Hyundai Verna 2016 1.6 VTVT(S): The Silver Fox (15K Kms. 3rd Service Update)

Thread Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I recently purchase a new Hyundai Verna 2016 1.6 VTVT (S) variant. This is my first car which I ever bought. My usage is 50-50 on city and highway.

Decision :
During June of 2016 i suddenly wanted to buy a car with my own money. I just wanted something elegant and fun to drive. After many hours of browsing, reading and observing I had narrowed my choices to Verna, City, Vitara Brezza, Ciaz, Creta.
At first I went to Advaith Hyundai showroom in Mysore. As soon as I saw the Phantom Black Verna with custom alloy wheels in showroom, I just fell in love with it.

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

Honda City :
Pros -
iVtec [Vtec kick]
Good space rear passanger
Rear AC vents
Sunroof
Cons-
Slightly expensive maintenance when compared with verna.
I'm not a chrome fan, didn't like the grill. I would prefer 2013 city.
Very expensive for features

MS Ciaz :
Pros -
Good looking car, especially from behind.
Hybrid tech. SHVS
Cons-
Bad interiors
Considering its made by MS, I have doubts of its structural capacity.

MS Vitara Brezza :
Pros-
Good looking car. Feels like range rover
VFM especially on-road price.
Apple carplay
Cons-
felt claustrophobic in driver seat.

Hyundai Creta :
Pros-
Good looking and feels premium
Cons-
Too much GC for its track.
Felt like body roll in TD, so immediately dropped it.
Only expensive models have required features

Selecting the model and color of verna was a big problem. I wanted to buy Sx variant and my parents wanted me to get a base variant since I am a learner driver. After a long discussion, my parents convinced me to go for base variant, but still i wanted Sx variant. Now next hurdle was with choosing color of car. I said Black, my father said red and my mom said white. Since neither of were agreeing with each other for color, we all agreed to get silver color. So final decision was to get a Verna base variant Silver color.

At Showroom after decision :
In June there was an Hyundai Anniversary offer which was a discount of up to 80K INR [20K(cash bonus)+50K(exchange bonus)+10K(loyalty bonus)]. After bargaining the dealer reduce the on road price of car to 8.03L INR. I felt like that it was a good price and booked the car and later payed him in full due to pressure for dealer to achieve required delivery date. Now after few days, I get a call from dealer saying that the car(base variant) was not available currently since the car is not being manufactured in Chennai currently and Hyundai is not accepting orders. Later I called up and asked other showrooms in other cities, they also said the same. They all told me that they are not sure when Hyundai start to accept orders, they said Hyundai will start supply as soon as they achieve required MOQ(minimum order quantity). So the dealer called up again and said he'll offer same discount on S variant. Hearing this my face lit up as the anniversary discount was only available on Base variant. But still i took my dad with me now. Thanks to the great bargaining skills of my dad, dealer finally gave in for the price set by us which was 10L INR including leather seats, door scuffs, extended warranty, up module and car cover.
PRI(Pre-Registration Inspection) went without any problem. Just before taking delivery dealer told me that there was no official up module form Hyundai due to some coupling difference in new cars manufactured from April 2016. But he offered other accessories to match that price. My mom suggested to take door guard and car vacuum cleaner, so i took those only.

After delivery till now :
Till date i have driven around 15200km. Most important thing people ask "Fuel Efficiency", I'm currently getting around 13.1kmpl in city (11.9kmpl W/AC), on highway around 15.5kmpl (14.9kmpl W/AC).

Engine became even more smoother after a trip on highway.

Things I like about my car :
+ Music system is really awesome. Didn't expect that much bass in stock speakers.
+ Driving is smooth. And it's fun to drive.
+ projector headlamps do their jobs pretty good.
+ Interior quality is stunning.
+ Bridgestone tires is a plus.
+ Very big boot space.
+ safety equipment.
+ good Bluetooth connectivity.
+ Overall looks.
+ Cluster panel in impressive.

Things I hoped they improved (generally) :
- Leg space for rear passenger.
- Steering is little bit sensitive at high speeds. [Took time to adjust, now it's awesome]
- ground clearance (my opinion).
- a good place to hide seat belt of rear middle passenger when not in use. [We can wedge it in seat gap. Just found out, Sorry Hyundai]
- Should have provided an option to get leather seats from factory for all variants.
- Only If there was a RWD variant [;)]
- Air Vents for rear Passenger.

Problems I'm having :
* Gear feels hard to shift sometime even when clutch is fully engaged
[Problem rectified during first service.]
* Clutch is hard (it can be adjusted later)
[Problem rectified during first service.]
* I suspect vacuum leak, because idling is high when cold start (correct me if i'm wrong).
[ Posted by VISHNUCARCRAZY
The idling rpm for cold start can go upto 2.5k rpm,its normal.
It isn't vacuum leak,its a method of preheating the engine,just like in 2 wheelers one use the choke
. ]
* I kinda hear thug noise from rear left side even on small pot holes.
[Problem rectified during first service. Due to over inflation of tyre.]

Current Accessories :
- Leather Seats
- Door scuffs
- Car cover
- Steering Cover
- Standard Accessories

Possible future accessories :
- AVN system
- Door scuffs with illumination
- Mag/alloy wheels
- racing stripes (i seriously doubt it)

FE readings of fellow Verna Owners : [format = Name:City FE:Highway FE:Link]
@nickandre : 8-10 : 12-15 : Link
@allhyundaicars : 10-12 : 13-14 : Link
@sai_crdi : 12-13 : 16-17 : Link
@Dithi : 12-13 : 19-20 : Link
@Myth : 13 : 16 : Link
@Midnight : -NA- : 18 : Link
@aristo_perfect : 10.5 : 16-18 : Link
@venky : 12-13 :17-18 : Link

9.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

FIRST SERVICE

SECOND SERVICE

THIRD SERVICE

FOURTH SERVICE

FIFTH SERVICE

more pictures on future posts.....[:D]

Last edited:
Re: Hyundai Verna 2016 1.6 VTVT(S) - My first car

Congratulations on your first ride buddy. Being Hyundai you don't need to worry about the ASS. I agree the car looks super hot in black and the projectors compliments the grill very well.
Drive safe and plant happy memories with the car and yes, do keep the thread updated time to time.

Thread Starter #5
Re: Hyundai Verna 2016 1.6 VTVT(S) - My first car

Congratulations on your first ride buddy. Being Hyundai you don't need to worry about the ASS. I agree the car looks super hot in black and the projectors compliments the grill very well.
Drive safe and plant happy memories with the car and yes, do keep the thread updated time to time.
Thanks bro... will try to keep it updated.

Hi,
Congratulations on your new Hyundai Verna. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.
thanks bro.....[:D]

Congratulations on your new car. Enjoy happy & safe miles!!
Thanks bro.....[:D]

Re: Hyundai Verna 2016 1.6 VTVT(S): My First Car

what is the final otr price what was the resale value offer to you

Thread Starter #7

what is the final otr price what was the resale value offer to you
Actual on-road price = 11.2L INR

on-road price after discount,exchange bonus, etc. = 10.00L INR

Old car value (Maruti 800 1999 model) = 45K INR

Final on-road after exhcange = 9.55L INR

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9

Congrats on your new ride.
How's the ride and handling on the highway?
Thanks bro....[:D]

The ride is very smooth. Sometime i have to rev the engine at signals to check whether it's on or not.

Handling is good but sensitive at high speeds. It's kinda easily to make quick overtakes on high way. But still dangerous if you are not adjusted to sensitivity.

Suspension noise still exists at speed of about 20kmph on a bumpy road and on humps. Need to be very slow inorder to prevent that noise

Re: Hyundai Verna 2016 1.6 VTVT(S): The Silver Fox

i was also in same boat
i had accent 2004 gvs model they are giving exchange cost as 20000 so drop the idea of buying a hyundai.

Thread Starter #11

i was also in same boat
i had accent 2004 gvs model they are giving exchange cost as 20000 so drop the idea of buying a hyundai.
For S variant there is only 20K cash discount only, rest of the offers is for base model. Don't worry new offers will keep on popping up for every festive/seasonal time.

As of now Other companies are providing some good offers, please check them out too.

20K for 2004 accent is seriously under valued. As per what I know and according to government regulation minimum incentive for cars is 30K. I recommend you to go to other companies/showroom and get it evaluated.

Last edited:

Congrats Krishna..Hope you are enjoying your new ride.. I have also booked a 1.6 VTVT (S). Will get it sometime this week. How is the ground clearance and suspension behavior in under 100kmph speed?

Thread Starter #14

The idling rpm for cold start can go upto 2.5k rpm,its normal.
It isn't vacuum leak,its a method of preheating the engine,just like in 2 wheelers one use the choke .
ohhhhh... I didn't know that.My bad

Congrats Krishna..Hope you are enjoying your new ride.. I have also booked a 1.6 VTVT (S). Will get it sometime this week. How is the ground clearance and suspension behavior in under 100kmph speed?
Thanks bro and Congrats to you too [clap]. Ground clearance is 165mm, I live in Mysore so i don't have any problem with it. I have driven more than 800kms in city, highway and sort of off-road, under body of my car has never been scratched.

Suspension feels hard sometimes and once co-passenger was thrown off balance when travelling on a very rough bumpy road. Otherwise drive is very smooth. Where as sound his concerned, it still persists. You'll hear noise while crossing small potholes.

So recently I went on a small trip again...... FE was 19.1kmpl

Please do post pics of your car after delivery ....[:D]

Last edited:

Thats a promising FE before the first service itself!! Did you chek the VIN and try to decode which month it was manufactured?

Top Bottom