My Cobra: Maruti Suzuki Ciaz ZDi (Dignity Brown)

Thread Starter #1
My Cobra: Maruti Suzuki Ciaz ZDi (Dignity Brown), 30K Completed

Got my Ciaz delivered on 28th May. Having driven the Cobra 2500+ Km so far these are the positives and negatives that I can list out.

+ves first
Excellent road presence - People give way , trust me . This is what I feel after migrating from Ritz. Especially when I am navigating through crowded streets , people stare for a second and move the parked vehicles without even me asking them. If I were in my Ritz I have to get down and move the parked two-wheelers[lol]. Apparently, Ciaz demands some respect on Road.

Soft Suspensions - All of a sudden I developed the habit of not slowing down for small bumps and pot holes [:)]. Drive Ciaz for sometime you will be spoilt with it suspensions , drive any other car in that Segment you will think something wrong with the suspension.

Excellent NVH levels - Drive in 100 - 120 , you will notice the cabin is very silent and people in rear seat wont even realize that you are cruising at such speed. You will have a big grin in your mind - outside you will be silent , just like the Ciaz [lol].

Roomy Cabin - Very spacious sedan, you wont have any complaint here.

Excellent Cabin quality - When I showed the car to my relatives they didn't believe this is a Maruti car. Every time they see the dashboard, they go back and check the badge. It is clear that Maruti has not compromised here. Actually this is one of the main reasons for me to choose Ciaz. I am planning to keep the car for 10 years atleast and the dashboard is the one we see all the time I don't want to get bored or feel bad.

Fuel Efficiency - I am getting 20 in city . Period.

Price - This is the most important point , isn't it? Ciaz gives an excellent VFM , especially the Diesel model. I got it for 10.8L + 10K Accessories .

Now the -Ves. These may not be deal breakers , but definitely to be improved/answered by Maruti.

Engine sound at out side - Well this is a serious one to me. This is one thing I really hate in Ciaz. Engine sound is very high when heard from our outside . I dont know how Maruti engineers overlooked this. I have to see is there any after market treatments to reduce the sound. Ideas welcome...

Blind spots - A pillars cause some serious blind spots on turnings. I am not sure if this is specific to ciaz or common in all sedans. One has to be very very careful on turnings.

Windshield misted but from outside - I notice this strange issue , mist forms on outside of the windshield on rainy days or when the outside temperate is very less - like a early morning after a heavy rain at night. Even if put the wipers it forms again immediately. This is really really annoying and I never faced this issue in Ritz.

AC is not chilling to the bone - AC could be better , may be because of the huge green houses in place , all the four glasses are huge, needless to mention the front and rear windshields . I have to put the sun films yet.

No cruise control This is something I had in my list when I was searching for the next car. Still I couldn't digest that Ciaz doesn't have this feature. Why Maruti ? Don't you know you are placing this car against the mighty City ?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
Re: My Cobra - Ciaz ZDI (Dignity Brown)

Items/Accessories Purchased so far

• Door belt-line chrome
  • Illuminated sill guard
  • MGA body cover
  • Interior styling kit
  • Bosch AQT 35-12 Car Washer
  • Auto Pearl Magnetic sun shade
  • Bergmann Hurricane Hi-Power Car Vacuum Cleaner
  • Jopasu Duster
  • Pressure Spray Pump 1.5 Liter (Excellent item)
  • Sonax interior spray
  • Poorboys Ex paint selant
  • Valet Pro Clay
  • 3M dashboard Polish
  • Formula 1 Tyre Shine form
  • 3M glass cleaner
  • 3M Liquid Wax
  • 3M Car Care Microfiber Cloth
  • Soft Spun Microfiber cloth set
  • Vheelocity Cleaning Brush
  • Hand-Held Wiper
  • Crab body Mitt
  • Formula 1 wash and wax car shampoo
  • Goodyear Tyre inflator
  • Coido Tyre pressure gauge
  • Victronix Swiss Knife
  • Energizer Led Headlamp
  • J & J Wet Wipes

Items/Accessories planned

• Noodle mat - so far running with MGA mat , but it is not bad i should say.
  • Boot door chrome line
  • Sun Flims
  • Dashcam
  • Good water-less wash concentrate (PROKLEAR RAW Xtreme ?)
  • Angel lights and DRL (Not sure if this will void warranty)
  • Silicon Key Cover
  • Led Floor Light for second row

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: My Cobra - Ciaz ZDI (Dignity Brown)

[*]Sun Flims

[*]Angel lights and DRL (Not sure if this will void warranty)
Sun Films are banned pan India. No amount of transparency is permitted by our honorable court. Also, Angel lights / DRL from after market will surely hamper the warranty. If at all you need to place the DRLs then do it after 2 years or so when warranty ends.

Regards

Akash

Congratulations Sir on your new ride.

Awesome pics of awesome car.
You have great photographer skills.

Thread Starter #11
Some more photos
Illuminated door sill guard
IMG_7515.JPG

IMG_7533.JPG

IMG_7539.JPG

IMG_20160703_184909.jpg

IMG_20160703_175305.jpg

congrats for your new ride and enjoy more miles
Thank you joni_rajpura.

Congratulations on your new Ciaz !!

Great photos, Car looks stunning [clap]

Wish you many safe miles ahead [:)]
Thank you Vishnu.

Congratulations Sir on your new ride.

Awesome pics of awesome car.
You have great photographer skills.
Thank you Gautam.

Sun Films are banned pan India. No amount of transparency is permitted by our honorable court.
Yes, that is true. But IMHO banning sun-films in countries like India is a stupid decision , it is like banning closing the houses because someone can commit crimes inside [frustration]

Congrats buddy I too bought Ciaz zxi+ last month same colour. Enjoying every moment.
Thanks and congrats to you too! Photos please [:)]..

Congrats for your new car and nice pics
Thanks amit!

Top Bottom