #6
The problem noted recently

A slight tinge of oil in the engine head rocker arm/tappet cover (Im not sure). I presume its due to a damaged oil seal, but too early for 800 Kms?

slight oil coating.jpg

Nice review. It's a simple bike with less jazzy parts, one of the best headlamps (I personally feel that the round reflectors do a brilliant job).

If only they could drop the rider's footrest to a little lesser height, it would have been better.

I think this is much better option than scooters, especially for riding on bad roads. Also height isn't too much, so it's a mass pleasing bike.

The possible reason for such a user friendly price Could be due to.
Parts reused from prev gen bikes
- caliber 110 indicators
- boxer tail lamps
- Ct100 parts

Full VFM[clap]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
Nice review. It's a simple bike with less jazzy parts, one of the best headlamps (I personally feel that the round reflectors do a brilliant job).

If only they could drop the rider's footrest to a little lesser height, it would have been better.

I think this is much better option than scooters, especially for riding on bad roads. Also height isn't too much, so it's a mass pleasing bike.

The possible reason for such a user friendly price Could be due to.
Parts reused from prev gen bikes
- caliber 110 indicators
- boxer tail lamps
- Ct100 parts

Full VFM[clap]
I fully agree with you. I find the footrest height ok though. Couldnt complain about anything at this price. The only hiccup is that one cant headout to the highways with this machine. Perfect for city drive.
Scooters are purchased and generally prefered by households to haul some luggage .No scooter is nowhere near, I suppose.
I have used the following two wheelers for extensive periods over the past 31 years. Lamby 150, Bajaj Super 150, Bajaj M80, KB 100, KB 100 RTZ, Kinetic Honda , Bajaj Chetak, TVS Victor 100, Activa, Access, LML Vespa Select II, Royal Enfield Classic 350 and now CT 100B. I feel this is sluggish.

Thread Starter #10
Update
Completed only 1177 kms ( Done two service) after purchase nearly one year ago. As the usage is very less, no problems were faced except a minute oil seepage near engine head or so. Sorry , i dont know about the economy part as i cant keep track of the fuel filled in the past one year

Update
Completed only 1177 kms ( Done two service) after purchase nearly one year ago. As the usage is very less, no problems were faced except a minute oil seepage near engine head or so. Sorry , i dont know about the economy part as i cant keep track of the fuel filled in the past one year
1177 is very low run for a new bike. I believe you no need to worry about the economy, Bajaj CT will surely give 65+.

Top Bottom