Hi guys, went on a 220 km round trip involving minor state highways ridden with crazy bikers, maniac Auto-rickshaws, murderous Bus drivers and Cows who think they own the roads!!! This trip truly was a test of patience for the driver !! BRV did an exceptional job overall. Did not have to slow down too much for speed breakers and potholes.
- 210 mm Ground clearance really shone through.
- At first I felt the alloy design was overdone, but now it has grown on me, and they really look gorgeous.
- Low beam and high beam are brilliant ! Especially the low beam has a nice long spread without blinding ongoing traffic in single lane state highways. Fog lamp spread on the sides is good as well.
- Superb luggage space, mum bought 20 large empty flower pots, with separate 20 plants and the boot happily swallowed it up.
- Petrol Engine is super refined & super quiet. Top notch Refinement.
- The 3rd Gear is superb for pottering around in traffic and it pulls cleanly from as low as 20kmph upwards. I didn't find the need to go back to 2nd gear even with 5 people & 3 bags on board.
- Audio Quality is commendable, with prominent highs & lows (unlike some standard systems which sound flat). I don't think any Speaker upgrade is required.
- Its truly a Crossover, so you do sit lower than the XUV's, the Innova's etc.
- People coming from diesel cars, might miss the torque of a diesel (especially first 2 gears). But my last two cars have been petrol's, so I personally don't have any issue.
- Again, side design could have been made to be more appealing.
I've attached a few pictures. Please ignore the picture Quality as it was shot from my phone. But notice how the areas where sunlight hits directly, you see a nice brown hue. But other areas are much darker.
Also I feel the side profile of the car looks nice and compact in this darker shade. (Second Picture)
Armrest installed by the dealer. Bargained hard and got it done for Rs. 3600/- This is a highly recommended option for all BRV owners. Comfort is good and it has a nice compartment as well, although the vinyl stitching could have been better. I've attached a pic of the box the armrest came in. Installation team did an excellent job. Overall happy with this add-on.
On a lighter note, I feel the BRV is more like that cousin we all have, who does everything well enough to please everyone, but never demands the spotlight