Finally I was able to find time and took a test drive of Punto 90HP...
WOW........ is the one word I can describe her in short.
It was a Saturday morning and I called up the FIAT sales guy from KHT motors Bangalore. He said that there is only 75HP for test drive today and will get the 90HP on Sunday. Well I had anyways decided to TD both these variants as I wanted decide which one to choose. Reached the showroom. As it was a weekend there could see lot of crowd. KHT motors sales guy are the worst I have ever seen. They don't even bother to see you even though some of the sales person were free. Here I was all alone standing in the showroom. But next to me was a Exoctica RED Punto... standing tall, the color is dashing I should say. Punto has really done justice to the RED color. It can never match the other cars in the same color.
Called up the sales guy, he said "Sir... 2 minutes I will be back".
I made up my mind that 2 minutes=20minutes.
Let me tell you I was there in the showroom for 20 minutes waiting and none of them came to assist me. "Am I invisible today"
Finally the sales guy came and told "Sir we don't have the 75HP today but I have the 90HP". I was happy.
Went out of the showroom. There she was shining in Tuscan Wine color. Gorgeous....
The sales guy gave me the key. Started the Car
I was surprised about the NVH level. (Is this a Petrol or Diesel) Way better than the car I own currently (Ritz VDI)
The sound of the engine was a music to me.
1. NVH level. FIAT has done a good job in damping. Even when I pushed the accelrator to the full I could not hear much of the noise inside the cabin. Ofcourse the car has done only 4K kms. I heard from a lot of people in the forum that the engine opens up only after 5k or 6k kms after which the sound still more reduces.
2. I loved the gear shift. Even though its rubbery feeling its joy to shift it.
3. Linear turbo makes the car much steady. In Ritz there is a sudden push after 2000RPM 4. Ride comfort.
I know that already everyone is praising about this point but I can't stop myself from expressing as this is the main reason I am moving from Ritz to Punto. I had decided that I will do the TD in the same road where I commute every day to office in Ritz so that I can get a clear comparison. So took her into the same pot holes. OMG where are the potholes was my question. Did they patch the road or what??? No Punto's suspension takes everything inside it and does not let you to feel it.
5. Handling. The car does a superb job in handling and cornering. I think taking her to ghat section will be fun.
6. Steering. A+++++++++++++++ as much I can type in :). This is the best in its class.
7. Breaking: ABS
8. One more interesting thing which I noticed is that when I shifted the gear from 2nd to 5th there was no wobbling at all. The car started to move smooth and went into the speed which is meant for 5th gear. Do let me know if others have tried this.
1. I felt the seat cushions were hard
2. Clutch, Break & accelerator pedals are too close. Specially the dead pedal & the clutch. I was finding it difficult to move from dead pedal to the clutch.
speakers. FIAT has to definitely provide a better sounding speaker
4. Seating position was low but once you get used it will be alright. May be I have been driving Ritz which is a tall boy design.
5. Turning Radius. This is a big minus especially for Bangalore parking and traffic.
Yet to take TD of 75HP. Will post the difference once I am done.