The decision making process was done in the following thread - Buying a Used Mercedes-Benz C230 CGi: Yes / No?
Sincere thanks to everyone who helped.
At first I was going to buy a german car for about 15 lakhs but owing some family issues the budget was suddenly halved. So I went for a reliable Japanese Petrol car, and it is 2010 make year, and registered in 2011 run about 43,800 kms
. The owner had kept it overwhelmingly well maintained. I purchased it for 7,21,000 which seemed like a sweet deal for a 4 wheel drive automatic suv from mitsubishi. Moreover, afaik
the car was a CBU so the build quality is incredible and genuine.
First Impressions - The car looks big but is actually quite compact enough for use in bumper to bumper traffic and the engine is a 2.4 MIVEC petrol mated to a 6 speed CVT (continuously variable transmission). At first after reading bad reviews about all the CVT transmissions I was a bit put off honestly but it is honestly not as bad as they say it is and I didn't notice any noticable lag/rubberband effect. Instead it's a whole lot of fun in sport mode and the paddle shifters are a joy to use while the engine revs all the way to 6500 RPM.
The good -
1) WHOLE LOT OF GROUND CLEARANCE.
2) Peppy engine with 4 wheel drive.
3) Maintainance free and reliable Jap car.
4) THE ROCKFORD FOSGATE SOUND SYSTEM.
5) Not a common car on the road.
6) Ventilated front seats.
7) Low service costs. about 4000 rs.
8) The HUGE aluminium paddle shifters.
9) Tyhe split boot opening with a bench.
The not so good -
1) Wafer thin dealer network/service centres.
2) Comparatively less availability of spares.
3) Rear visibility is less due to small rear glass.
4) Beige leather interior gets soiled easily.
If any member might know a reliable Garage/mechanic where I can get my car serviced in/near Ahmedabad, Gujarat. Kindly pm/inform on the thread.
I shall keep updating the thread timely.