My All-New Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire ZDi (AGS): Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Background:- I had in my garage my dependable Ritz VDI(2009) and a Tata Nano LX. A month or back with the ever increasing pune traffic my left leg started to develop pain in the stop and go situations. It was then I thought that if I continue to drive manual's the situation is going to get worse. That's when I decided to have an automatic. The preliminary problem with the torque converters are low fuel economy and max 3-4 gears not forgetting the fact that automatic's in my budget are available only in petrols. My daily running is around 70kms and an automatic petrol means a great hole in my pocket. Then I saw celerio AMT and thought to my self that it is the perfect fit, it's about the same gearbox but shifts are managed by actuators hence cheap to produce and implement. But my wifey was against it as she thought that downgrading from higher car(Ritz) to a tad lower variant just for an amt does not makes sense.The idea was scrubbed. Then came the Zest AMT and me and my wife were impressed and decided to with it. I booked the top end Zest XTA on 25th June and a week later the showroom rep called me and said that XTA's are currently not in the production plan in TATA motors the only option is XMA(mid variant) well I was ok with it then I thought spending 8 lacs on a car and not getting airbags, abs/ebd no alloys smaller wheel doesn't make sense. I then went to Mycar (Wakad) and they had a Swift Dzire ZDi AGS on display. I was swept away by the interiors with the good old fiat multijet and an excellent AMT and ofcourse all the features of zest with a start and stop button to add but minus the excellent Harman system of Zest. Test drove the vehicle came back with an adrenaline pump, immediately popped out my cheque book and booked the Dzire on 10th July. In stock they had white and a magma grey options, chose the magma grey.

Finance/Loan process: It was butter smooth in 2 days my loan was approved and the 3rd day it was ready for disbursement. I called up the rep and said that is it possible to get delivery on 14th? he said yes and I said good let's do it on 14th.Car Loan 85% on road price From SBI at interest rate of 9.75% floating. Total OTR price was 9.79 all inclusive. Dropped the extended warranty as i will be doing that after first 2 years free warranty. Did the same on my Ritz.

Delivery day 14th: It was slotted for 5 PM. I reached there at 3 and had the TAI new car PDI checklist with me. Did the PDI and was satisfied. Got the following freebies
1. All mats including boot.
2. Idol.
3. Perfume.
4. Side body moldings
5. Door Visors.
Chose the seat cover(5k) beige and wood finish which goes hand in hand with the interiors.

Checked the VIN and it was manufactured in the month of Apr 2016.

Driving Experience so far: Well i have driven for only about 100kms till now 30 kms yesterday and 70kms to office and back today. The experience is fantastic didn't get tired at all during that nasty Sus-Road Jam

Pros:
1.Fantastic Drive quality.
2.Good Build quality.
3.AMT.
4. Premium interiors.
5.Bluetooth and USB enabled ICE.
6. Lowest NVH in my opinion for a diesel in this segment.
7.Ample boot space.

Cons:
1.Not a con but getting used to the AMT jerks while upshifting willl take time.
2.Average music system(sound quality wise).
3. Although it's a con to me only but the ORVM's should fold and unfold after locking and unlocking the vehicle like in old i20's but can live with it.

Overall I am very happy with my vehicle so a big thumbs up for Maruti here[embarass]

Those considering AMT's must surely test drive this vehicle before deciding on any.

Some Pictures

Attachments

Congratulations ..[clap]
Was there any cash discount other than Free accessories?
I have booked Alto AMT ,will be getting it next week.
10k cash discount +3k accessories has been offered as of now.

Thread Starter #5
Congratulations ..[clap]
Was there any cash discount other than Free accessories?
I have booked Alto AMT ,will be getting it next week.
10k cash discount +3k accessories has been offered as of now.
Thanks,10k + 5k worth of free accessories. Congrats for your Alto AMT.
Congrats on your new car. How much did they quote for extended warranty? Do post pics of interiors.
Thanks, Extended warranty 12k.

So far driving pleasure is immense, totally hassle free. My only concern is how to maintain the beige interiors especially during this monsoon season. I already have mud everywhere on the floor carpet.

Congrats on the new purchase and welcome to the AMT club. ZDI/ZXI are actually the best variants for Swift/Dzire because they are fully loaded. I miss the airbags and the auto folding mirrors on my XMA.
Do keep us updated on the overall experience

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7
Congrats on the new purchase and welcome to the AMT club. ZDI/ZXI are actually the best variants for Swift/Dzire because they are fully loaded. I miss the airbags and the auto folding mirrors on my XMA.
Do keep us updated on the overall experience
Thanks. Will post my experiences for sure. I had one question about the engine start/stop feature, might be those with this button having on different vehicle can answer, once the engine is running and pressing the button switches off the engine while I think it should behave exactly the same as the key ignition i.e. ACC then OFF. Because if you are listening to some good music you again have to press the button to set the ignition to ACC mode.

Thread Starter #9
450 Km's update MID shows average of 20.3 kmpl. Ride quality is good. Still getting used to AMT's. I would recommend throw the lever to manual in crawling traffic as on AMT the frequent shifts might wear off the clutch early. So in crawling situations i switch the mode to manual. Still Ok, because i don't have to use the clutch.

Thread Starter #11
1041 Kms on the clock MID shows FE of 22.5. Will be doing the 1st free service tomorrow!. The following minor issues will be fixed.

1. Drive side seat makes sound of "dag-dag" feels its not slotted properly happens during sudden breaking or sudden acceleration.
2. Passenger side power window panel cover rattles if the music's bass is high."tarr tarr' sound.

Attachments

Last edited:
1041 Kms on the clock MID shows FE of 22.5. Will be doing the 1st free service tomorrow!. The following minor issues will be fixed.

1. Drive side seat makes sound of "dag-dag" feels its not slotted properly happens during sudden breaking or sudden acceleration.
2. Passenger side power window panel cover rattles if the music's bass is high."tarr tarr' sound.
22.5 is plain awesome. What kind of traffic you drive in? My XMA gives between 16-17 in hard core Delhi traffic. I expect AGS to easily better this because it is more than 100 kgs lighter and produced 75 hp but 22.5 is great.

Thread Starter #13
22.5 is plain awesome. What kind of traffic you drive in? My XMA gives between 16-17 in hard core Delhi traffic. I expect AGS to easily better this because it is more than 100 kgs lighter and produced 75 hp but 22.5 is great.
Mine is 95% highway with 5% city.
From this week i have to go to to a different office location which is 100% city and 25km drive. The MID kmpl has now dropped to 22.3 i expect that for the next two weeks it's going to decline further.[roll]

Another update
1st service done. Cost 0 Rs all those niggles are rectified.

Last edited:
Mine is 95% highway with 5% city.
From this week i have to go to to a different office location which is 100% city and 25km drive. The MID kmpl has now dropped to 22.3 i expect that for the next two weeks it's going to decline further.[roll]

Another update
1st service done. Cost 0 Rs all those niggles are rectified.
Though you will see a dip in the FE but traffic is where AMT/AGS shines:-)
The real fun (or rather comfort) of owning an automatic is in traffic only..

So far driving pleasure is immense, totally hassle free. My only concern is how to maintain the beige interiors especially during this monsoon season. I already have mud everywhere on the floor carpet.
Congrats fusion_defusion on your buy! AMT is just fab for traffic situations. Moreover, I drove mine (ALTO K10 AMT) to hilly roads - faced no issues during up drive (used manual mode for some parts) and also on Delhi-Lucknow highway at 100+ km/h and its really fun to drive. So its a good combo, pleasure of same drivability as manual (no compromise on power) with AMT.
To prevent floor carpet from Mud either get 3D floor mats designed specifically for Dzire, it covers the exposed carpet area or get the floor laminated.

Top Bottom