Hyundai Elantra Fluidic CRDi AT: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
HI Guys

I am really passionate about cars since my childhood and this is my 3rd purchase in last 5-6 years.

Earlier I had learned driving on indigo tdi purchased by family

My 1.4 vtvt review available at below location. I loved each and everything except manual gearbox

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...verna-1-4-vtvt-ownership-review-new-post.html

Fast forward

In Dec 15, I started looking for new car due to knee pain caused by Verna. Thanks to Hinjewadi traffic

So you would have guessed by now that my main priority was the Automatic transmission in C or above segment[:D]

However one more priority got added is the mileage looking at single digit figures provided by some petrol cars

As per my driving experience, in a nutshell I wanted below things in my car since I wanted to keep it for at least 4-5 years if everything goes well..lol fingers crossed
1. Auto at least 6 speed diesel for city and occasional highway runs
2. Better after sales service
3. Cruise control for long drives as I travel a lot
4. Better handling
5. ABS and 6 airbags for safety
6. Good looking and feature rich
7. Powerful addictive diesel punch for rush of torque
The last one I cannot miss this time [lol]

Budget was not more than 15 lacs

Search started!!

Considered options

1. Vento 1.5 tdi
This was the top on my list since it clicked all boxes.7 speed automatic was just icing on the cake!!
But diesel scandal and expensive cost of the parts kept me away
Also was not happy with ground clearance it offers

2. Rapid
Rejected for same reason above

3. Cruze
It offers 6 speed torque converter. Although cruze is my first love since it's launch I was taken aback by poor service and resale value
I was ready to extend my budget at some point but listened to my mind instead of heart which happens rarely for me but it was good decision looking at declining sales of Chevy. Although our chevy Beat is serving me very good at 70k kms

Creta was out due to lack of cruise control and rear disc brakes at 16+ lack. Not so VFM
Also I am not fan of suv

There is one option which clicked me while reading some ownership reviews of Elantra. However everybody blamed it for 1.6 diesel below average engine compare to competition like cruze, Laura, jetta 2 ltr

But I knew elantra is just 100kg more than verna crdi with different state of tune.Also turbo charger is better and surge starts early, felt when driven both cars back to back

Anyways I had already planned for dual channel Racedynamicsn dieseltronic well before the purchase to bring the diesel punch

In Jan 16, started searching Elantra diesel auto in used car market (max 2 yrs old) as well
Since buying auto version would have costed me bomb ~ 22.5 lac

Just casual search online took me to Mumbai very next day and bought my love home within 24hrs... Lolz

I wanted to go out of station and deal was very much attractive that I couldn't afford to wait

There are very few neo elantra diesel auto available in used market

I took it from dealer when there were already 3 parties betting on it and one of them came from Pune. I clinched the deal without thinking twice.

Car was just 2 year old and was nicely maintained by owner. I followed checklist to inspect the car and service history It's accident free.

I took my beauty to Kaccha Gujrat for ranutsav from Pune. It was total 2500 km in just 4-5 days

Used cruise control most of the time and I can feel sense of relaxation on the part of driver after driving 800 kms in just 13 hrs alone

Handling
After driving verna looks like Elantra comes from different family.
Suspension is stiff but do not compromise confortness in city drives
At 180 it's rock solid on Highway

Interior design is top notch with fantastic quality !!

Mileage
On Highway it gave me max 20kmpl, however in city it hovers around 12-14 kmpl

Excitement

As decided got dual channel Racedynamics dieseltronic installed from poona motors, pune with very good deal

Don't expect increase in mileage as per claim but performance is mind boggling

I can see wheel spin in p1 mode. P2 is scary

It takes under 9 secs to reach 100 in P2

Completed 10k in just 6 months

Some pics and service details will be followed

Some photos and service bill to follow [clap]

IMG_20160702_235625.JPG

IMG_20160702_235040.JPG

Some pics and paid service bill [clap]

DSC_0002.jpg

IMG_20160703_002550.JPG

The most important kitna deti hai [:D]

Screenshot_2016-07-03-00-31-47.png

Screenshot_2016-07-03-00-44-53.png

Couple of more pics with my son[:)]

IMG-20160703-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20160703-WA0000.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Hyundai Fluidic Elantra crdi automatic review with dieseltronic

Congratulations Sir on new ride. The car looks like brand new.

One question, how is the steering feedback ?

Thread Starter #3
Re: Hyundai Fluidic Elantra crdi automatic review with dieseltronic

HI Gautam

Thanks it looks new indeed.

Steering feedback is better than verna and very accurate at corners too.

It weigh nicely at high speed however at city speed remains light.

Congratulations [thumbsup] . IMHO current gen Elantra is the best looking Hyundai. I really love this car. Wish you many more happy and trouble free miles with your car.

Hi,
Congratulations on your Hyundai Elantra. wishes to clock many more miles without issues.
As mentioned in above statement, the car looks like brand new. Post more snaps of interior.

Congrats on the Hyundai Fluidic Elantra . Have a happy and safe ownership experience . BTW , the car looks like its just out of the showroom .
Cheers

Thread Starter #9
Thank buddy.
Btw I had long drive over last weekend Pune - pandharpur - Akkalkot - Gangapur

Left on Saturday morning and returned on Sunday evening

It was wonderful weather on karnataka Maharashtra border

Covered around 750 kms in 2 days. Halt at Akkalkot

Car behaved really well on wet roads thanks to ESC

Loved the addictive turbo pull on Pune - Solapur highway

Acceleration was very fast and none of the cars like xuv, ecosport, s-cross 320 could match. Thanks to dual channel dieseltronic.

Its a race track but I never crossed the limits.

I believe in fast reaching to crusing speed rather than achieving top unsafe speeds

Cruise control is just icing on the cake with auto box

I just set it to 100 kmph and car pulls from 30 to 100 very fast to my liking on its own. Sometimes it becomes too scary

Mileage was around 17kmpl in entire trip

Last edited:
HI Guys

I am really passionate about cars since my childhood and this is my 3rd purchase in last 5-6 years.

Earlier I had learned driving on indigo tdi purchased by family

My 1.4 vtvt review available at below location. I loved each and everything
I am planning to buy verna 1.4 vtvt. Getting it for 7.85 on road in Gujarat inc body cover, mats n mud guard. Is it worth the price paying for a featureless car?? Getting airbags n abs but no music system or parking sensors or auto climate. Kindly opine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #11
Hi Streetpoet,

If airbase and abs is there then rest of the things are not so important

You can take them as aftermarket accessories

Only thing is auto climate control can't be fitted but I don't think it is very handy or mandatory feature as I could leave with it

But if you are okay to stretch budget go ahead and buy 1.6 instead with features you might get better discount as well

Mileage difference is very minimal between two but you will get lot of buyers while selling

Hi Streetpoet,

If airbase and abs is there then rest of the things are not so important

You can take them as aftermarket accessories

Only thing is auto climate control can't be fitted but I don't think it is very handy or mandatory feature as I could leave with it

But if you are okay to stretch budget go ahead and buy 1.6 instead with features you might get better discount as well

Mileage difference is very minimal between two but you will get lot of buyers while selling
Thanx a lot for replying. Actually I m planning to convert it into cng after a couple of years. So I guess 1.4 engine wud b better than 1.6. And I have read reviews on team bhp regarding 1.6 vtvt mileage. It's just around 10-12 . there are lot of features in 1.6 vtvt but price difference wud b around 1.5 lakhs as 1.4 vtvt is in special discount. So confused.

Thread Starter #13
Alright if cng is on your mind then it's just like my story.
I also did cng conversation on 1.4 vtvt and sequential system of STAG

Result was not so good on 1.4 although mileage was 22km/kg

Car gave jerks on first/second gear..it resolved a bit on it's own later but not resolved 100%

In my opinion city would be better option for cng conversion for ultimate blend of power and mileage on cng as per review

Look for lower end of city and convert to cng

Hope it helps

Alright if cng is on your mind then it's just like my story.
I also did cng conversation on 1.4 vtvt and sequential system of STAG

Result was not so good on 1.4 although mileage was 22km/kg

Car gave jerks on first/second gear..it resolved a bit on it's own later but not resolved 100%

In my opinion city would be better option for cng conversion for ultimate blend of power and mileage on cng as per review

Look for lower end of city and convert to cng

Hope it helps
Thanx a lot. Booked a stardust verna 1.4 vtvt. Planning to change the colour to black. Will cancel the booking if they wont be able to deliver it to me within 15 days. Then will search other options like honda city etc.

Thread Starter #15
Thanx a lot. Booked a stardust verna 1.4 vtvt. Planning to change the colour to black. Will cancel the booking if they wont be able to deliver it to me within 15 days. Then will search other options like honda city etc.
Ok good. Thinks about your requirement according to priority and take the decision. keep us informed [:D]

Top Bottom