Tale of Pre-worshipped 2006 Toyota Corolla H5 1.8E

Thread Starter #1
A big Hello to all TAIs!!

It has been long 2 years I didn't actually post a thread on the TAI forum. But, followed the forums for any decision regarding Cars.

First of all, the Heading of this Thread clearly defines what the thread is all about! And I would apologize to all fellow members since I don't know Shakespearean English [:)]!

This is a story of my long wish to own a Toyota Corolla & how I am achieving it. During the college days I used to get mesmerized by the looks of the then Toyota Corolla (The 2003 - 2008 Model). It has been a long desire which I always kept hidden deep inside me and I never shared with anyone. Now I am passing through the climax scene of the movie 'Me & My Corolla'. [clap]

Like many other people I also have a strange habit of reading through the Car Advertisements listed in OLX, Quickr or Carwale. As per my parents it is actually 'A Classic example of Wasting Time'. And during such a session of time wastage I suddenly stumbled upon the advertisement which was only meant for me. To be precise I found an advertisement in OLX, a 2006 Toyota Corolla H5 1.8E Petrol. Immediately I chased my dream and reached the Dealer. Took her for a spin, got floored instantly, rushed to the ATM, drew ₹10,000.00 and just Booked her. [lol]

SHE IS ALREADY MINE!! AND I LOVE HER ALREADY. I am yet to take the delivery since my Mom told it would be auspicious to take delivery on this coming Sunday the 18th. I am eager to bring her home. She is 10 Years old but her condition and age does not reflect her age.

Guys, please wait a bit and I would surely carry on with this thread and post some great romantic pictures of HER. And I promise everyone would want to 'WANT HER'!

THE DELIVERY DAY... SUNDAY 18.09.2016

A very normal lazy Sunday morning though, but for rest of the world! For me a day of excitement. A day of wish fulfillment!!

11:00 AM - OLA Cab booked
11:05 AM - Cab arrives
11:08 AM - My Dad joins me to go to the Dealership & be part of my excitement
11:30 AM - Finally we reach the Dealership through Heavy Rain
11:40 AM - She arrives! [Kindly appreciate the pictures taken by my Moto X Play 21Mp shooter]

The pictures taken on reaching Home. At Dealership the rain spoiled the Photo-shoot.

1-IMG_20160918_162104257_1.jpg
1-IMG_20160918_162116361_1.jpg

FEW THOUGHTS!

In many forums I have seen debates on the Interior Styling of the Toyota Corolla. But somehow I find the interiors quite appealing & since the beauty is a H5 Model so the wood finish on the Steering Wheel adds much more Style Statement.

Picture Courtesy - Moto X Play 21 Mp Shooter

1-IMG_20160918_162126760_HDR.jpg

Age is noticeable on the Leather Seat Covers. I would take her for some Interior detailing Job very soon!

1-IMG_20160918_162136595_HDR.jpg

The Wood trim on the Steering Wheel!! I just loved it...

1-IMG_20160918_162202839.jpg

Being a 2006 model she has already covered 10 long years. But driving her I can't feel those bygone years! Probably this is the best part which Toyota admirers worldwide discuss. This is the first Toyota which I am tasting! And I am loving it. A piece of wonderful engineering which is lasting the tough Indian Road conditions.

Thanks to the earlier owner for maintaining the car wonderfully for me!

Very few scratches & '0' dent!!

1-IMG_20160918_162047525.jpg

1-IMG_20160918_162057510_1.jpg

The Gear Knob was not in a good condition & needed a change to keep the looks of the interior classy. As well the AC vents are somehow broken, which is quite surprising considering the overall condition of the car. Maybe due to some Kids! [Denice - The Menace]

1-IMG_20160918_162151918.jpg

What best than a stylish TRD Leather Wrapped Aluminium Alloy Knob!! Bought from Amazon @ ₹ 850.00 and fitted by ME!

1-IMG_20161011_155457147_HDR.jpg

1-IMG_20161011_155524126.jpg

The AC vents are already ordered by the Dealer & I am yet to receive it. Once fitted I would upload few pictures of the fresh dashboard.

The 1.8 Ltr Engine drives like a dream. I am new to Toyota but I find the clutch bit hard. I am planning for a complete servicing of the Car but not from Toyota ASS since they are quoting Huge. I have already bought the Engine Oil, Gear Oil, Coolant, Brake Fluid, Delphi Brake Pads (F & R), OEM Oil Filter, OEM Engine Filter & Cabing Air Filter. I would come up with another thread on the Servicing portion & the consumables as well as spares used with pictures of the items, spares & the Workshop.

Hope I have not bored you All!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Tale of a Pre-worshipped 2006 Toyota Corolla H5 1.8E

Let me congratulate first. Corolla is globally a proven work horse with a simple and elegant looks. Do share more information about the car including the price before you actually get her in hands.

Re: Tale of a Pre-worshipped 2006 Toyota Corolla H5 1.8E

Welcome back to TAI Arindum[clap].

Corolla is indeed a masterpiece. Even my dad used to have it, but sold it off in 2007 due to its sheer size and it was hardly used in here. Just clocked 15,000km in its 4 years of use with my dad.

One of my uncle took it and he still maintains the car and it is in top condition too.

Do share ur newbie pics and detail review .

Congrats on you new Corolla[clap]

How much kms has it done ? Just curious. Car looks in a very great shape, and about the headlights, is it just Fog or it's Faded ?

Wish you happy miles ahead[:)]

Hi,
Congratulations on your Toyota Corolla. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.
Toyota is a very good brand and it got many trusted customers.Hope you too part of it.

I am also planning to get a used Corolla.
I want to know the difference in engines since year 2000, so that I can decide which model to get.
I guess newer models will have lots of complex electronics and stuff which complicate repairs. Older models will be less efficient..

bhvm

Honoured Member
Congrats on the old workhorse!
I've seen Corollas working 2 lac+ KM.
Very classic Interior. Very classy design. Just that Headlamps are looking faded. You can get em polished at 3m or Waxoyl.

Top Bottom