Im a TATA Tiago Diesel XZ owner, I had purchased this car on 27th May’16.
This is my third Tata car after 2008 Vista (sold within a year due to problems) & 2010 Nano (sold within 10 months , due to the feel factor overall not very desirable product)
Before reading thru, Im not a Tata fan or neither a fan of any brand its my hard earned money need a competent product at the end of the day. Remember Im very happy with the product this time due to awesome handling, comfort seat, insulated cabin, light steering & clutch , feature rich etc,.
Currently, Im facing issues with my car. Please find them below.
1> My first Trip:
After purchasing my car waited for over a month & 900 kms and then started for the first trip from Bangalore-Mangalore. However, The car had mal-function light ON at 970 kms and I was in the highway calling over and over again your customer care and had to return 60 kms to the peenya service center. Then they did something and the light vanished during diagnosis. But again after 100 kms it came back but this time I didn’t stop and I continued my journey as I have already wasted my 6 hrs in this problem. After about 200 kms the light vanished and never came back till now odod at 5500 kms now. Issue resolved: Minor electronic glitch which was rectified by TASS
2> My second trip:
This time from Bangalore-Kodaikanal, the car reached kodai without any Issue’s. The next morning I started the engine, the car was making some unusual engine idle sound and the entire area was covered with black & white smoke (please see the video & pictures attached) , not an ordinary smoke it was as if some house was burning, that magnitude. Entire area was covered with smoke and very bad smell (something like a burnt engine smell, not the normal diesel one). It took about 30 mins for the car to come to normal. It was very embarrassing to see this when people were watching us helplessly trying to reach the customer care. It was huge pollution in the entire area.
Again I had to call the cust. Care and have booked a complaint.
After it became normal, I had continued to go for sightseeing the car behaved absolutely fine the entire day and we went and visited entire hilly places.
Then again the next day morning it’s the same problem full of smoke in the entire street for 30 mins and became normal after that. Issue Resolved: TASS along with Tata motors rectified the issue, they have updated the ECU parameters and the issue is not seen. The car is fine during the cold start.
Now let me tell why Im persistent this time to still retain the car.
• The car is heavy and bliss to run on the highway say 120 kms/hr is simply superb. The car behaves like a big german car when on highway.
• The shock absorbers are superb and can take any pothole with assurance, this is 2 segments above in this dept.
• The car has two diff. kicks from the turbo one at the 1500-1800-rpm and other at 2500 rpm @ 100 kms & reaches 120 very fast and it can compete any car at these speeds. Infact I had a firsthand experience with my ertiga VDI (sold it after 45k kms, 2.5 yrs of ownership) before this and I can say that this car is competent for the price and the engine it offers but remember to have the needle above 2000 rpm for best performance. But ertiga had one serious problem that is, it hates mountain/hilly areas due to the turbo lag the car simply doesn’t like the hilly areas. It will struggle to climb with load (even with 4 adults) opposite is tiago less turbo lag and hill station is easy to tackle.
• The steering is very light in parking and weighsup well say I have reached speeds of 140 kms/hr & its very confident inspiring.
All these are the reasons that I still want the problems to be rectified and retain the car.
I had purchased this car from KHT motors Bangalore.
I had done my first service from them and then later I have visited them for 3/4 times.
• During first service they have replaced the fog lamps as the fog lamp cover is loose and fell. So they replaced the entire assembly bothside in warranty. Also I wanted them to check the engine malfunction light which they did. They didn’t wash the car and promised that they would pick it up in the weekdays.
• When I called them during the weekday they simply refused saying no one is there to pick and asked us to bring the car , we took it and it took them solid 3 hrs to just wash and return the car.
• But they have not fixed the turbo air intake pipe properly and have kept it open which had caused the car with very low pickup and I was not sure and was thinking its normal and was cursing the car when I was driving the in city for about 500kms -1000kms.
• Again after 1000 kms (odo-4k kms)the fog lamp cover fell, I had taken it to service center and also the cabin light is not working they have said that they have ordered, they are yet to replace this part. They also fixed the turbo pipe. this time the fog is fitted but the light harness is not connected had to take it again andthey took abbout 2 hrs just to conect the wire...
• During the same time when checked the engine oil was reduced , they have filled the engine oil with half liter. But when I see the quantity seems to be more than the max mark now.
• Except the Gm/asst. manager others feel as if they doing some free service and they are not at all knowledgeable, they are in simple words kam-chor just waiting to push time and go home in the evening.
In one simple word though Tata is investing on the new products and they are successful in getting very competent product but the service centers are nowhere near the vision of Tata and they are not investing they just want to bank on the investment of the Tata motors. Example the facility is the same for ages they have not invested on the facility and seems like early 2000’s service facility compared to other competitors.
Current Odo: 5500kms